I choked the word - am I doomed

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I feel I was recently chastened and I received a spirit of fear. I did not fully understand what was happening. I think I also received "the word" (wheat and tares parable). I felt close to God for weeks, but was worrying about some cares of the world and allowed "the word" to be choked out. Looking back, I know I should have ignored the world while this was going on and should have been reading my Bible when I was awakened at night (rather than trying to go back to sleep). I see this now. I feel "carnal" again. It is my understanding that you need to "keep the word" and that this is the time that the Holy Spirit renews you. I assume that receiving the word is a one time shot. Is there any recourse now or am I doomed to Hell. I can't imagine walking this earth as a zombie with a spirit of fear (waking me up multiple times each night) simply waiting for death and Hell. How long can my body hold up? Any advice or prayers would be appreciated.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I feel I was recently chastened and I received a spirit of fear. I did not fully understand what was happening. I think I also received "the word" (wheat and tares parable). I felt close to God for weeks, but was worrying about some cares of the world and allowed "the word" to be choked out. Looking back, I know I should have ignored the world while this was going on and should have been reading my Bible when I was awakened at night (rather than trying to go back to sleep). I see this now. I feel "carnal" again. It is my understanding that you need to "keep the word" and that this is the time that the Holy Spirit renews you. I assume that receiving the word is a one time shot. Is there any recourse now or am I doomed to Hell. I can't imagine walking this earth as a zombie with a spirit of fear (waking me up multiple times each night) simply waiting for death and Hell. How long can my body hold up? Any advice or prayers would be appreciated.

Sounds strangely familiar to my own experience 2 years ago. Take these words to heart:

Rom 5:1 ¶ Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Rom 5:3 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Rom 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Rom 5:6 ¶ For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Don't stop crying out for deliverance from this and my experience tells me that God will deliver you. I actually spent some time crying out with strong crying and tears unto the one who was able to save me from death and believe that I was heard in that I feared, which was followed by restoration of my spirit and the removal of the spirit of fear that was placed upon me that woke me up regularly with all kinds of craziness.

praying for you.

Gary

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

It is satan's JOB to tell you you're not saved. He's just doing his job. Since he is a LIAR, and since he is telling you you're not saved, we can rest assured that--feelings quite aside--you are God's child.

The devil does this to EVERY CHRISTIAN!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

God is not trying to badger you ...nor should you badger yourself through getting to know Gods word.

If you say you were recently chastened ... only you know what for. But, to fear God is good but, not to the extreme...God doesn't do that.

There is scripture to help about fear.

Timothy 1:7

For God has not given us a spirit of fear ,

but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Philippians 4 :7-8

7- and the peace of God . which surpasses all

understanding, will guard your hearts and minds

through Christ Jesus.

8- Finally , brethren whatever things are noble ,

whatever things are just ,whatever things are pure,

whatever things are lovely, whatever things are

of good report , if there is any virtue and if there is anything

praiseworthy -meditate on these things.

Isaiah 54 : 14

14- In righteousness you shall be established ;

You shall be far from oppression, for you

shall not fear ;

And from the terror, for it shall not come near you.

Thanks so much for the advice. I still question whether receipt of "the word" is a one time event. Consequences are listed in the wheat/tares scripture. I don't see where another opportunity is given. Is "the word" the gospel of Christ in this passage? If so, it can only be received once.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

You do not want to deny God His victory in this! ! John 1:9 If we confess our sins He is faithful and

just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us of all unrighteousness.

Once you confess that sin this is what God does:

Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us

Sounds strangely familiar to my own experience 2 years ago. Take these words to heart:

Rom 5:1 ¶ Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Rom 5:3 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Rom 5:6 ¶ For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Don't stop crying out for deliverance from this and my experience tells me that God will deliver you. I actually spent some time crying out with strong crying and tears unto the one who was able to save me from death and believe that I was heard in that I feared, which was followed by restoration of my spirit and the removal of the spirit of fear that was placed upon me that woke me up regularly with all kinds of craziness.

praying for you.

Gary

Gary, was it long before you were delivered? So just keep crying out for deliverance? I can't cry anymore, but I did cry fervently when this thing first came on me. How was your spirit restored?

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

praying for you.

Gary

Gary, was it long before you were delivered? So just keep crying out for deliverance? I can't cry anymore, but I did cry fervently when this thing first came on me. How was your spirit restored?

Biscuit, my trials went on for a period of about 4 months and my recovery was not instant but slow, happening gradually over a period of about a month. That may not give much comfort but I want you to understand that not only was I restored but I was actually exalted by God in my spirit. I ended up with a closer walk with him than before I fell. If you would like to talk by phone just PM me and I will be more than happy to help you in any way that I can. I know just how horrible it feels to look left and God is not there and then right and no God there either, but only to be all alone, scared and weak. When you pray, let me encourage you to ask God to fill you with his Holy Spirit. Plead with him to come in unto you and make his abode with you. Remember Israel, God could not take their crying unto him and it broke him so he restored them though they had been abominable. He will restore you. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Those who have been cast off by him are they who simply no longer even believe any of it. They are people like viole, Fathom and Celcius in the outer court. They have heard it all but nothing affects them any longer. You on the other hand know. God has not let you go. Now be like Jacob and wrestle with him and tell him you wont let him go until he blesses you....

Praying for you again,

Gary

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/20/1988

I've been down that road before. It's the most terrifying experience you can have. I'd give you two things.

Matthew 10:22 "But the one who endures to the end will be saved."

and

Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

Persevere brother. Because perseverance is a sign of your being in the Word of God. Where you are, is the greatest place you can be, and no enemy can snatch you from His hands.

Biscuit, my trials went on for a period of about 4 months and my recovery was not instant but slow, happening gradually over a period of about a month. That may not give much comfort but I want you to understand that not only was I restored but I was actually exalted by God in my spirit. I ended up with a closer walk with him than before I fell. If you would like to talk by phone just PM me and I will be more than happy to help you in any way that I can. I know just how horrible it feels to look left and God is not there and then right and no God there either, but only to be all alone, scared and weak. When you pray, let me encourage you to ask God to fill you with his Holy Spirit. Plead with him to come in unto you and make his abode with you. Remember Israel, God could not take their crying unto him and it broke him so he restored them though they had been abominable. He will restore you. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Those who have been cast off by him are they who simply no longer even believe any of it. They are people like viole, Fathom and Celcius in the outer court. They have heard it all but nothing affects them any longer. You on the other hand know. God has not let you go. Now be like Jacob and wrestle with him and tell him you wont let him go until he blesses you....

Praying for you again,

Gary

Gary,

I appreciate the offer and I may call you later if things start getting worse. I'm doing fair right now. I should have trusted in God thru all this but my doctor noticed I was depressed and had lost 35 to 40 pounds so he gave me some nerve pills. I had been laying on the couch sleeping most of the day and I could tell it was starting to affect my son. My wife had this spirit of fear when she died. So I took some clonazepam today and we got out and did a few things in town. I was actually holding up good till this week with my worship and praising. Like I said, I felt like something just left me and all I could do was fix my son some food in the morning and then lay on the couch most of the day. I try to sleep a couple of hours till about 1am, then listen to my audio Bible till 3am (since I will get woken up anyway), and then sleep fair off and on till 8 or 9 or so. May I ask if you have been baptised in the Holy Spirit or speak in tongues? I really want to hear God's voice and know His will for me. He does speak to me thru scripture sometimes but not the same. He has talked to me thru prophecy before. Do you feel that this spirit of fear was a "thorn in the side" experience? God has dealt with me regarding pride and I know He wants it gone. Thanks for the comforting words. .... James