IGNORED

Why do you believe the Bible is the Word of God?

Hansc

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Hans, do you believe the Bible is the inspired, living, breathing Word of God?

Who is Jesus in your life? Have you surrendered your life to Him?

Fez, maybe I'm wrong, but you seem to approach me with the assumptive that I'm maybe not a Christian.

Why would you do that?

Why would you take such an initial stance in an opening dialogue?

It could very well be that through all your questions, you personally have never stated your stance of who you believe Jesus is or if you believe the bible. Perhaps it is time for your own confession of faith.

Who do you believe Jesus is?

Do you believe the bible is the word of God?

1 Peter 3:14-16

But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.

Guest shiloh357

Because The Holy Ghost Speaks

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:15-17

Deep Into My Heart

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Come Child, Come

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

How does this not default into simply saying that I believe the Bible is the Word of God because the Bible says it is the Word of God?

Well, asking us why we believe the Bible is the Word of God is a faith question and we do take God at His Word. We believe the claims that the Bible makes for itself are true. So yes, it can be said on that basis, that we believe it is the Word of God because we believe its claims to be true.

However, if you are wanting a more apologetic discussion about the Bible's reliability and the evidence for that, that is a different question.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Fez, maybe I'm wrong, but you seem to approach me with the assumptive that I'm maybe not a Christian.

Why would you do that?

Ok lets try this.

The Lord Jesus Christ is my Savior and King and I worship at His feet. Without Him I am nothing, I am dead.

Your turn......

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Why would you do that?

It could very well be that through all your questions, you personally have never stated your stance of who you believe Jesus is or if you believe the bible. Perhaps it is time for your own confession of faith.

But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.

Fair enough.

For the Bible, I frequently say that it is the inerrant Word of God.

For who Jesus is, what I say depends on who and in what context they are asking. There are a lot of right answers. One I commonly use and like is that "He is the Uncreated Creator." I think that covers a lot of bases and presents a clear statement of how the Scriptures present Him.

Why would you do that?

Fair enough.

For the Bible, I frequently say that it is the inerrant Word of God.

For who Jesus is, what I say depends on who and in what context they are asking. There are a lot of right answers. One I commonly use and like is that "He is the Uncreated Creator." I think that covers a lot of bases and presents a clear statement of how the Scriptures present Him.

For a teacher, you must know that is a very vague answer. Perhaps if I tighten the question a little more, you will answer it more specifically?

Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior?

One Light

]For a teacher, you must know that is a very vague answer. Perhaps if I tighten the question a little more, you will answer it more specifically?

​I told you that I believe:

1. the Bible is the inerrant Word of God,

2. Jesus is the Uncreated Creator.

You think those are unclear statements?

Have you ever meet anybody who held to those beliefs that was not a Christian? Maybe there are some out there but I haven't meet them.

Anyway, in case you are still unclear.

Yes, I have received Christ as Lord via a confession of faith.

Hopefully, that clears up any lingering doubts you may have had.

One Light

]For a teacher, you must know that is a very vague answer. Perhaps if I tighten the question a little more, you will answer it more specifically?

​I told you that I believe:

Have you ever meet anybody who held to those beliefs that was not a Christian? Maybe there are some out there but I haven't meet them.

Anyway, in case you are still unclear.

Yes, I have received Christ as Lord via a confession of faith.

Hopefully, that clears up any lingering doubts you may have had.

Yes, it does remove doubts. Also, yes, there are those who do make such statements that have not accepted Jesus as their Savior. Even the demons believed and trembled.

You have been here only a few days. There is no way for you to know that we have many who come here, that are not Christians, that just ask a lot of questions, then start misleading people with false teachings. That is why when someone does not claim to be of Christ, we ask, especially those who do nothing else but ask question and correct/approve answers.

So that there is no confusion in the future, only those in ministry are allowed to teach. We encourage everyone to discuss.

Guest shiloh357
I told you that I believe:

Have you ever meet anybody who held to those beliefs that was not a Christian?

Tons of them. There are many people who assent to the truth of Scripture but never recieve that truth.

What we have found is there are people who say a lot of "religious" things on this board and they try to talk the Christian lingo, but cannot delcare that Jesus is their Lord and their God. They obfuscate and try to evade the question or give vague answers and yours have been rather vague.

Often when we encount an authentic follower of Jesus, and we ask them who Jesus is, they immediately declare Him as Lord and Savior of their lives. You, on the other hand have not done that, and that is why you are questioned.

Shiloh

Tons of them. There are many people who assent to the truth of Scripture but never receive that truth.

Okay, I'll accept what you're saying at face value. How would you know online if someone has merely assented to the truth but not actually received the truth?

What we have found is there are people who say a lot of "religious" things on this board and they try to talk the Christian lingo, but cannot declare that Jesus is their Lord and their God.

Okay, then I can understand your concern.

They obfuscate and try to evade the question or give vague answers

and yours have been rather vague.

When asked what I believe about the Bible, I said:

When asked who I believe Jesus is, I said:

I don't think those are vague statements. I think they are pretty clear and leave little if any wiggle room.

Often when we encount an authentic follower of Jesus, and we ask them who Jesus is, they immediately declare Him as Lord and Savior of their lives.

​I understand, but if they say something like Jesus is God, or the Lamb of God, or Lion of Judah, do you put them on your suspicious person list?

You, on the other hand have not done that, and that is why you are questioned.

Now that I have done that, are things cleared up?

Edited by Hansc

Guest shiloh357

Okay, I'll accept what you're saying at face value. How would you know online if someone has merely assented to the truth but not actually received the truth?

They are usually pretty honest about it. They believe in God and they can usually accept that Jesus is God's Son and that God created the world and most of what we say about God, they will assent to, but they like how they live and don't see a need to become a Christian. They are not philosphically opposed to Christianity, per se, but they are not willing to give their lives over to God. Their love for their sin usually outweighs any desire to live for Christ.

I don't think those are vague statements. I think they are pretty clear and leave little if any wiggle room.

Is it too hard to simply say Jesus is my Lord and Savior?

I understand, but if they say something like Jesus is God, or the Lamb of God, or Lion of Judah, do you put them on your suspicious person list?

If they refuse to call Jesus their Lord and Savior, yes. The demons can say Jesus is God or the Lamb of God or Lion of Judah. Those are objective facts that not even they dispute. But if a person refuses for whatever reason to say, "Jesus is my Savior and Lord" if they cannot over any length of time make confess that reality, then yes, there is something fishy about that.