worshiper70

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  13

Well, this has been on my mind for quite some time, and maybe this is a big enough body of believers to gain some real biblical answers?

I know that God has called me to some things, but it often seems that is always something lacking. That something always calls itself "a helper" in my mind and spirit.

For a little background, I am divorced and living alone. I have a great church, where I am fed great Word and worship my Lord.

I knew at an early age, that God is all about relationship and always has been. We see that God created Eve for Adam. We see that Moses was given Arron. We the disciples were sent out in pairs. There are references about how two can stay warm better than one, and many other examples. Which now for the question: is it possible that I'm not getting very far in the things I am meant to do, because of not have a helper? Maybe even a mate? (here is the humbling part) or is it just an excuse not to do what I need to be doing? God has always given me great vision, but I have never been good at producing the end result. Obviously, there are the contents that make up the success of a vision. I just wonder if it is just not time for these things to come to pass yet? Is this a time of preparation only?

I know there is no one that can say, "this is the answer" I am just looking for some godly input and maybe some advice as well.

I hope my writings make enough sense to gain comments.

Blessings to you for your reading and participation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hi worshiper -

I believe you are correct about the importance and value of relationships.

As for where you are at now, though I would not say your reason for not going far is because you don't have helper. I would say it is because you aren't ready yet. What I mean is that like Moses or David or Joseph, some of us have to walk through years, even decades, of maturing before we are prepared to do the work the Lord has called us to. This is a frustration and struggle I've had to work through in my own life. In this light, the lack of a "helper" is not the reason for your lack of progression, but it is because you are still developing.

Think of it this way: it takes a couple weeks for God to grow a strawberry, several months to grow a pumpkin, two years to grow a carrot, a various number of years to grow a fruit tree from seed to first fruition, etc.

So my encouragement is to hold on to hope/faith that you are as a maturing tree that needs more seasons to be developed fully, a scholar working towards his doctorate who just has more coursework and training to do before receiving his diploma, a soldier who's potential won't be discovered until he's promoted to a higher rank, etc.

When the Lord's time is right, He will bring you the "helper" He has prepared for you. :)

Trust.

Thanks neb, I will take this to prayer, as with any reply. I know God has a plan, and i don't want to work my plan while waiting on His, I just want to do what I am supposed to be doing I suppose sums it up. Thanks again blessings

In

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

The

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

Mean Time

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Praying~!

Thanks brother, God bless

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  44

Well, this has been on my mind for quite some time, and maybe this is a big enough body of believers to gain some real biblical answers?

I know that God has called me to some things, but it often seems that is always something lacking. That something always calls itself "a helper" in my mind and spirit.

For a little background, I am divorced and living alone. I have a great church, where I am fed great Word and worship my Lord.

I knew at an early age, that God is all about relationship and always has been. We see that God created Eve for Adam. We see that Moses was given Arron. We the disciples were sent out in pairs. There are references about how two can stay warm better than one, and many other examples. Which now for the question: is it possible that I'm not getting very far in the things I am meant to do, because of not have a helper? Maybe even a mate? (here is the humbling part) or is it just an excuse not to do what I need to be doing? God has always given me great vision, but I have never been good at producing the end result. Obviously, there are the contents that make up the success of a vision. I just wonder if it is just not time for these things to come to pass yet? Is this a time of preparation only?

I know there is no one that can say, "this is the answer" I am just looking for some godly input and maybe some advice as well.

Worshiper70,

What has God called you to do? What is the vision He has cast for you life?

I agree with nebula perhaps God is allowing you to grow and mature?

Paul gave some advice concerning the unmarried…

1 Cor. 7:8-9

8 But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; 9 but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Perhaps there is something God wants to use you for now in your singleness? Less distractions…

1 Cor. 7:32-35

32 But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord. 33 But he who is married cares about the things of the world—how he may please his wife. 34 There is[a] a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world—how she may please her husband. 35 And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction.

God’s Word says it best… I’ll just do the FresnoJoe thing now…

Dear Brother The Command Is This…

Deut. 6:5

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

And… Seek God you will find Him.

Jer. 29:13

And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Remember regarding your steps and delighting in Him…

Psalm 37:23

The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way;

Regarding Plans…

Prov. 16:1-2

The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit.

Trust God… Lean on Him for understanding… He’ll direct your paths…

Prov. 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Regarding wisdom… Ask God who is generous…

James 1:2

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

Wisdom is also…

James 3:17

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

Regarding God’s Will…

Eph. 5:15-21

15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, 19 addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, 20 giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Regarding God's will and our time…

Phil. 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

And Be Blessed.

Praying as well.

Some of the best advice from my Dad regarding the similar circumstances I was in as a single man was the following: Seek the Lord. Put Him first. Become a man through the renewing of your mind in Christ Jesus {let the Holy Spirit do His will and work} who is worthy of having a godly wife. Start serving Him outside of your comfort zone. Perhaps when you do so you will find someone who is like minded running the race to the Cross. If you do find someone on the same path pay attention. ;)

Bottom Line: Are you seeking God with all your heart? How are you serving God?

God bless,

GE

Guest shiloh357

Hi, worshipper. One thing I have learned is that a call to any kind of work or ministry for the Lord is also a call to prepare. David was anointed to be king by God through Samuel, but it was years and years before David realized the fruition of that anointing. Paul did not enter into the crux of his ministry for decades after he encountered the Lord on the road to Damascus.

I think you may be in a season of preparation and the Lord is going to use this time to shape you and make to fit to fulfill His plan for your life. Enjoy the preparation time and just seek the Lord and let Him guide you. He will send you people who will help you in this season of preparation. And if he sends you mate to come alongside, all the better, and that's the icing on the cake, lol.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Hi worshiper -

I believe you are correct about the importance and value of relationships.

As for where you are at now, though I would not say your reason for not going far is because you don't have helper. I would say it is because you aren't ready yet. What I mean is that like Moses or David or Joseph, some of us have to walk through years, even decades, of maturing before we are prepared to do the work the Lord has called us to. This is a frustration and struggle I've had to work through in my own life. In this light, the lack of a "helper" is not the reason for your lack of progression, but it is because you are still developing.

Think of it this way: it takes a couple weeks for God to grow a strawberry, several months to grow a pumpkin, two years to grow a carrot, a various number of years to grow a fruit tree from seed to first fruition, etc.

So my encouragement is to hold on to hope/faith that you are as a maturing tree that needs more seasons to be developed fully, a scholar working towards his doctorate who just has more coursework and training to do before receiving his diploma, a soldier who's potential won't be discovered until he's promoted to a higher rank, etc.

When the Lord's time is right, He will bring you the "helper" He has prepared for you. :)

Trust.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Hi, worshipper. One thing I have learned is that a call to any kind of work or ministry for the Lord is also a call to prepare. David was anointed to be king by God through Samuel, but it was years and years before David realized the fruition of that anointing. Paul did not enter into the crux of his ministry for decades after he encountered the Lord on the road to Damascus.

I think you may be in a season of preparation and the Lord is going to use this time to shape you and make to fit to fulfill His plan for your life. Enjoy the preparation time and just seek the Lord and let Him guide you. He will send you people who will help you in this season of preparation. And if he sends you mate to come alongside, all the better, and that's the icing on the cake, lol.

if move to some position without full preparation and mature enough,that's will be the disaster

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I am also one who is 'alone' at the moment. But I find that ministry work employed seldom leaves one 'alone' in the work. My wife abandoned her position as my help meet due to her falling away from God and hardening her heart. I did not stop preforming ministry work but continued to go out and seek to save the lost while I trust God to work with my wife in his way since she cannot 'hear' my voice any longer. God almost immediately added helpers unto me through my quest to seek and save the lost and feed his sheep that I come acrossed. I have several people that I stay in contact with nearly everyday of the week. I continually seek to edify the body so that God is glorified and my purpose given to me by him be realized regardless of my 'mate' status. In the mean time I practice keeping my heart soft toward my wife through intercessory prayer for her throughout the day, praying for her needs to be fulfilled in Christ and her relationship with him to bloom.

I pray the Lord will reveal his plan for your work in the ministry of others.

In Jesus Name,

Gary