IGNORED

Coming soon to an elementary school near you....

Work in Progress

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

THAT'S IT!!!! I WANT MY SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!!!!!!!

I'm sending my kids to school with a Bible tomorrow morning.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

There is a state funded university in south Florida that has made "Fundamentals of Buddism" one of their mandatory humanities classes that all undergraduate students must take. It is "possible" to take another class in it's place, but it seems that the way classes are scheduled and cancelled, this one class is usually the only one that is offered. It really does not suprise me that the muslim religion is going to be taught in elementary school as an excuse to learn about other cultures and religions. Given time, satanism will be taught in school. :wub:

Guest ChildoftheLord

I just can't beleive it, first some guy tries to take the "under God" out of the pledge, now this? You best beleive that if something like this happens in my children's schools, I'll be pullin them out and homeschooling if I gotta!!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Sad as this is, maybe- just maybe- this can become a way to allow Christ back in to the classroom.  By law, if they allow one religious group in they must be fair and give all a voice.  Otherwise they, according to their interpretation of the Constitution, are giving government endorsement to one religion over another.  Any Chrisians from Herndon, Virginia's school district here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is why it's best to make religion classes an elective and not mandatory. By law if they make this mandatory, then they must also do the same with every other recognized religion. If I had my bar degree at this moment (I can't wait to earn it) I'd try and locate a child there to represent and go against the school on this. It's a blatant violation of church and state and the 1st Amendment for that matter. If this class were simply an elective, it would be okay...however making it mandatory violates the US Constitution.