• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

This topic of QJV reminded me today of this passage:

Rom. 1:18-23

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisibleattributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Suppression of truth leads to bitterness and idolatry. Bitterness comes from refusing to see God's hand at work in your difficult situations. Refusing to thank God for the good He is bringing out of the situation, leads to bitterness.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,311
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This topic of QJV reminded me today of this passage:

Rom. 1:18-23

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisibleattributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Suppression of truth leads to bitterness and idolatry. Bitterness comes from refusing to see God's hand at work in your difficult situations. Refusing to thank God for the good He is bringing out of the situation, leads to bitterness.

God bless,

GE

:amen:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1969

Just for the record: "Gay Christian" is an oxymoron. There are no gay Christians. They may have "religion," but they do not have Christ.

Oh, I'm treading on thin water...but I'm going to have to disagree.

I think this particular sin is so abhorrent to most of us, that we really believe we are better than "those sinners" because we aren't tempted in that way, but we need to confess that all of us are STILL sinners saved by grace. Our sin just doesnt' look as ugly to us as their sin does.

There are certainly people who were gay and made a decision to follow Christ and yet still struggle with their old lifestyle....just as there are people who were ex-druggies or ex-alcoholics or ex-(fill in blank with any sinful behavior) that still struggle with their identity.

If they are justifying sin, (which is the entire purpose of this "bible") then there is no hope for them. But if an individual confesses sin to be sin, and still struggles to overcome over a time, who are we to say that they aren't genuinely as christian as the Pastor who has committed adultery and later repented? The wife who gossips? Or the envious? The glutton? No, their sin might be worse in our sight....but we aren't saved by "our" works anyway.

From heaven's lofty view on high, it seems that none of us look any taller than another....so let's not heap condemnation on "gay" christians so quickly. That only keeps them away from having fellowship with the very people they need most. Us, the Body.

Yes, yes, I know the homosexual will not inherit the Kingdom...just like the fornicators, the adulterers, and the thieves so many of us are apart from the empowering grace of God.

The examples in the bible show that God obviously deals more harshly with some sins than others. There were only a few sins in the O.T. that required the punishment of immediate death for the perpetrator, so I don't agree with your "we're all sinners, and a sin is a sin" mentality. I have heard that response a lot regarding the issue of homosexuality.

But to not make any differentiation between sins is to muddy the waters, IMO, which is what the homos are always trying to do. Our civil laws have life in jail for murderers, but not for petty theft, the bible's the same way when it comes to sin. I hope I've made my point on that, not meaning to overdo it.

The key point is the issue of repentance, which no true Christian would be without. So any homo that is continuing his lifestyle is unrepentant and not serving Jesus, only himself. When he identifies himself as a homosexual, he is identifying himself as a sinner, one that is unrepentant, and unashamed of his sin. He can call himself Christian, but he is merely defining himself - by necessity and convenience - by his own code of morality, not God's.

As an example, Ray Boltz, the well-known Christian composer who in the 1980's had a string of hit albums, has for a while now been "out" as a homosexual, and has joined a gay-friendly church and involved himself in gay activism groups. Here's a quote from him :

"Right now, I am part of a group called “Soul Force” that aims to help LGBT kids trump the fundamentally anti-gay policies at Christian-affiliated schools".

So, spiritually-speaking, unlike Saul becoming Paul, it looks like Boltz has turned from Paul into Saul!

Anyway, Boltz is my example of an unrepentant (homo) sinner, and shiloh357's comments aptly pertain to him. There are no gay Christians, and I am not judging him (the bible does that) when I say he is not a Christian, gay or otherwise. Boltz - and all homos like him - want to have their cake and eat it too.

Also, we are not helpless to overcome sins, nor slaves to them, unless we want to be. IE, we love our sins enough to keep doing them. I'm specifically thinking of Golden Eagles's example about Romans 1:18-23.

When we submit to God He makes all things new and His death on the cross set us free from the law of sin and death and the flesh no longer has dominion over us. So no one has the right to act like they can't change, by saying, as in the case of gays, "it's the way I am", or whatever.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Wow,.... So some Gay people some where didn't like what the Bible said in it, so they wrote their own book...Sounds like a lot of other religions out there, like the JW, Mormons, ect.ect.

When is comes to informing people that what they are doing may be a sin, don't most disagree with the news? Homophobic, nice word...it was created as a weapon, to be used against the person speaking the Word of God. It was created to self justify, the person's choice to remain in a state of sin, a slave to sin, for they desire the things of the flesh, not the Words of God.

As far as those reborn in Christ, they are set free from the bondage of sin, the old as gone and the New has come.

I have many desires, which are sinful in nature, the one that bugs me the most is the desire to reach out and

32-Copy.gif some people for making the choices they make in life.

"My sins were the nails that held Christ to the Cross"

2Co 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

ICL~~~Dennis

Homophobic, nice word...it was created as a weapon, to be used against the person speaking the Word of God.

It was created to self justify, the person's choice to remain in a state of sin, a slave to sin, for they desire the things of the flesh, not the Words of God.

As far as those reborn in Christ, they are set free from the bondage of sin, the old as gone and the New has come.

I have many desires, which are sinful in nature, the one that bugs me the most is the desire to reach out and

32-Copy.gif some people for making the choices they make in life.

"My sins were the nails that held Christ to the Cross"

2Co 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

ICL~~~Dennis

You mentioned the word homophobic. That would mean a fear of homosexuals, and I don't know anyone who is scared of them. Some of us just believe what scripture says about the lifestyle being sinful. There is also this matter of saying people scared of homosexuals are misinterpreting scripture, and that clearly is not true. They are deliberately changing scripture to make their lifestyle seem ok? I can't understand why? Obviously, that won't help them at the judgement, but I guess they are more concerned with acceptance today?

Hmmm... I'm lost isn't that what I said...? I know what {they} say it means...but:>>>>>and then there is the rest of us sinners trying to do the same things for different sins....that pleases us...the flesh of man.

I wasn't arguing with you, but just adding my own thoughts to what you said. Sorry if you took it like I was arguing.

I didn't really think you were arguing, there is a lack of information in the written word at times. When we have a face to face conversation, there are clues that often answer unspoken checks about that is meant, with little body movements, or instant feedback, that is missing in the written word. As I type this it seem perfectly clear to me what I mean, but, is what I type really telling the reader what I really mean?