• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,195
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Apparantly, this person and his family are terrible cooks. White meat on a turkey comes out tasting very good as long as you inject it. The reason why dark meat turns out juicier is due to the turkey being cooked breast side up and the juices going down.

But I fry my turkeys and don't have this problem. As I said all one needs to do is inject the white meat, I also inject the dark meat. It is so much better. :emot-drool:

Have not tried it fried, but injected is much more juicy.

Dr. Frankenstein I presume...

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

why all the hate towards turkeys lately, first PETA, and now this... people, just grow up and learn to enjoy your turkey, I like both the white and dark meat, so what does that make me? and besides, I find if you take all the meat off the bones and cook it that way, it comes out plenty fine, no need to inject anything. . . in fact, in my experience, wild turkey without anything added, is the best kind. :D

why all the hate towards turkeys lately, first PETA, and now this... people, just grow up and learn to enjoy your turkey, I like both the white and dark meat, so what does that make me?

HAM ???

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

My favorite part is the turkey pot pies you can have later lol.

my wife makes this wonderful turkey and cheese casserole dish with the leftovers, cruches up potato chips and almonds and stuff like that and mixes it altogether. . .

why all the hate towards turkeys lately, first PETA, and now this... people, just grow up and learn to enjoy your turkey, I like both the white and dark meat, so what does that make me? and besides, I find if you take all the meat off the bones and cook it that way, it comes out plenty fine, no need to inject anything. . . in fact, in my experience, wild turkey without anything added, is the best kind. :D

Pat as this is a family site are you sure you want to talk about wild turkey :o

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

The darker meat is a bit gamier and fattier to me. So I like white meat turkey lol.

Same here... never cared that much for dark meat on either chicken or turkey. But the white meat.... I LOVE IT! Bring it on, baby!

My daughter is the reverse.

An article could be written on that, I guess.

whats so unfamily about wild turkey? if your concerned about the fact that I "killed a turkey" and that its more "family friendly" to buy a turkey from the store, well that turkey at the store died to. In fact it probably had a name, like frank, or Susie. The difference is, I had to work for my turkey, I had to work to afford the hunt, work to afford the gun, and the ammo, and actually work to find the turkey and process it myself, which means im being a really good example to my family in how to work for our food. Instead of just doing it the easy way and walking into the store and buying a turkey someone else worked hard to raise, then sold to someone else who makes a living killing 100s of turkeys a day, which then sends it to someone who processes hundreds of turkeys a day, and finally to the store where the average american buys a turkey and feels good about himself because he didnt kill a turkey. Well, I suppose that method does provide jobs after all, Frank and Susie, may you rest in peace.

whats so unfamily about wild turkey? if your concerned about the fact that I "killed a turkey" and that its more "family friendly" to buy a turkey from the store, well that turkey at the store died to. In fact it probably had a name, like frank, or Susie. The difference is, I had to work for my turkey, I had to work to afford the hunt, work to afford the gun, and the ammo, and actually work to find the turkey and process it myself, which means im being a really good example to my family in how to work for our food. Instead of just doing it the easy way and walking into the store and buying a turkey someone else worked hard to raise, then sold to someone else who makes a living killing 100s of turkeys a day, which then sends it to someone who processes hundreds of turkeys a day, and finally to the store where the average american buys a turkey and feels good about himself because he didnt kill a turkey. Well, I suppose that method does provide jobs after all, Frank and Susie, may you rest in peace.

Oh Loved one ya missed me ... ya missed me :)

wildturkey.jpg

.... am a teaser Pat and a meat eater :thumbsup:

but my Father in Heaven has lead my not to drink

this stuff anymore :) ..... Oh! by the way I now enter the great halls of one turkey you missed ..... Love, Steven

LOL Ill share my turkey if you share yours :P