IGNORED

WN: Pot smokers celebrate in streets as Wash. State legalizes marijua

WorthyNewsBot

Guest shiloh357

In what way does MJ impair your driving ability, reaction time, etc. compared to alcohol?

Well, let me say that I have never driven drunk. Was too scared, because I knew my vision was totally different,and my functions were not great. When I used to smoke I would drive. My reactions and driving ability were not hindered the slightest. That is my experience though.

Yeah, but when you are under the influence you don't know how impaired you are. Its the people who look at you that can tell you are high or drunk. So you may have not gotten caught, but that doesn't mean your reactions were not impaired. Some people do manage to beat the odds...

I think that is a pretty subjective arguement. I know exactly how impaired I was when I smoked or drank. Also, people didn't know if I was high or drunk, been there done that, and in some really sticky situations. Its not about beating the odds, but knowing the limits. Smoking also has limits.

I have seen guys who were falling down drunk yet swear they are just a little buzzed. Impaired judgment means just that. You think everything is fine, but because your judgment is impaired, you are unable to distinguish when you have crossed the limit. Drunks think they are walking straight and talking without slurring. They don't realize how bad they really are.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

The Denny's in my town is the local hangout for skin heads, pot smokers, gang bangers and some other pretty rough folks like bikers and such. I thought it was just a local thing. Is this true of other Denny's as well?

our Denny's is the hang out of the AARP crowd.

Same here in the Portland area doing the days and early evening, the kids drop in after last call, about 2:00 AM....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

What effects. You mean the reefer madness propaganda. Like I said, been there done that, I'm talking from experience, not from what I have heard or assume.

Most of the things I talk about were learned, by either joining in with the party, or watching the result of an event.

Like, the kid in my bunker, smoking pot, relaxing between his time to pull guard duty. High as a kite, no other chemicals were in this pot, pure grown, stuff.. Yeah, it was really, really good. Yeah, I watched him jump up and try to catch some of those "green fireflies" that were flying over us, as HE Stated.

I was covered with parts of his brains and blood after catching two of them "green fireflies"... AK47 tracer rounds "glow green" in the dark.

I also watched a friend of mine while driving high on just pot, he looked at me and said, hey watch me scare the "crap" out of those two motorcycles coming at us, I'm, going right between them. Those two bright lights were on a 2 1/2 ton truck,...we ended up in the ditch after I pulled the steering wheel to get us back to our side of the road.

Yeah, we all have our stories, in Life and some of Death.... I have many, many, more....one even has a two star general being removed from his post....and truck loads of Pot...and a fire base that was over run....

I think that it is a very, very, bad idea to clear the path for legal use of Pot, besides for just treatment of medical problems.

That is my opinion, U' all are welcome to yours.......Dennis

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Like I said in a topic like this before. Not everyone drinks alcohol to get intoxicated, but everyone smoking marijuana, does do it to get intoxicated.

B-T-W, what is the legal pot smoking age in Washington State now? 18 or 21? I guess that could open up a whole other argument.

I also said, people can have an ounce of alcohol and not be intoxicated, but someone that smokes an ounce of marijuana will be.

Potency is the reason marijuana should be illegal.

Guest shiloh357

I have seen guys who were falling down drunk yet swear they are just a little buzzed. Impaired judgment means just that. You think everything is fine, but because your judgment is impaired, you are unable to distinguish when you have crossed the limit. Drunks think they are walking straight and talking without slurring. They don't realize how bad they really are.

Notice your argument, is concerning drinking and not smoking. But all in all no need to go on, I'm just stating my experience.

I used drinking to make the point about impaired judgment. Impaired judgment is the same regardless of the medium used to impair it. People who are drunk or people who get high from MJ are impaired. By virtue of being impaired, they don't realize that they are making little to no sense, that their speech is slurred and that their reaction time to what is going on around them is too slow.

When judgment is impaired you think you are normal. You are weaving from one side of the road to the other, but to you it seems you are driving straight. It would not matter what the impairment came from.

The point is that your experience is not typical. Most people smoke pot to get high. They smoke it for the mind altering effects it has. The last thing we need is a pot smoker behind the wheel while high on pot.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

We are constantly briefed on DWI's in the military. The Air Force has a zero tolerance policy for that now. One of the things we are taught is that the very first thing affected by alcohol is judgment. Then comes all the other physical impairments, equilibrium, vision, motor functions, etc.

Guest Editor1

Denny's was about the only place in town to get something decent to eat when I got off work. Never paid much attention to the pot smokers, skiheads or whoever. And they never harassed me, either.

Denny's was about the only place in town to get something decent to eat when I got off work. Never paid much attention to the pot smokers, ski heads or whoever. And they never harassed me, either.

Amen~!

I Used To Work Swing Shift And Denny's At 3:00 AM Was My Favorite Place To Eat.

In New Mexico As A Kid And In The Navy As A Sailor Those Pre-Dawn (Quite) Hours Were Always The Best Time To Stand And Drink In The Scents And The Soft Sounds I Could Not Track In The Busy Hours. Early In The Morning Even Cities Like San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago And Charleston, SC Are Places Of Peace.

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalms 46:10

As For Cannabis, Why Would A Healthy Child Of God Ever Desire To Put His Trust In Pharmaceuticals?

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

Daily I Take A Boat Load Of Drugs For My Heart And Diabetes And Such.

And I Will Be Delighted To Give Them All Up (Coffee To) When Jesus Calls Me Home.

I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.

I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him. Isaiah 57:18-21

Yet I Still Tell My Belove Carol, "Don't Sit Under The Apirin Tree With Anyone Else But Me". :)

And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine. Ezekiel 47:12

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Hate to throw cold water on this discussion, but . . .

Does "getting high" glorify God in any way, shape or form? No one has addressed that question, yet.

Man's laws are what they are - always subject to change. We can choose to obey them, break them, or answer to a "Higher Power."

Just sayin'

Blessings!

-Ed