IGNORED

My mind wondered off on a tanget yet again...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

In a bid to keep my bible study as a constant element in my life a few months ago I downloaded a Bible app on my blackberry which proved to be excellent as when I now have a sleepless night I can plug in my earphones and listen to it prior to going to bed. So what I have been doing is going through the old testament and new and highlighting verses (most of which I ended up adding to my signature area) however last night my mind wondered off on a tangent. I was going through all the areas I highlighted and then my mind just wandered off into thought.. Like totally way off the point...

It was really just this one verse and maybe I have just taken this out of the context but its really got me thinking about it!

The verse in question:

Jeremiah 29:11 - 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'

I don't intend to irritate anyone or to quiz anything to seem disrespectful. My trail of thought started as I was thinking 'well I started off Oct 201o as a firm agnostic person and then Oct 2011 as a Christian and here I am 2012 Oct firm Christian' then that verse set the wheels turning in my head (rare event for me!).

So I am blessed and this process was all intended for me to go through so I can accept all the bad things that have happened to me as that process lead me here - however how does that justify people going astray? Was that also intended by God?

Edited by OneLight

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Hello Free,

So what exactly is going through your mind and what your struggling with? I am sorry not quite sure what your asking, probably just me and sorry if it is just want to help with the best of my God given ability. (No one Gasp lol by that statement I mean with any help I can provide is given by God....understanding etc, sorry for lack of a better word)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

- however how does that justify people going astray? Was that also intended by God?

As people are given revelation of God, they must still choose the good over the evil. God intends everyone to continue to choose the good but has made provision for those who do not continue to do so. They go blind all over again and permanently depart from the faith. To whom much is given much is expected.

Gary

In a bid to keep my bible study as a constant element in my life a few months ago I downloaded a Bible app on my blackberry which proved to be excellent as when I now have a sleepless night I can plug in my earphones and listen to it prior to going to bed. So what I have been doing is going through the old testament and new and highlighting verses (most of which I ended up adding to my signature area) however last night my mind wondered off on a tangent. I was going through all the areas I highlighted and then my mind just wandered off into thought.. Like totally way off the point...

It was really just this one verse and maybe I have just taken this out of the context but its really got me thinking about it!

The verse in question:

Jeremiah 29:11 - 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'

I don't intend to irritate anyone or to quiz anything to seem disrespectful. My trail of thought started as I was thinking 'well I started off Oct 201o as a firm agnostic person and then Oct 2011 as a Christian and here I am 2012 Oct firm Christian' then that verse set the wheels turning in my head (rare event for me!).

So I am blessed and this process was all intended for me to go through so I can accept all the bad things that have happened to me as that process lead me here - however how does that justify people going astray? Was that also intended by God?

Not

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 2 Corinthians 4:13-17

To Worry

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. Luke 18:17

Just Talk To Your Heavenly Father

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

And Trust

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi,

well it would have been better if I added a bit more background to what is making me go off tangent, Well a few weeks ago I had a really stressful moment with my family issues (I think you can find that post through my history on this lovely forum) anyhow my initial thoughts were around how I started off with such a closed mind I was a firm agnostic/atheist in oct 2010 and then by oct 2011 a firm christian so that was I dwelling on anyway.

But I think Gary has hit nail no the head, are some of us just destined to be guided to good and some people just destined to bad? I'm trying not to start debating predestination....but im tip toeing there slowly... :biggrin2:

Man Oh Man, God had given me scripture last-nite that I was supposed to show you, and of course what happens......I forget it !! Of all things, ugh. :/

Hmm, this is quite irritating, gonna be on my mind all day ! lol well gonna find it sooner or later. :P (God refresh my memory !! lol In Jesus Name, amen)

anyhow, this is just a phase of desperation, not a falling away but a struggle that will soon blow over, hang in there !

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)

The world brings forth displeasure, in God we find peace in this storm and He brings calmness. Hang in there, help is on the way !

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,654
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I think the point that might help this along is that this life is not a means to an end. Well, it is and it is not. What may be hard for us to get our heads around is the fact that this life... this world... this universe of physicality was created for the sole purpose of establishing the facts that God is just, God is more than fair, and his judgment is true (Isaiah 43:7). THIS is the glory that God is to regain which Jesus prayed about (in part in John 17) his part, anyway.

Those spirit beings (which we often call angels which were actually cherubs and seraphs) who sinned once were condemned to eternity in hell (which was created for them Matthew 24:41). It is as though while the sentence was pronounced the devil accused the Lord of being unjust and unfair... and with no obligation to do so, God set out to answer that accusation and began creating the physical realm through which he could redeem a people who had the ability to die. Spirit beings could not be redeemed from the pronouncement "the soul that sins shall die." They are in their eternal state already. Man who can die and be resurrected can be redeemed once a kinsman redeemer paid the price for their sins. That required God becoming a man to be of kin to man. He did not do so with "angels" since they could not die or be resurrected (which is a physical reality of the body not the spirit Romans 8:23b).

For God to do so meant that he would have to become a man forever even though he retains his full deity. This lot fell to the Creator of both men and angels (the preincarnate Jesus God the Word who alone created all things created in the beginning John 1:1-3, Colossians 1:13-16, Isaiah 44:24). This is why the cost is so high for sinners to end up in eternal hell... because Jesus paid so high a price in just the incarnation and then on the cross. This offer of salvation is offered to all people. Not just some.

John 3:16-18 (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 John 2:1-2 (KJV)

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 Timothy 4:10 (KJV)

10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

This is NOT universal salvation for mankind. John 3:16-18 specifically teaches it is not.

Trouble is, many (perhaps most) people are too stuck on their own sovereignty (self rule etc) to take the simple step to receiving this free gift of eternal salvation... and God knows before hand who will not accept this prepaid salvation and who will...

It's not God choosing this person over that person... it's just the opposite... this person not choosing God and that person choosing God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,654
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Man's self will / self rule is at the heart of many things.

"I cannot believe there is only one way to God..." for example. Even though scripture explicitly shows us it is miraculous that there is even one way.

"I have not seen enough evidence to believe there even is a God..." Even though they cannot answer the simple question where did everything come from? Macro-evolution is a merry-go-round to distract from the fact it cannot begin to explain biogenesis. And that's what the question actually is about. How did something come from nothing?

"I believe in the god of the hills..." Insert any false god or false religion into this one. It is the most ideal spot for a pagan to be in since they can invent their god, tell it what to do and to think from behind the scenes, and then blame it when all goes wrong and feign humility at the same time. It's like the wizzard of Oz and they are the man behind the curtain.

All attributed to man's putting self on the throne...

Even in some Christian circles you have people who set their personal understanding on the highest pedestal of their beliefs or their traditions or their denominational platform... I was so dismayed in SBC seminary to hear the infestation of German higher criticism teach young theologs "God could not name Darius before he was born in the book of Isaiah, so the book of Isaiah must have been written by the 'school of Isaiah' over several centuries." I left that seminary and that denomination that semester.

When we try to put the Eternal Being into boxes we mere mortal men determine he belongs in and teach this as truth... LOOK OUT!

And my point here is to BEWARE that you might be subjected to this more than you may realize through your own walk or your denominations' (which means you subscribe to many things in their traditions and teachings that you might not have actually checked out with scripture. And that is a very dangerous place to be. Jesus said the Word of God itself is nullified by the traditions of men.

Mark 7:13 (KJV)

13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Mark 7:13 (NIV)

13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

The Word of God is the very measuring rod given to man by God to determine what is actually true.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (NIV)

21 Test everything. Hold on to the good.

1 John 4:1 (NIV)

1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Acts 17:11 (NIV)

11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV)

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 2:15 (NIV)

15 Do your best {{KJV says STUDY}} to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

John 17:17 (NIV)

17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

Be very very careful!