IGNORED

How do I get a tender heart again (unharden heart)?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,279
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

image-1.jpg

I don't know if you have given much thought to your makeup... but the inner man can only be strengthened by God's Word

... so I find the more I place myself into the meditation of His Word and talk with Him about it- the more my heart is soft and

usable to Him! The soul is quite distracted with the world and body influence and this tends to justify not much time given to

the meditation of Scripture and spiritual discussions with the Holy Spirit about the truth of life. Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you all for your prayers and great advice. Blessings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Thank you all for your prayers and great advice. Blessings.

Yes, you have been given some great advice. You will be in my prayers.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Bisciut, I asked God to soften me up.......... it was not a pretty thing to go though, and now I get emotional over everything.... sometimes it's embarrassing... but it's good.

Your post made me smile. :mgcheerful:

Biscuit, I will pray for you!

Edited by HumbleBee

Bisciut, I asked God to soften me up.......... it was not a pretty thing to go though, and now I get emotional over everything.... sometimes it's embarrassing... but it's good.

Your post made me smile. :mgcheerful:

Biscuit, I will pray for you!

Thanks so much, HumbleBee. Blessings.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

My heart is hard and I can't even seem to cry. Life events I guess. Besides praying to God, what can I do so that my heart will be tender again? I sometimes want to pray fervently, which is difficult when you can't shed a tear. My son and I are supposed to be going to a counselor soon, but is almost 3 weeks away. He seems to have a hard heart also. Was wondering if anyone has gone thru this or has any advice.

Hello Biscuit, it seems like you have gotten pretty good advice! Sorry I am so late on a response, with that being said how are you doing currently?

God bless you

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Biscuit, if you hold on to any bitterness about things in your life you will be hardened.

It will not go away until you tell God what you are bitter about and ask Him to help you let go of that bitterness.

Like other one I now find myself crying in places others would think I am crazy for. God has given me a heart

that is tender and sometimes the tears come at the least desirable times, nevertheless I am grateful to Him and

can never get enough of His filling.

I pray that where grace can find a way that you find love, forgiveness, compassion and a tender heart, for Christ's sake.

[[hugs]]

My heart is hard and I can't even seem to cry. Life events I guess. Besides praying to God, what can I do so that my heart will be tender again? I sometimes want to pray fervently, which is difficult when you can't shed a tear. My son and I are supposed to be going to a counselor soon, but is almost 3 weeks away. He seems to have a hard heart also. Was wondering if anyone has gone thru this or has any advice.

Hello Biscuit, it seems like you have gotten pretty good advice! Sorry I am so late on a response, with that being said how are you doing currently?

God bless you

Hi Jacob,

You are right. Good advice. No real changes that I can tell. Maybe it will come with time. God bless.

Biscuit, if you hold on to any bitterness about things in your life you will be hardened.

It will not go away until you tell God what you are bitter about and ask Him to help you let go of that bitterness.

Like other one I now find myself crying in places others would think I am crazy for. God has given me a heart

that is tender and sometimes the tears come at the least desirable times, nevertheless I am grateful to Him and

can never get enough of His filling.

I pray that where grace can find a way that you find love, forgiveness, compassion and a tender heart, for Christ's sake.

[[hugs]]

Thank you, joi. I lost my Mom, wife, job recently and some other things happened. You may be right. I tried to forgive everyone (including God). It's hard to tell if I am bitter. I don't trust my feelings or my heart, so maybe I am.