HawkBlue27

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

we must have the Lord in our whole life its like the old hymn says if Jesus came to your house

what would you hide and would you watch the same t v programs or turn them off until

He left what about music and magizines ..,how would you react with people around you

it is indeed food for thought

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Are there feelings/emotions associated with the new birth and subsequent new life that is lived afterword? I believe that there is but the degree of change and the impact of that change is going to be dependent upon the individual. I am one of the least of His. I came from the depths of depravity and wallowing in the lowest morality, the opposite of love. For me, the change was a complete makeover of my person inside out that included the removal of much negative emotional baggage stored up over ages. The filling of the Spirit is still a major factor in my emotional state everyday. The fruit of the Spirit in and of itself contains much about emotion, including long suffering, which speaks about the ability to have extended periods of suffering without retaliation. Paul spoke of it and said we joy in tribulation. I have experienced this.

I think the biggest factor missing in most gospel presentations is that we are the ministers of God ministering the Spirit of God unto others. People receive the 'gospel' about the death, burial and resurrection of Christ without much fanfare about the actual Spirit of the Living God coming to dwell in you and give you power to do much of which was not possible for you before. I pray for a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit every single morning. I pray for the quickening of my mortal flesh, that I might mortify my members upon the earth. What I experience most times is the sensation that I have just had a few glasses of wine. I have a new energy about me and I walk out of my home with a smile on my face, a song in my heart, ready to face the challenges of living in a fallen world once again. I am fairly happy all day everyday outside of some brief periods where I have to work through some things and process the pain that comes from daily life in a fallen world. I will never forget that he is called the Comforter for a reason. And we need the most comfort as it pertains to our emotional state of being. We were not given a spirit of fear, but of power and of love, and a sound mind.

All of that said, I would like to mention that devils seek to fill our hearts full of garbage and much of it will be emotionally charged such as jealousy, envy, emulation, greed and lust. All that which they will push to make us feel guilty if a thought comes to mind concerning these things. This is where the Spirit of God and the full armor of God must be employed. Remember it is not I but sin that does these things and it is my responsibility to have dominion over sin via the Holy Spirit. I know that I am 'offered' to feel unsaved everyday and I used to fall into the temptation to entertain such vile thoughts until I learned more about the filling of the Holy Spirit, the problem of indwelling sin and the access that devils have to our minds through our hearts if we give them place. All we need do is continuously call upon the name of the Lord and trust that he can do what he says he can do.

Well like I said, I can feel peace when I think about the blood atonement of Christ, or here a sermon about it. I get the sense that my sin was put on Christ and I don't need to worry about that. Like this one preached by an old time preacher:

[media=]

I have made it a goal of mine to be re-reading Romans or Galatians to get a fuller understanding of the gospel and assurance of my salvation. Last night I told Jesus I was placing all my hopes on his blood, and asked him to deliver me from the confusion I have been in. I trust he will.

Your on the right track. Continue to pray for the knowledge of his will for you and the power to carry it out. He will continue to bring you to a place of clarity and understanding of himself. This whole journey is about knowing the only true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent. The OT give us a wonderfully frightful picture of the only true God in the form of God judging his people while the NT gives us a wonderfully beautiful picture of God in the form of man that we might follow him and have peace with God through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who promised that he will not refuse any who come to him. He is the judge but also our advocate. He knows the heart of every man and knows whether or not we are earnestly seeking to serve him as Lord. As long as we understand that we are weak through the flesh but able to be empowered through the Spirit to have victory over the flesh, our lives begin to improve as we call upon him to fill us and lead us by his Holy Spirit. Those that are led of the Spirit are the sons of God.