• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

So what about people who would have been dead so long that their bodies would have decayed?

I know I will catch some flack for this but that's OK. God has shown me this spiritual truth: The resurrection of the dead (usually called the "first resurrection") has already occurred in the spiritual realm. The first trumpet has sounded in the spiritual realm. Those Believers who die today go directly to Paradise (holding place for the righteous dead) to be with the Lord and those who were resurrected. See what Jesus told the thief on the cross. Paradise is not Heaven. Paradise is the "holding place" of the righteous dead awaiting. No Jesus is not just "sitting at the right hand of God". He is busy creating a place for us. After the judgments our eternal home will be the New Earth. See Rev. 20 & 21. We will have spiritual bodies.

Hmmm!!

2Co_5:8

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

According to the word of God as given by Paul in his letter to the Thessalonians the resurrection of the dead and the return of God has taken place during Paul's life-time:

For this we say unto you by the Word of the Lord: that we who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who are asleep.For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first; then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so shall we ever be with the Lord.Therefore comfort one another with these words. (1 Thess 15-18)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Shall is future and Paul did not declare that it had happened yet. So shall we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them(the bodies of the dead in Christ) and we shall forever be with the Lord. Have all Christians been taken up? You need to read on because chapter and verses were not in the original manuscripts and Paul tells them that this will happen at the Lord's coming, 1 Thess 5:1-11 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. 8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. 9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing. The comfort to them and to believers ever since this time is that whether one dies or is alive when He comes back, the believer will be with the Lord.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  295
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

The first trumpet has sounded in the spiritual realm.

Can you present Scripture to substantiate this claim? I'm not challenging in a negative way - just curious.

Are you refering to our being "seated with Christ in the heavenly places"? (Ephesians 2:6)

There is none that specifically says the trumpet will sound in the spiritual realm. As I said God revealed that to me through a prophetess back in the 80s.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  195
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

There is none that specifically says the trumpet will sound in the spiritual realm. As I said God revealed that to me through a prophetess back in the 80s.

If there is no Scriptural support for what you claim (I'm not saying that there isn't, I simply wish to see it myself), how can we know that it is the truth and not an invention of man? New revelation must be held up against Scripture to validate it.

Acts 17:11 ...they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things (the teachings of Paul and Silas) were so.

So what about people who would have been dead so long that their bodies would have decayed?

I know I will catch some flack for this but that's OK. God has shown me this spiritual truth: The resurrection of the dead (usually called the "first resurrection") has already occurred in the spiritual realm. The first trumpet has sounded in the spiritual realm. Those Believers who die today go directly to Paradise (holding place for the righteous dead) to be with the Lord and those who were resurrected. See what Jesus told the thief on the cross. Paradise is not Heaven. Paradise is the "holding place" of the righteous dead awaiting. No Jesus is not just "sitting at the right hand of God". He is busy creating a place for us. After the judgments our eternal home will be the New Earth. See Rev. 20 & 21. We will have spiritual bodies.

Jesus is seated the scriptures say in heaven, Eph 1:20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, and also in Heb 8:1 Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, There is no evidence that Jesus remains seated there for all time. These two should suffice as evidence for that and to say that He is not seated at the right hand of God because He is creating a place for us, how long does it take to speak something into existence? Besides, when He said that He was going to prepare a place for us, He could have meant that His dying is what prepared a way for us (That's a bit of a stretch) to be able to go where He would be, it surely wasn't that He was going to get a construction crew of angels and start building. :emot-shakehead: And the saints that will die during the tribulation are specifically said to be in the present of God before His throne, Rev 7:13-15 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from. 14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.” So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. So to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord and He is in heaven. That is based on the assumption that Jesus never moves from that spot.

Hmmm!!

2Co_5:8

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Read my post again. That's what I said.

If there is no Scriptural support for what you claim (I'm not saying that there isn't, I simply wish to see it myself), how can we know that it is the truth and not an invention of man? New revelation must be held up against Scripture to validate it.

Acts 17:11 ...they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things (the teachings of Paul and Silas) were so.

The Bible says "The trumpet shall sound and the dead in Christ shall rise........" The Bible does not say whether that's in our physical realm or the spiritual realm. But what I have been told does not contradict Scripture. It's just not commonly taught.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  195
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

"The trumpet shall sound and the dead in Christ shall rise........"

Unless I am mistaken, we are still in the same Dispensation of time as the Apostle Paul. The verse above uses the future tense - evidently refering to a future event that has not come to pass yet. If I read the complete picture presented by Paul, I cannot understand how it could be supporting what you have proposed.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

We have not, as I understand it, experienced any of the occurrences in this verse.

"The trumpet shall sound and the dead in Christ shall rise........"

Unless I am mistaken, we are still in the same Dispensation of time as the Apostle Paul. The verse above uses the future tense - evidently refering to a future event that has not come to pass yet. If I read the complete picture presented by Paul, I cannot understand how it could be supporting what you have proposed.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

We have not, as I understand it, experienced any of the occurrences in this verse.

Dispensations is not a Biblical term or teaching. I did not post what I have been told to debate it but to inform.