• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I started this thread years ago and almost just started another thread on the same exact topic. I find it amazing that after all this time , not only do I still see this but it's getting more common 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

2 hours ago, Giller said:

I think that you will like this scripture Firstormx.

2Pe 1:3-11
(3)  According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
(4)  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
(5)  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
(6)  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
(7)  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
(8)  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(9)  But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
(10)  Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
(11)  For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

It starts with faith.

I do like that scripture. Nice post! Agree completely. 

It starts with faith!

Edited by firestormx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Weren't people always like this. I think so.

I heard something in 1 of the lesser movies made about Jesus that I want to share. I know this isn't biblical but it could have been true. I was once the worse doubter around. I even needed God to prove to me He existed, which He did. In this movie Jesus says to Thomas "that for someone who doubts so much you must want to bee really certain of what you believe". And Thomas tells Jesus that He's right. I can't speak for the Thomas from 2000 rs ago but I can say that applies to me. I do want to be certain of what I believe.

Right now, in 2017, or actually since about 1998 people in general have been becoming more pessimistic and depressed. I'm not sure why, but it's harder to feel confident today than it was 30 - 70 yrs ago. Just consider the whole transgender thing. In my day your gender was determined by what you were born with. But now some parents (dumb ones IMO) will ask a 5 yr old if he wants to be a boy or a girl. From what I remember as a kid a lot of girls used to think they wanted to be boys. Today some parents allow it. I hate to say this but as time goes on uncertainty may get much worse until either a great leader changes this, or God returns. But I think things will get worse before they get better.