IGNORED

Why I am a Trinitarian

Lanakila

John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Amen Timothy!

I too agree with the verse. But it is clear we share different comprehensions.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,787
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Out of curiousity Blindseeker how do you interpret this verse:

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,787
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

While you are at it what about these passages:

Revelation 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

George

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out!

Out of curiosity Blindseeker how do you interpret this verse:

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

George

Greetings my precious Brother George.

It is a blessing to have your participation here. Your question reminds me of what Charles Hadden Spurgeon once said, and I but crudely paraphrase his sentiments-

• "To what avail is the loudest declaration, or the clearest revelation presented unto man? If God the Holy Ghost does not illuminate the heart of man, then all the suns of the milky way never will."

Now I quote that to address the necessity of divine illumination to understand the things of God and not to insinuate a short coming on Timothy's or your part.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.....Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

2John5:7..."For there are three that bear record in heaven,  the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one."

John1:1.."In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John1:14.."And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt amoung us...."

Eph3:9.."And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ."

Col. 2:2.."That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;...(3)..in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."

1Tim3:16.."And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:  God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, recieved up into glory."

1Cor13:12.."For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face; now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

Heb11:6.."For without faith it is impossible to please Him...."

I don't think we, in our finite state, can begin to comprehend with an infinite wisdom the mystery of God.

I believe we must accept the scriptures with faith, especially concerning the personage of our Lord.

Just as we accept the free gift of salvation, we must accept His Word in reference to His being.

Who can know His ways?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Greetings William.

I guess I didn't state my meaning as clearly as I thought.

What I am trying to present is the fact that we in our humanity will never understand the Trinity, we can know it is there, accept the fact, but not fully comprehend.

We see the mystery, but are unable to fully decipher the mystery.

Eph 3:10 is testifying the plan of

god's salvation in Jesus.

Peace, Carl

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

1John5:7..."For there are three that bear record in heaven,  the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one."

It is highly plausible that this verse is not genuine.  It is absent in every old manuscript of this epistle that was known to be written before the invention of printing, with the exception of one the "Codex Montfortii," in Trinity College, Dublin.

To me that translates to a very scrupulous injection by prejudice sources. Especially when the others which omit this verse amount to one hundred and twelve.

9. If we receive the witness of man, the witness of God is greater."

Hmmm.....which other verses don't belong in the Bible?

For there are three that bear record in heaven