• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

One reason why it is: "He who repents AND is baptized shall be saved."---JESUS

Guess the thief on the cross wasn't saved after all, since he was never baptized.

So was Jesus lying? Is He going to stand up on Judgment Day, and laughingly yell "PSYCH!!!'?

What do you make of the very clear and unambiguous words of our Lord?

The theif on the cross proves only that IF A PERSON HAS NO CHANCE TO BE BAPTIZED, he or she can still be saved, however those who simply shrug it off as an unimportant, empty ritual, are taking eternal risks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Guess the thief on the cross wasn't saved after all, since he was never baptized.

So was Jesus lying? Is He going to stand up on Judgment Day, and laughingly yell "PSYCH!!!'?

The theif on the cross proves only that IF A PERSON HAS NO CHANCE TO BE BAPTIZED, he or she can still be saved, however those who simply shrug it off as an unimportant, empty ritual, are taking eternal risks.

I believe so too.

I believe so too.

I agree, again obedience as proof of salvation. Not required for salvation, however. Faith brings salvation, not faith + works.

Beloved,

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Jesus Didn't Lie

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. These things I command you, that ye love one another. John 15:16-17

Mar 16:16 KJV He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Jesus told us who is damned. Why didn't He say "believeth not and is baptrised not " ?

Mar 16:16 KJV He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Jesus told us who is damned. Why didn't He say "believeth not and is baptrised not " ?

:thumbsup:

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 1 Corinthians 15:1-8

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Mark 16:16

He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

Believe is mentioned twice, baptized only once. If you believe, you will be baptized. If you don't believe, you will be condemned. Believe is the condition where baptized or condemned is the result of if you believe or not. Scripture does not imply that if you are not baptized, you are condemned.