• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/23/1988

Can't get the quote feature to work, but it was stated:

So, I ask everyone to do the following:

• If you know you are butting heads with another member, be the first to offer an olive branch and be the peacemaker.
  • If you notice that you are getting heated by another’s response, walk away from the thread until you know you have His peace back in your life over the issue.
  • If you feel strongly about an issue between you and another member, offer to debate it in the Soap Box forum so the two of you can focus on each other’s response and not all the other posts of those who want to be involved.
  • Check your attitudes as you post, ensuring that what you are posting is exactly what you want to post.
  • Watch your words. Using passive aggressive statements are just as cutting and demeaning as an outright insult.
  • Ensure that you are discussing the issue, not the person.
  • If you have a personal statement to another member, take it private and remain respectful.
  • Take the time to ensure that what you think someone is saying is what they are saying, not reading into another’s post.
  • Ask questions for clarification when a statement is unclear instead of assuming you know what someone is saying is advisable.
  • Back up your words with supporting Scripture. If you don’t, one could easily see a post as “cause I said so”, which goes absolutely nowhere.
  • If you witness a wayward post or thread, please report it. We cannot be everywhere at once and there are far too many threads to read through to catch everything. I would rather have to filter through many reports then to have anyone think we are playing favorites by allowing a member to blast another member, or that a topic is allowed when it should not be.
  • Always seek the guidance from the Holy Spirit as to how to reply to a post.
  • Last, but far from the least, post as if you are posting to Jesus, because He is with you and everyone else

My reply....

EXCELLENT! One of the best summeries I've ever seen....

I've been on staff at two websites similar to this, I've trained and supervised staff - and it is AMAZING (and disturbing) how people can treat each other..... PUBLICALLY..... I've GOT to believe they would NEVER say these things face-to-face, they'd NEVER treat a fellow church member like this..... Sometimes people get "caught up" in things, sometimes emotions take over, but I think a lot of the times.... they just aren't thinking. One guideline I've used: READ what you've written twice before you hit the "post" button; ask yourself - is this to the point, does this contribute something, and I proud of this (AND how's my spelling!)?

All "rules" at all websites boil down to: speak to the POST not the POSTER (discuss the POINT rather than the PERSON). DISCUSS the point, don't flame the poster. We ALL can forget....... a blend of forgiveness and accountability are needed, the rightful application of Law and Gospel. My philosophy was to speak helpfully and carry a very small stick - but at times, well....

I'm a newbie. I will TRY (TRY!) to be a part of the solution and not the problem. I will fail at times.....

My thanks to the staff, It is a HARD, time-consuming, totally THANKLESS job - usually done with no compensation at all. All grief - no reward. Done ONLY because good communications between Christians is valued. I appreciate the work! I HOPE it never involves me or my posts as the topic.

- Josiah

Edited by CaliforniaJosiah

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Good words for new members of the forum. Chat rooms and posts can get out of hand and I do appreciate this article, I hope everyone reads it.

Blessings

• 3 months later...

• Content Count:  6

A lot of great information thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Each of us deserves our own thoughts and beliefs, and none of us has the right our authority to tell someone they are wrong. You can disagree with it or show them where the Bible disagrees with them, but we should never just outright tell people they are wrong.

I think you're wrong!

:rofl:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Geoff Primanti

Excellent advice (I am saying this to the original post).

Edited by Geoff Primanti

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Some very good guidelines, thanks. I am new to the forum and I enjoy discussing scripture with those with different views from my own as I use it as an incentive for research and study. I respect the opinions of others and have no objections to others enthusasticly defending their beliefs, as I do. We all make mistakes but the one thing that I have zero patience with is people intentionally being dishonest. If it is a mistake and is proven as such with evidence then say it was a mistake, if not, then it would seem to be intentional. I really like the one about answering questions, IMO, that is proof of knowing the subject or not. However, it has been my experience that most people do not like being challenged with questions, I hope it is different in this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/09/1941

hi

why not letting the scriptures truth be our judge ;we all know that we have opinions ,but does it fit in the message of the scriptures or the teachings of the scriptures ? why do we have to argue ;either it is in the scriptures and it is true or it is not and it is a man's opinion , 

all men have the right to their opinion ;what i do not stand is someone telling others that his opinion is scriptural and can not prove it that it is so ,and still insults you for asking the prove ,then it is time to walk away ;

• Content Count:  4

Very true.

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  17

Hi everyone Is it hard to start a new post?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,192
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

most of the heated things I've seen since I came in 2003 seems to usually start not when someone disagrees with each other, but when one person tells the other that they are wrong...... then defences go up and there isn't much to discuss that isn't personal.

Each of us deserves our own thoughts and beliefs, and none of us has the right our authority to tell someone they are wrong. You can disagree with it or show them where the Bible disagrees with them, but we should never just outright tell people they are wrong.

God's Word 'IS' the authority and thus says The Lord ends all disputes for all eternity when in this light... Love, Steven