• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Its talking about the old laws. The Old Laws could not bring life eternal.

We are not under the Law at all! Romans 6:14 says we "are NOT under the Law, but under grace." And that Christ ABOLISHED the Law with ALL of it's ordinances on the cross, (Ephesians 2:15) and that for those who believe, Jesus is the END of the Law. ALL of it was nailed to the cross! (Colossians 2:14).

The Bible says the Law is not made for a righteous man (1 Timothy 1:8) and we who believe have been declared righteous by God! (Romans 3:22)

The Law is only to make us conscious of our sin, and thus our need for a savior. (Romans 3:20).

Sorry, but if you're going to live by the Law, you have to keep ALL of it. You cannot pick and choose. The Bible says you are cursed if you don't obey EVERYTHING written of the Law. (Galatians 3:10-11) And that's in the New Testament, written by Paul.

Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments.

The Bible says the whole Law is summed up by "loving your neighbor as yourself." (Galatians 5:14)

You CANNOT be justified one bit by obeying the Law.

"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ," (Galatians 2:16)

Salvation is not about YOU it's about GOD. The Father is the one who draws a person to Jesus, because the Bible says there is none that seek God, it is the Holy Spirit that grants you faith to believe, and it's Jesus who saves through His sacrifice on the cross. ALL the works of salvation are by God and from God. And that's why only GOD gets the credit, glory. and praise for a person's salvation!

You are not God's partner by your works in the salvation process. Because God will NOT share His glory with another.

You really need to ponder Galatians 3:2-3, because I think it speaks directly to you:

"Did you receive the Spirit by observing the Law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?"

And Paul puts the final nail in the coffin by writing: "Where then is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the Law? NO! But on that of FAITH! For we maintain that a man is justified by Faith APART FROM OBSERVING THE LAW!" (Romans 3:27-28)

The Law never saved anyone. It never could. It was never intended to. Nobody can keep the Law. It is only our schoolmaster to bring us to the foot of the cross. (Galatians 3:23-25)

If you are trying to justify yourself by observing the Law, the Bible says you have alienated yourself from Christ and have fallen away from grace. (Galatians 5:4)

Edited by GoldenEagle
<<< Formatting... Fixed quotes to clarify who this was addressed to. >>>

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Do you think if you deliberately ignore what is required of you that you are saved ?

Are we not suppose to do what is asked of us to do ?

Like I said you cannot measure yourself with others people salvation, they do what they know to do at that point.

But when you know and don't do it.

17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

James 4:17 (KJV)

Children of Israel ignore God's commandments and they got punished.

Are we any different from them, when we ignore Christ commandments.

So picking the minimal last second for salvation does not mean you are saved when you knowing all there is to do to obey that which is required of you.

For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required.

I think you are required to do with what understanding of the laws of Christ you have.

If you understand that its a commandment to get Baptized then get baptized its the law, why break it, don't you love him.

Is not our love toward him proven by doing his commandments.

I don't think anybody will go to heaven if they don't love God. Do you ?

Do we have to prove that we are saved through works or following commandments such as baptism? Is salvation something we do of our own strength or is it God acting in our lives? :hmmm:

Curious. Are you saying if someone doesn't get baptized they don't love God? :help:

See this discussion:

You have to prove that you love God.

We know what Jesus said "If you love me keep my commandments"

Why would you not keep what he says to do ? Once you know the commandment you are not required to do them ?

Why would you want to disobey ?

Are you judged by another person's salvation or by what you understand in Jesus's commandments ?

Jesus said that John baptized with water, but in not many days I will baptize you with spirit and fire. so which baptism do we need? which Baptism would Jesus tell us to be baptised with. if the old Covenant/ the law was good for salvation then there would be no need for a new covenant/ Grace. if the old baptism was good enough for salvation then there would be no Need for Jesus to baptise with another baptism. Jesus also said that the first commanment was to love God with all we have , and the second is like unto it, that we love one another even as we love ourselves, and ALL THE LAW AND PROPHETS HANG ON THESE TWO LAWS. if pleasing God as you say by baptism saves us, which is saying that pleasing God is an requiremant for salvation. then no one would ever get in. for no flesh has ever been justified by keeping the law, Abraham was saved/given the Covenant of God before he ever did anything, and moved by/on faith in that God. so was He saved before works, by grace through faith or by works.

Rom 4:1

What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

take all these verses and take circumcision out and replace with baptism, and my friend you will see that you have been mistaught/mislead concerning Salvation.

example:

10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in baptism, or in unbaptism? Not in baptism, but in unbaptism.

11 And he received the sign of Baptism, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being unbaptised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not Baptised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

This is not taking away from or adding to scriptures, for it doesn't change the meaning of scriptures, just simply replacing a word to clear it up that you may see what really pleases God. did God say that He was satisfied, when he saw that we were circumcised or baptized and the travaileth Of His(Jesus Christ) Soul, or did he say:

Isa_53:11

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

My friend please trust in what Jesus has done for you, and not what you can do for youself.

we are baptized because we believe , not baptized so we can believe, also your doctrine of salvation through water baptism, limits "with God all things are possible", for if water baptism is salvation, then God cannot save a dying man in the desert where there is no water or preacher or my friend if God can save that dying man without water then why can't He save me without water?

Edited by GoldenEagle
<<< Formatting... >>>

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Being born of water is our birth process. When the water breaks, delivery of the baby comes soon.

Where is this explained in the bible?

Man

John 3:5 - Jesus said, I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

John 3:6 -Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to the spirit.

Look at the comparisons ; Born of water is the (flesh gives birth to flesh) and born of the Spirit is the (Spirit gives birth to the spirit)

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

1. Question: So did Jesus say "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me {and the commandments of God}"? John 14:6

The Law (the commandments) doesn't save my friend. There is no Jesus + {insert here} = salvation.

2. I believe being born again happens when one believes and confesses Jesus is Lord. You don't have to wait until baptism to be born again. Where do you get the idea in the Bible that baptism is required to be born again?

God bless,

GE

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Where do you get your scripture for your number 2 statement ?

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

If don't have God's love, I don't think you will be with him. Love saves

Re: Born again. Salvation requires confessing Jesus is Lord (I can't save myself; I commit Jesus to be the King of my life) and believing in our heart (putting my trust in Jesus) that God raised Jesus from the dead - the result is salvation or eternal life (Rom. 10:9) We're told what we need to do - believe in Jesus to have eternal life. (John 3:16) If we confess our sins God cleanses us from unrighteousness - we in effect take on Jesus Christ's righteousness. (1 John 1:9) The Bible says that those who are righteous (made clean/pure by the sacrifice of Jesus) will have eternal life. (Matt. 25:46) All one must do to be saved is call upon the name of the Lord to believe! (Rom. 10:13) When we believe we are a new creation. (2 Cor. 5:17) You see there's a lot more of God at work than me at work here. It's all for His glory! God isn't slow to keep His promises. (2 Pet. 3:9) :thumbsup:

Rom. 10:9

That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Matt. 25:46

And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Rom. 10:13

For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

2 Cor. 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

2 Pet. 3:9

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Others have already taken John 3 into account. So I'll let say that I agree with others like Montana Marv who've addressed this passage.

Re: God's love. God's love is indepent of your or my actions would you agree? In other words, nothing I can do can either earn God's love or keep God's love? Once I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord I believe I was born again, adopted into God's family as a co-heir with Christ, and grafted into God's promise through Israel for all the nations. I was saved and then baptized two years later. I was born again two years before I was baptized. It was a free gift of eternal life God gave me (and offers to each one of us) through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom. 6:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Why turn something God offers freely (salvation) into something that must be earned through works such as baptism? Curious.

Just my thoughts.

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Ok this is how I see it.

The OT laws was good, it indeed saved people, but did not give them eternal life. (but you had to live the laws)

Abraham faith saved him but did not give him eternal life. (but he still had to keep the faith)

These all died in faith and keeping the laws of God.

Yes they did not have baptism, but they did die.

So we read in Hebrews 11 these died in the faith coming short of the promise.

These saints believed in the resurrection, so their name was written in the Book of Remembrance

16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it,

and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them,

as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

Mal 3:16-17 (KJV

So these lack the promise for eternal life. - They needed a life source which the OT could not give.

So the promise came which is Jesus and his gospel of the Kingdom and how to get their.

A new salvation plan came into effect.

Jesus says you must be born again and obey.(the same as in the OT.

John says there one coming he will baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with Fire.

Peter said to be saved you must repent, be baptized and recieve the HG.

So here come the ticker.

The OT saints died but were saved. Saved from what ? == Saved from Eternal Death.

This is were Matthew 27:51-53 comes in.

These Hebrews 11 saints came forth from the dead and went into the church to get salvation for eternal life and to be with the Lord.

These had to get born again just like everyone else does.

i believe they all made it to this time and not died like they did before.

So if you see the picture here they came short on a complete salvation but they got a resurrection to get it fixed.

So what happens to people here in our day if they do not complete their salvation as Jesus requires.

They will get the second resurrection at the end of the next 1,000 year to get it fixed.

i am talking about those who could not get things done before a sudden death.

yes grace saves you from eternal death until you are complete - Christ like.

I don't believe in a Hell where people spend eternal life in.

I believe either dead or alive.

I still believe in the Book of Remembrance still exist(God's mind) and that is where those who do not get their complete salvation as the OT saints didn't.

I do not believe the second resurrection is for damnation, its a good resurrection just like the one in Matthew 27.

So you have it .

I know you will think I am way off but I believe I am way on it right.

I am not a osas believer, only if you stay in Chirst Jesus.

Your Brother in Christ Jesus.

Bible_Gazer

[

Being born of water is our birth process. When the water breaks, delivery of the baby comes soon.

Man

John 3:5 - Jesus said, I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

Look at the comparisons ; Born of water is the (flesh gives birth to flesh) and born of the Spirit is the (Spirit gives birth to the spirit)

In Christ

Montana Marv

every human child is born of water, seeing their are in water in the womb, born of water and spirit is what separates humans from angels , angels are not born of water,

Ok this is how I see it.

The OT laws was good, it indeed saved people, but did not give them eternal life. (but you had to live the laws)

Abraham faith saved him but did not give him eternal life. (but he still had to keep the faith)

These all died in faith and keeping the laws of God.

Yes they did not have baptism, but they did die.

So we read in Hebrews 11 these died in the faith coming short of the promise.

These saints believed in the resurrection, so their name was written in the Book of Remembrance

16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it,

and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them,

as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

Mal 3:16-17 (KJV

So these lack the promise for eternal life. - They needed a life source which the OT could not give.

So the promise came which is Jesus and his gospel of the Kingdom and how to get their.

A new salvation plan came into effect.

Jesus says you must be born again and obey.(the same as in the OT.

John says there one coming he will baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with Fire.

Peter said to be saved you must repent, be baptized and recieve the HG.

So here come the ticker.

The OT saints died but were saved. Saved from what ? == Saved from Eternal Death.

This is were Matthew 27:51-53 comes in.

These Hebrews 11 saints came forth from the dead and went into the church to get salvation for eternal life and to be with the Lord.

These had to get born again just like everyone else does.

i believe they all made it to this time and not died like they did before.

So if you see the picture here they came short on a complete salvation but they got a resurrection to get it fixed.

So what happens to people here in our day if they do not complete their salvation as Jesus requires.

They will get the second resurrection at the end of the next 1,000 year to get it fixed.

i am talking about those who could not get things done before a sudden death.

yes grace saves you from eternal death until you are complete - Christ like.

I don't believe in a Hell where people spend eternal life in.

I believe either dead or alive.

I still believe in the Book of Remembrance still exist(God's mind) and that is where those who do not get their complete salvation as the OT saints didn't.

I do not believe the second resurrection is for damnation, its a good resurrection just like the one in Matthew 27.

So you have it .

I know you will think I am way off but I believe I am way on it right.

I am not a osas believer, only if you stay in Chirst Jesus.

Your Brother in Christ Jesus.

Bible_Gazer

you have totally misunderstood salvation, no man (even Abraham and those under the law) comes unto the Father but by Jesus Christ. Abraham and old testament saints looked toward the promise of a Messiah and this faith is what saved them and we look back to the cross, but it was still faith and faith alone that saves any old or new testament saints; they were given an everlasting covenant in thew old Testament :

Gen_17:7

And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

Edited by His_disciple3

Man

In Christ

Montana Marv

1 Corinthians 15

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

Galatians 5

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

"Flesh gives birth to flesh" means corruption gives birth to corruption.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

We are not under the Law at all! Romans 6:14 says we "are NOT under the Law, but under grace." And that Christ ABOLISHED the Law with ALL of it's ordinances on the cross, (Ephesians 2:15) and that for those who believe, Jesus is the END of the Law. ALL of it was nailed to the cross! (Colossians 2:14).

There is a new law.

1Cr 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

Therefore there can be a lawless one who will be destroyed.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked (lawless one in the NIV) be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Obedience always deals with law. We are under law to Christ and must obey him through the Spirit. In doing so, we happen to keep much of the law from the OT by default but not as it were by the works of the law but through obedience unto Christ and the law of Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

There is a new law.

1Cr 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

Therefore there can be a lawless one who will be destroyed.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked (lawless one in the NIV) be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Obedience always deals with law. We are under law to Christ and must obey him through the Spirit. In doing so, we happen to keep much of the law from the OT by default but not as it were by the works of the law but through obedience unto Christ and the law of Christ.

"If we are led by the Spirit, we are not under the Law." (Galatians 5:18)