gdemoss

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

i have the gift of prophesy. God has told me what is to come, He has revealed to me the Mysteries of the Bible, opened up my understanding of them. One will know they have the gift of prophesy when God reveals to them what is to come.

How do you know it is from God?

Jeremiah 23:21

I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.

Matthew 7:22

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord,

have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Funny, I know what is coming too and all I had to do was pick up my Bible turn to the Book of Revelation. As I have said before, I do not believe there are prophets today. I might add. You had better be right about everything that comes out of your mouth and I mean 100% of the time because one thing that is wrong, you are no longer a prophet. :heart:

I agree with both RustyAngel and NCN. :thumbsup: To add to what RustyAngel and NCN have said...

DiscipleDave777 I am concerned with this line of thinking.

2 Pet. 1:19-21

19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed,which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 20knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of Godspoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

no prophesy of Scripture comes from the thinking or understanding of man. they do not come by men interpretations of the prophesies. Interpretation of prophesies come from God, as it is written, interpretations belong to God, they do not belong to men. Do you then believe the above verse that plainly says prphesy comes by holy men of God spoke as these holy men were moved by the Holy Ghost? Tell me, what have i said contrary to any Scripture that you have judged me to be an unholy man? if you have read my website, or read other threads from other posts, you would then know that i teach to cease from sin. i have said plainly that i do not knowingly or willingly commit any sin against Jesus Christ. Tell me if a person truly does not knowingly and willingly commit sin would that person be a holy man? Tell me describe for me a Holy man? If Jesus lives inside me and gives me the Strength to overcome Every temptation that satan throws at me, and He is my power against him, and He tells me things, which i then tell you what He has told me, how is that my private interpretation? how is that coming from me, when i merely tell you what He has told me. How am i adding anything at all, if it is He who is telling me these things?

name='GoldenEagle' timestamp='1353651308' post='1888514]Further... Do not add or take away from the Word...

Deut. 4:2

You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Deut. 12:32

Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it.

Prov. 30:6

Do not add to His words,
Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

Tell me, what have i added to the Word of God?

Is this a different Gospel?

Gal 1:6-12

6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

A different gospel, or a different doctrine is one that is CONTRARY to sound doctrine. If i teach anything that is contrary to sound doctrine then believe not a word of it. However what i teach does not contradict Scriptures, it contradicts the private interpretations of man and what they believe to be the truth. Of a Truth, i make it known unto to you and have many times on these posts, that what i teach is not according to man, nor from my own understanding, nor was i taught it, but it came throught the revelation of Jesus Christ, as i have plainly said many times, what i teach comes from Him, not me.

name='GoldenEagle' timestamp='1353651308' post='1888514]A warning...

Rev. 22:18-19

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I pray God opens your eyes.

God bless,

GE

One who claims to hear from God Himself is the one you say "I pray God opens your eyes" Those who know the Truth, will know His voice when they hear it.

^i^

Recently a friend of mine mentioned he has had people come up to him to tell him some "new" revelation.

He replied and said, "If it's new it's not true. New revelation? God's revelation is found in the Bible."

Yet Scriptures reveals that in the last days, God will pour out His Spirit on the sons and daughters and they shall prophesize. Was not Daniel told to seal up the revelations that He had heard until the last days, These revelations are revealed to who in the last days? Those who have the gift of prohesy. The Apostle John also was told to seal up information that he received until the last days. So why is it, if anyone at all (with this generation) comes saying they have received from God new revelations, which are not really new, but only are now being revealed to people, automattically dismiss any information if it is not in the Bible? What information is going to be revealed that Daniel sealed up? What information is going to be revealed that the Apostle John sealed up? If this information has already been revealed in the Word, then there would have been no need to seal it up then. This generation does greatly error in thinking there are no new prophesies beingrevealed by God today.

^i^

Would someone...anyone...please tell me how one can claim to be a prophet and yet NOT have discernment?

A prophet of God most assuredly has to have discernment, they also must have knowledge of the Scriptures. The devil can come as an Angel of light, therefore it is what is being said that reveals the true nature of the one who is saying it. If then a voice speaks with you, you must have knowledge fo the Scriptures to be able to tell if what is being said contradicts what Scriptures plainly teach. In other words a voice that tells you to kill your parents because they are evil, can't be a spirit of God because it is instructing you to do something which is contrary to the Word of God, the Word teaches to LOVE others, not to kill them. So then a voice that teaches you to LOVE ONE ANOTHER, to cease from obeying satan and committing sin against Jesus Christ, is not likely to be a demon, because that is also what the Word of God plainly teaches us to do.

So a prophet of God most certainly has to have the spirit of discernment, without it, how will they know to whom has been speaking with them?

^i^

Question for those who believe there are no new prophesies to be revealed.

Daniel received knowledge that was sealed up to the last days. Apostle John received knowledge that was also sealed. The question to those who believe there is no more new knowledge to be revealed from prophets, what knowledge is going to be revealed in the last days that Daniel and John sealed up? and by whom will they be revealed?

^i^

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

More to the point Dave, we have no way of knowing if you are a prophet yet you have announced that you are a prophet.

I could say the same thing. I could also say that God told me to tell you that you are not a prophet.

See how that works?

This is a forum. I find it less than useful to declare oneself a prophet in a thread about prophecy. Are you not in effect

stating that if you are a prophet then you must be an authority on the subject?

Just wondering................

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Recently a friend of mine mentioned he has had people come up to him to tell him some "new" revelation.

He replied and said, "If it's new it's not true. New revelation? God's revelation is found in the Bible."

Yet Scriptures reveals that in the last days, God will pour out His Spirit on the sons and daughters and they shall prophesize. Was not Daniel told to seal up the revelations that He had heard until the last days, These revelations are revealed to who in the last days? Those who have the gift of prohesy. The Apostle John also was told to seal up information that he received until the last days. So why is it, if anyone at all (with this generation) comes saying they have received from God new revelations, which are not really new, but only are now being revealed to people, automattically dismiss any information if it is not in the Bible? What information is going to be revealed that Daniel sealed up? What information is going to be revealed that the Apostle John sealed up? If this information has already been revealed in the Word, then there would have been no need to seal it up then. This generation does greatly error in thinking there are no new prophesies beingrevealed by God today.

^i^

I do not see where anyone has dismissed anything automatically.

I do have a tendency to dismiss those who proclaim to be a prophet on a forum where there is no background of that person, no record

of past prophecies having come true and no way to ascertain the truth other than another prophet with discernment just saying

no you are not a prophet.

It may just be me, but it appears that the whole exercise would constantly loose validity as one progressed through it

^i^

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

These two Brothers at least possibly.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,387
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Yes, I believe in a closed cannon of scripture. I also believe that only those whom God allows can see and understand all that is presented in it, especially that which is prophetic in nature. Not everything is given unto all.

I am not correcting BUT merely giving more food for thought in each of the following quotes!

Jas 2:9

9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

KJV

1 Pe 1:17

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work,

pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

KJV

Lk 11:9-13

9 "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

11 If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish,

will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your

heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

NKJV

God resists the proud but gives grace unto the humble. Those who walk in darkness, though they have a bible by their side, will never see the day coming but it shall overtake them as a thief. The truth I speak can be easily seen in the variety of misunderstandings concerning the rapture of the church, which is a prophetic doctrine. Some see pre, post, mid, prewrath, while others see no rapture at all.

What are the major views on the timing of the Rapture?

1) The Pretribulational Rapture The Rapture will occur before the tribulation period begins.

2) The Midtribulational Rapture The Rapture will occur at the midpoint of the Tribulation.

3) The Posttribulational Rapture The Rapture will occur at the end of the Tribulation right before the second coming of Christ back to earth; believers will be raptured up to meet Christ in the -- air and then will return immediately with Him back to the earth.

4) The Partial Rapture Faithful, devoted believers will be raptured before the Tribulation, but the rest of believers will be left to go through the purging of the Tribulation.

5) The Prewrath Rapture The Rapture will occur about three-fourths (five and a half years) of the way through the Tribulation, when the wrath of God begins to be poured out on the earth at the seventh seal.

(from 101 Answers to the Most Asked Questions About the End Times, by Mark Hitchcock, Copyright © 2001 by Multnomah Publishers, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.)

I believe this about all things of God's Word

Mt 7:7-8

7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

NKJV

I believe this promise of our Lord... and it is pleasure for me to seek the truth of Him within His Word! :)

I am Pre-trib at the present... as it has answered to my satisfaction thus far of The Words mystery 1Cor 15:51

A mystery cause this is main verses pertaining Jn 14:1-3; 1 Co 15:50-57; and 1 Th 4:13-18. Plus if you base your understanding

of the gaining of a new body from Gen 1 to 1Cor 14 it would be by death only... then you have chapter 15 of 1Cor! Something unique no doubt :)

We must understand the truth behind spiritual blindness and the simple cure for such that lies in obedience to the light which has been given but if ones light is darkness then how great that darkness. If a man believe the bible teaches that he cannot be like Jesus, he never will be. If he believe that he cannot stop sinning, he never will. The same man will go about his life thinking that he truly understands the mysteries of the bible and prophecy until the day come upon him like a thief and destroy him though he believed.
We will be like Jesus when He in our coming into His Presence puts His Life over our own ...

for until we die we will NOT be sinless

1 Jn 1:8-10

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins,

He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that

we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

NKJV

Luk 8:18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

The scripture cannot be broken. There are those who have some. There are those who are given more. There are those who have had that which the seem to have taken from them. But all think they are right and push off their theology upon another anyway, some by force.

Hbr 10:31 [it is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Php 2:12-16

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more

in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both

to will and to do for His good pleasure.

14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless,

children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine

as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have

not run in vain or labored in vain.

NKJV

along the way His Spirit bears with our spirit we are His... for we become less and Christ more! Love, Steven

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

no prophesy of Scripture comes from the thinking or understanding of man. they do not come by men interpretations of the prophesies. Interpretation of prophesies come from God, as it is written, interpretations belong to God, they do not belong to men. Do you then believe the above verse that plainly says prphesy comes by holy men of God spoke as these holy men were moved by the Holy Ghost? Tell me, what have i said contrary to any Scripture that you have judged me to be an unholy man? if you have read my website, or read other threads from other posts, you would then know that i teach to cease from sin. i have said plainly that i do not knowingly or willingly commit any sin against Jesus Christ. Tell me if a person truly does not knowingly and willingly commit sin would that person be a holy man? Tell me describe for me a Holy man? If Jesus lives inside me and gives me the Strength to overcome Every temptation that satan throws at me, and He is my power against him, and He tells me things, which i then tell you what He has told me, how is that my private interpretation? how is that coming from me, when i merely tell you what He has told me. How am i adding anything at all, if it is He who is telling me these things?

1. Nobody knows the day or the hour of Christ’s return. As RustyAngel said if you claim to be a prophet of God you better be 100% on target with all your prophecies.

Mark 13:32-37

32 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. 34 It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. 35 Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning— 36 lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!”

2. I personally believe what has been revealed is in the Bible. I believe the Bible testifies to this. I further believe a majority of Christians on WCF would agree that the God’s revelation through the Biblical canon is closed. So yes I believe that holy men (2 Pet. 1:19-21) were inspired by God in writing the Bible. Yet I find it very odd and I’m very skeptical when someone claims to be a prophet from God. Even more so when they claim they have revelation directly from Jesus Christ. There is nothing new under the sun. The Bible canon has been closed brother. God doesn't need to give us private revelation to help us in our walk with Him.

Re: Closed Canon and New Prophecies

Scripture is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness that we might be complete in the Lord for good works.

2 Tim. 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

The crucial phrase “once for all” helps us understand the closing of Biblical Canon. The Greek word here is “hapax”, and this word refers to something done for all time, with lasting results, never needing repetition. Nothing needs to be added to the faith that has been delivered "once for all."

The word “delivered” from Jude 3 is also important. In the Greek it is an aorist passive participle, which in this context indicates an act completed in the past with no continuing element. In this particular passage the passive voice means faith wasn’t discovered by men, but given to men by God. How did God do that? Through His revealed Word to mankind - the Bible.

Jude 3

Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.

3. I suppose I’ll ask this first. Did Christ come in human form to die for humanity? The Bible warns of false teachers. The Bible also tells us to test all things and hold fast to what is good. I’ve become somewhat of a Berean in my view of those who claim new revelation. I haven’t yet determined if you are simply confused or truly teaching that which is false. I hope the former and not the later.

1 John 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

1 Cor. 14:29

Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge.

1 Thess. 5:21

Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Acts 17:11

These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

A different gospel, or a different doctrine is one that is CONTRARY to sound doctrine. If i teach anything that is contrary to sound doctrine then believe not a word of it. However what i teach does not contradict Scriptures, it contradicts the private interpretations of man and what they believe to be the truth. Of a Truth, i make it known unto to you and have many times on these posts, that what i teach is not according to man, nor from my own understanding, nor was i taught it, but it came throught the revelation of Jesus Christ, as i have plainly said many times, what i teach comes from Him, not me.

4. I would agree a different Gospel or doctrine is that which is contrary to sound Biblical doctrine. See #5. See this underlined seems to me like heresy brother. Has Jesus Christ revealed things to you not found in the Bible?

Tell me, what have i added to the Word of God?

5. Finally, much of what you have posted has not been approved by the Moderation Team as it has been shown to be contrary to Scripture.

The 144,000 are they that make it alive through the entire 7 year Tribulation period (they will be children) they will live under the reign of Christ for a thousand years, we as Saints will reign with Christ over the nations of the Earth, comprised of the 144,000.

Scripture tells us that the 144,000 are virgin men, not children. The only mention of the word "children" is found in the following scripture, which just states they are His children, not how old they are.

Revelation 7:4

And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed.

Then the Bible says… They're virgins not defiled by women - so possibly young men but for sure not children.

Revelation 14:4-5

These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.

This is just a sample. So you say…

If i teach anything that is contrary to sound doctrine then believe not a word of it.

So… Therefore, I’m inclined not to believe a word of what you are saying is directly from Jesus Christ as you suggest above.

One who claims to hear from God Himself is the one you say "I pray God opens your eyes" Those who know the Truth, will know His voice when they hear it.

^i^

6. Yes this is true. I know God as He is revealed to me through His Word but I do not know you. I believe you are sincere. I believe as well you are sincerely wrong in your handling of Scripture.

God bless,

GE