IGNORED

Why do you believe the Bible is the Word of God?

Hansc

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Why do I believe the bible is the Word of God?

Because God led me to believe that it is.

In part I trust the bible to be from God because it delivers stories in full light even with negative insights into righteous people. I think if men wrote the scriptures by their own devices they would have omitted much of their own shortcomings :D Also the Bible delivers many prophecies fulfilled and a type of life to live that is ideal as represented by God Himself in Jesus Christ.

I agree with Gdemoss that God convinces me the bible is His Word. :D

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Brother Mike.

Only one answer to who Jesus should be to any person who is born again.

Mike, you are much too quick to pass judgment,. The question in the OP is why people believe the Bible is the Word of God. I often have to answer this for lost people and was curious as to how others answer that question. It was really that simple. Maybe you have had bad experience with trolls, but I was pretty open and honest.

Hansc could not say that

Mike if you look back and read over it again, I clearly upon asking said that I have received Christ as Lord.

However, you claim I didn't say that.

To even dodge around that makes one sad,

Who dodged, I answered pretty clearly. What I said was:

1. The Bible is the inerrant Word of God.

2. Jesus is the Uncreated Creator

3. I have received Christ as Lord via a confession of Faith.

Yet to you that makes me an unbeliever?

for he is not saved, nor does he know the Lord.

You are not my judge, Christ is my Lord and Judge. He has not given you the right to judge other Christians in this manner.

To be real honest, your accusations against me are false and not from God. That is the truth, and God will bear me witness to that.

Edited by Hansc

I think that everybody who believes the Bible is the inerrant Word of God has been lead to that belief by the Spirit of God.

One of the reasons I asked this was that I teach school in a very secular and very liberal environment and it is uncommon to find other teachers and students who believe the Bible is the Word of God as I do. I have meet some but they are few and far between. Mostly, I end up fielding questions about why I believe the Bible is God's Word. I also just as frequently am asked why I believe that Jesus is the only means of salvation.

Because I am asked this a lot, I was curious as to how other Christians answer these same questions. I also asked because I have found that many Christians don't actually know why they believe the Bible is the Word of God. I think that sometimes praying about it and thinking it over can help a Christian to a better understanding of why the Bible is the Word of God and thereby lead to a more solid foundation of faith.

In part I trust the bible to be from God because it delivers stories in full light even with negative insights into righteous people. I think if men wrote the scriptures by their own devices they would have omitted much of their own shortcomings :D Also the Bible delivers many prophecies fulfilled and a type of life to live that is ideal as represented by God Himself in Jesus Christ.

I agree with Gdemoss that God convinces me the bible is His Word. :D

Thank you Ninhao, I think you are right about that lack of omitting shortcomings.

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. Proverbs 25:11

~

You are not my judge, Christ is my Lord and Judge. He has not given you the right to judge other Christians in this manner.

To be real honest, your accusations against me are false and not from God. That is the truth, and God will bear me witness to that.

The Problem Dear One Is Your Lackadaisical Lack Of Witness For Jesus

Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.Mark 8:38

And An Apparent Desire To Set Up A Fight

To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. Titus 3:2

With The Beloved

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalms 133:1

So

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. Luke 6:45

Oath Or No

But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation. James 5:12

Please Forgive Me

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2 Timothy 2:24

And Open Your Clenched Fist

Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes. 1 John 2:8-11

Or Not

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Brother Mike

I did not judge

Yes, you did exactly that, you were very quick to cast stones.

I got baptized in Christ as a baby

Have you gotten baptized again as an adult? Have you made an open declaration of faith via baptism as an adult? If you haven't yet gotten baptized as an adult, you should do so.

The answer was Jesus,. . . The answer was not Christ.

You think that it is wrong to say Christ has made me free?

Paul uses that expression.

Galatians 5:1

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free,

Saying that Christ has set me free is NOT wrong.

Referring to Jesus as Christ is NOT wrong, as we can see from the Word of God. If you think the answer is NOT Christ then you are wrong.

You gave your life to Christ. What Christ would that be,. . ?

Romans 14:9

For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

What Christ would that be?? The same Christ that Paul refereed to in Romans 14:9.

While I realize that it is more common to use the full expression Jesus Christ my Lord, at the same time, Paul also at times simply said Christ as a reference to Jesus.

To claim that Christ is NOT a proper reference to Jesus is biblically false

Edited by Hansc

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

ToS :Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. We also strongly discourage giving out personal information such as email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers on the public boards. Any information given out in private is at your own discretion and risk. (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

--Please remember to be kind. The subject is not geared towards one's salvation rather the position of why YOU believe the bible is the inerrant word of God. We ask questions to further our understanding, I ask that you please respect this. Were all learning.

God bless

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

First let me state that I received your confession of faith, that Jesus is Lord, and found it to be clear.

I think that everybody who believes the Bible is the inerrant Word of God has been lead to that belief by the Spirit of God.

One of the reasons I asked this was that I teach school in a very secular and very liberal environment and it is uncommon to find other teachers and students who believe the Bible is the Word of God as I do. I have meet some but they are few and far between. Mostly, I end up fielding questions about why I believe the Bible is God's Word. I also just as frequently am asked why I believe that Jesus is the only means of salvation.

Because I am asked this a lot, I was curious as to how other Christians answer these same questions. I also asked because I have found that many Christians don't actually know why they believe the Bible is the Word of God. I think that sometimes praying about it and thinking it over can help a Christian to a better understanding of why the Bible is the Word of God and thereby lead to a more solid foundation of faith.

With the added details about what your seeking to understand, I know how to respond for sure. It is all about speaking what I hear and trusting it to be the right thing at the right moment for the right person. I am simply a servant who serves from the heart. My hope is that I clearly hear the voice of God that tells me what to say in any situation and not sin or some devil who seeks to persuade me to speak on their behalf. What I say, just like what I shared above, depends wholly upon what God reveals to me as the need in the hearers life.

Once, I was standing before a man and I was told that he was born and raised Catholic. I inquired if it were true and share that God had shared that with me so that we might find common ground to discuss and grow in Christ. It had its intended affect. Afterward, I sat down for break and was led to John 4 where the Spirit bade me to understand what just happened with my encounter with Art. I smiled and studied the passage with a greater joy than ever before.

I spent and hour on the phone today with a recovering alcoholic that has been sober for 2 months this time around. The subject of the bible came up. I was led to say certain things that led to the man becoming inspired to improve his relationship with God and his ability to understand what the bible teaches.

I seek to sanctify the Lord God in my heart that I might be ready an answer to any man that asks the reason of the hope that is within me. Though the context of that verse is about being harmed while doing good, the message is quite clear. The Word of God plus the Spirit of God equals the voice of God within my heart. He and He alone knows what needs to be said at any given time. When a person needs to 'know' that the bible is the Word of God, they need to hear first my declaration of the truth, which is I met Jesus at the well and he told me that the bible was the Word of God, followed by hearing Him for themselves as did the Samaritans who believed upon the word of the woman at the well. The truth is in Jesus. The truth is in me as Jesus is in me.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

ToS :Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. We also strongly discourage giving out personal information such as email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers on the public boards. Any information given out in private is at your own discretion and risk. (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

--Please remember to be kind. The subject is not geared towards one's salvation rather the position of why YOU believe the bible is the inerrant word of God. We ask questions to further our understanding, I ask that you please respect this. Were all learning.

God bless

Amen Jacob, words we should all pay attention to.