jasoncran

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

It is a deeply unChritian attitude. Where in the Gospels does Jesus advocate the type of pointless slaughter that you advocate here. I suggest that insread of getting angry you turn to the New Testament and start reading the Gospels and learn to love unconditionally and not to hate.

I guess you don't take Revelation literal, do you?

Jesus as revealed in the Gospels, yes. As to the book of Revelation, I believe that "historically" it refers to the situation facing the Church at the time of its writing. That does not preclude us from interpreting it and drawing parallels to our current society. I do not see it as a bleprint for our immediate global political situation..I believe that historically it refers to the situation facing the Church at the time of its writing. However, as far as "literal" interpretations are concerned - well it's an apocalypse

apoc·a·lypse

noun \ə-ˈpä-kə-ˌlips\

Definition of APOCALYPSE

a: one of the Jewish and Christian writings of 200 b.c. to a.d. 150 marked by pseudonymity, symbolic imagery, and the expectation of an imminent cosmic cataclysm in which God destroys the ruling powers of evil and raises the righteous to life in a messianic kingdom

an allegorical genre clearly wasn't written with a literal interpretation in mind. A brief consultation of the threads related to the book here, and there are plenty of them, will show that non-literal interpretations are rife amongst our fellow posters.