IGNORED

Womanhood

Adaeze

Guest Butero

Anyway, the women get jobs so that they can't be controlled.

This is a false accusation on why women get jobs.

Many women become vets, biologists, teachers, daycare providers, etc. because they like doing such.

Many women work to help pay for their children's college education.

Many women work because both her husband and her want additional income into the family.

And many women work because we are single and have to support ourselves.

If the husband gets too bossy, they will cry abuse, and leave.

This is another false accusation.

They have their own source of income anyway, so it is no big deal.

No, it is a big deal. Divorce takes years to recover from, even for the one who filed for the divorce.

The husband gets by without having to work so hard, as he has a wife who is helping earn a living by the sweat of her brow, taking on part of his curse.

Are you saying that husbands slack at his job or not be driven to improve his income because of a working wife?

What men have you seen doing this?

She is a person he dwells with for companionship and someone to help with the finances. She is not really a wife in the way God intended, and they are not really one flesh. They are two independent people dwelling together, who happen to have a license from the government saying they are legally married. That is why divorce is so high. Since they are never really one, it is easy to split when times get hard.

Can you prove that a woman with a job is not one with her husband?

I will modify my first comment. Many women get jobs so they can't be controlled. There are some that work for other reasons, but that is a big one.

I was just in a conversation with a woman claiming a man being bossy is abuse, and that it is grounds for divorce. It is not a false accusation.

To some, divorce is hard to get past, but not all.

I have known of a lot of men that let the wife work so they don't have to work as hard, or in some cases, not at all. My sister-in-law was married to such a man. He was a bum, and was able to be a bum because she worked.

Can I prove women who have a job are not one with their husband? No, because that is not what I meant. I was speaking of women who act as their own person, rather than in unity with their husband. It is not just because they work they are not one, but because they remain an independent person. They are more like roomates with benefits rather than a married couple. Can I prove this? No more than you can prove I am wrong. This is my opinion. I believe this to be true. Of course you can disagree, and I have no issue with you if you reject what I said.

Guest Butero

Anyway, the women get jobs so that they can't be controlled. If the husband gets too bossy, they will cry abuse, and leave. They have their own source of income anyway, so it is no big deal. The husband gets by without having to work so hard, as he has a wife who is helping earn a living by the sweat of her brow, taking on part of his curse. She is a person he dwells with for companionship and someone to help with the finances. She is not really a wife in the way God intended, and they are not really one flesh. They are two independent people dwelling together, who happen to have a license from the government saying they are legally married. That is why divorce is so high. Since they are never really one, it is easy to split when times get hard.

Honestly Butero these comments above in bold seem very sexist and judgmental. This is not the case 100% regarding your comments in bold. This is your version of what you've experienced perhaps? A personal conviction if you will. Just like women should always wear dresses and not pants. Perhaps you didn't see these comments by women on the thread... Sometimes women work out of necessity.

Butero, what do you think of all the women who work outside of the home because they have to in order to keep their family afloat? I work in the corporate world...

Butero, what do you think of all the women who work outside of the home because they have to in order to keep their family afloat? I work in the corporate world...

I am having to look for work too. One job is not necessarily enough today to keep a growing family afloat... only going part time though. Hubby remains the primary breadwinner.

My grandfather had a serious infection in his leg that kept him from working for two years. My grandmother was the bread winner during that time. Would you call her ungodly or a woman without true Christian Biblical character?

During a time in my career when hours were cut at work and I couldn't find a better job my wife took a job to help support us. This lasted for about 1.5 years and was very difficult.

Perhaps your wife has never had to work due to your job situation. In this economy and in this culture it's not always women working because of independent spirits as you claim. I don't often say this but you're simply plain wrong in this instance.

Honestly, I'm tired of this thread and considering shutting it down. The OP was a cry for help (notice she hasn't returned to the thread... wonder why?) and this has turn into bashing women IMO.

Peace,

GE

I am not speaking of all women in all circumstances. I was speaking of something I see happening in society today. I will take the blame for a misunderstanding here because I wasn't clear in stating that. Sometimes when I say something, it comes across like I am speaking of every single person on the face of the earth, and I am not.

Guest Butero

The Lord teaches us sin brings confusion and that is what we are seeing here in the clothes issue...

these matters of dress is one of heart and purpose- this is what God has brought us into in these last

days in His Son 'purpose and intent of heart' ...

The presence of sin has brought focus upon wrong elements~ as in the begin they were naked and were

not ashamed! you cannot take from this leavened lump of existence and make for yourselves a holy

and righteous place! The millennial kingdom proves that even in the perfect reign ot Christ and the world

is brought back to Garden like qualities still iniquity will be present as lucifer is loosed and others follow

him still! Thus knowing all the God has told us will be! We are to be a people who focus the heart to here:

Col 3:1-11

3 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the

right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your

life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with

Him in glory.

5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion

evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is

coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.

8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out

of your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, 10 and

have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,

11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor

free, but Christ is all and in all.

NKJV

Notice here all these elements listed is matters of heart and not outward adornments or of foods etc. !

The evil one would like nothing better than to make New Testament pharasies and saducees focussing

upon that which God is not keeping and letting go of the focus of the heart preparing to look The Lord

in the eye and give an account of our heart to Him and Why! Love, Steven

And that means that if a man wears a dress, he should be welcome to be a Sunday School teacher in your church, right?

Spiritual things are discerned spiritually... your reply indicates the lack thereof! Love, Steven

It has nothing to do with spiritual discernment. It has to do with people like you refusing to admit to being wrong. You can't answer my question, so the best you can do is attack me as lacking spiritual discernment. I could say the same thing about you, because it is obvious I don't believe you have any understanding of spiritual matters, but where will that get us? You attack me, and I attack you back. There is nothing either of us can do to prove the other person wrong. You can't prove I lack spiritual discernment, and I can't prove you lack spiritual discernment. Do you actually have something of substance to add here, like answering my direct question about a man wearing a dress?

Guest Butero

This thread has made me so sad.

When I think of all the women that work to keep their family together,

to bring food on the table and clothes on their children's back.

We live in harsh times, a recession.

Many families have seen the bread winner loose his job and the lady of the house has stepped in and

kept things going. Her wage has not only paid the mortgage but also the education for their children.

More than often it is done with sacrifice and yet it is and is done out of love; not only for their children but

for their spouse.

To say that a women with a job is not, "one with her husband", is so insulting to all those women that make ends meet daily.

I would normally make a sarcastic comment here, but since I am at fault for not being clear, I won't. I am not speaking of all women that have to work because of necessity. At the same time, I did word it like I was speaking of all women that work. I am speaking of a certain group of career women. While I do take responsibility for poor wording, I can't help but feel that some are intentionally trying to take advantage of the situation. For instance, we were not speaking of the woman who is working at the sewing plant, or the local restaurant because she is trying to keep food on the table. We were speaking of career women, who choose that over family. These are women that let other people raise their kids, not because they have to, but by choice.

Guest Butero

I find it sad also ncn, and I had stayed out of this thread because I felt it was really a matter for women to discuss amongst themselves. I find it ironic that a person would see the opposite gender as unequal, and at the same time believe they're an expert on how the opposite gender should be. Perhaps the ladies should take the discussion to their private forum. At any rate, God bless all of you ladies for doing what you do. :)

Bring out the fiddles folks. This is one post that definately deserves mood music.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

One of humanities biggest errors is its quickness to judge. There are women out there that seek only to sustain their families in the event the worst should happen. A wife should indeed be able to rely on her husband. However, there are a number of married women who do not remarry when their husbands pass. Some merely work to provide for their children and themselves. Think perhaps when we speak of a certain gender, we may want to consider diction...how our words are applied and be cautious as to not fall into or prey to stereotypes.

Just some food for thought.

Guest Butero

One of humanities biggest errors is its quickness to judge. There are women out there that seek only to sustain their families in the event the worst should happen. A wife should indeed be able to rely on her husband. However, there are a number of married women who do not remarry when their husbands pass. Some merely work to provide for their children and themselves. Think perhaps when we speak of a certain gender, we may want to consider diction...how our words are applied and be cautious as to not fall into or prey to stereotypes.

Just some food for thought.

I admit that I was not clear in my original post. Let me see if I can use an example from a TV show I saw last week. It was an episode of "That 70s Show," and one of the wives got caught up the in women's lib stuff, and wanted a career. She was no longer satisfied with being a housewife. She went to a friend and said she was lucky her husband let her have a career. How did she get him to go along? She said they got together, looked at the bills, and realized if she didn't work, they would lose the house. These are two differen't circumstances entirely. I was not speaking about the women that work out of necessity.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Honestly there is no further need for this thread. Any further discussion can occur via PM. It is closed.