• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

"Let them alone; they are blind guides of the blind. And if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit." Matthew 15:14

Guest shiloh357

Hate to throw cold water on this discussion, but . . .

Does "getting high" glorify God in any way, shape or form? No one has addressed that question, yet.

Blessings!

-Ed

I don't that is an issue that is in any dispute here. No one is suggesting such a thing. The issue seems to be whether or not getting high is as impairing as getting drunk. I mean, it is bad enough we have to watch for drunk drivers, but now we potentially have to watch for "high" drivers as well.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Does "getting high" glorify God in any way, shape or form? No one has addressed that question, yet.

Blessings!

-Ed

I don't that is an issue that is in any dispute here. No one is suggesting such a thing. The issue seems to be whether or not getting high is as impairing as getting drunk. I mean, it is bad enough we have to watch for drunk drivers, but now we potentially have to watch for "high" drivers as well.

No one is NOT suggesting it, either. Unless I missed where they were.

I'm not so naive that I think some Christians don't drink alcohol to excess, or smoke pot, or engage in other activities that don't necessarily glorify God.

But I would LIKE to think that - as we mature in our Christian walk - that the perceived "need" some of us feel to engage in those mind-numbing activities would fade away.

But maybe that's just me.

Carry on.

By the way, when you quoted me, you left out this:

Man's laws are what they are - always subject to change. We can choose to obey them, break them, or answer to a "Higher Power."

So - The State can end up "legalizing" anything it wants to. Doesn't mean I have to engage in it.

Blessings!

-Ed

EDIT: I forgot to address the point you made. I do not believe legalizing pot will make much of a difference in the number of impaired drivers coming our way.

If we really knew the number as it stands now, we'd be too terrified to drive.

Edited by SavedByGrace1981

Guest shiloh357

No one is NOT suggesting it, either. Unless I missed where they were.

So because we didn't bring it up, there is an implication that we approve of it?

I'm not so naive that I think some Christians don't drink alcohol to excess, or smoke pot, or engage in other activities that don't necessarily glorify God.

Yes, I agree, but that is not issue here.

By the way, when you quoted me, you left out this:

Man's laws are what they are - always subject to change. We can choose to obey them, break them, or answer to a "Higher Power."

Yes because I was only responding to the part that was relevant to the point I was making.

So - The State can end up "legalizing" anything it wants to. Doesn't mean I have to engage in it.

Again, there is no need to address an issue that none of us brought up. No one here was saying or even implying that such behavior is appropriate for believers. Need to refute an argument no one is raising.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

We're off on a rabbit trail here, so let me address your post (Shiloh) by reposting my original comment on this:

Just sayin'

At that point, we were 35 posts into the thread. I'll plead "guilty" to being perhaps a little surprised that it had the tone that it did.

Hence, my question as to whether or not "getting high" glorified God. I thought, this being a Christian oriented board and all, that might be a legitimate area of discussion.

I hope that clears things up.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

WN : posted this topic.

This is a man made law that went into effect....for those who smoke marijuana, the legalization of marijuana.

We are discussing the effects of marijuana on the brain and the mobility of the body.

Especially those who get on the highway and get behind the wheel of a vehicle under the influence of such a drug.

Before I was saved many years ago.

I tried marijuna with my ex.

This is what it did to me as a woman...my experience .

When we were in the car going to the theather ... it seemed the car and things around me was moving in slow-motion.

Seemed it took forever to get to the theather. It seemed I was talking so slow and forget what I wanted to say and then giggling.

Then the next time I smoked pot ... I started to hallucinate...I thought someone was after to kill me.

When It wore off of me.. I said , I would never touch it again.

And I didn't . A good thing I was not behind the wheel of a car driving.

Marijuana numbs the brain. Puts you in a different state of mind of slowness and forgetfulness.

Marijuana can be dangerous , especially driving a vehicle ...to the person and others...traveling on the highway.

Drivers beware of those under the influence of Marijuana. It has a worst effect on the brain , than alcohol.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1969

Denny's Stock Will Go Up~!

:24: :24: :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I am not really for pot being legalized, but I have not really heard a good argument not to do so. If it is possible to be neutral on such a topic that is me, I would not vote for it but I would not fight against it either.

There are those that would be more than happy to take away my right to have a nice cold beer with my dinner or while reading at night. Are they any different than those fighting against pot?

I think the difference is that you can drink without getting drunk. People drink in moderation and never get drunk all of the time. Wine with dinner, and so on.

But people don't smoke pot for nothing to happen. No one engages in it just to have a smoke in the evening. They are smoking to get the high. There is no point to it if you don't get the mind altering effects. My question is how those mind altering effects impair judgeement and reaction time on the road.

www.nor

this shouldn't be made into an argument about driving when high, because the law still say even though you can smoke it you still can't be driving under the influence. it will be treated the same way that alcohol is. I'm a medical user myself and i can say from personal experience that alcohol is worse for the body than marijuana if you want more information check this out www.norml.org

this plant has many medical uses and you can't say that about alcohol.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1969

I agree that alcohol is worse for the body than marijuana, but I find it interesting how often that non sequitur arguement is used to defend pot. Why does it matter that marijuana is "better" than some other drug, when both are drugs and both are harmful to the body?

Guest shiloh357

I am not really for pot being legalized, but I have not really heard a good argument not to do so. If it is possible to be neutral on such a topic that is me, I would not vote for it but I would not fight against it either.

There are those that would be more than happy to take away my right to have a nice cold beer with my dinner or while reading at night. Are they any different than those fighting against pot?

I think the difference is that you can drink without getting drunk. People drink in moderation and never get drunk all of the time. Wine with dinner, and so on.

But people don't smoke pot for nothing to happen. No one engages in it just to have a smoke in the evening. They are smoking to get the high. There is no point to it if you don't get the mind altering effects. My question is how those mind altering effects impair judgeement and reaction time on the road.

www.nor

this shouldn't be made into an argument about driving when high, because the law still say even though you can smoke it you still can't be driving under the influence. it will be treated the same way that alcohol is. I'm a medical user myself and i can say from personal experience that alcohol is worse for the body than marijuana if you want more information check this out www.norml.org

this plant has many medical uses and you can't say that about alcohol.

All of that misses the point. The point is that the effect of driving impaired is the same when drunk or high. They both slow your reaction time. If you are driving down a street and someone crosses the street and you just keep going because it takes longer for the message to slow down is received, you end up killing someone. That's the point. It's not an argument about which is healthier or better for you. Both impair judgement and no one smokes recreational MJ not to get high. People with impaired judgment think they are just fine and drive home alright. They end up killing themselves or someone else. What we don't need is one driving drunk and some other guy driving high and innocent people now having to dodge both.