• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

It doesn't matter what he looked like.

Jesus said, "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." ....... John 7:24

Actually, it does matter what he looked like. Revolutionist90 got caught in an embarrassing situation because of how this guy mad himself look, and he's been trying to process that.

So embarrassment is a justifiable reason to change or ignore scripture?

Man, have you considered the context of Jesus words?

John 7

19 Has not Moses given you the law? Yet not one of you keeps the law. Why are you trying to kill me?" 20 "You are demon-possessed," the crowd answered. "Who is trying to kill you?" 21 Jesus said to them, "I did one miracle, and you are all astonished. 22 Yet, because Moses gave you circumcision (though actually it did not come from Moses, but from the patriarchs), you circumcise a child on the Sabbath. 23 Now if a child can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing the whole man on the Sabbath? 24 Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment."

What "appearances" was Jesus talking about?

Something is wrong inside a person to want to hide their true face like that.

With the exception of children, every woman I know has something wrong inside them because they all wear makeup. Every man that has facial hair has a twisted mind because beards and mustaches hide their true face. Even people who wear glasses, according to your line of thinking, have a twisted mind because glasses do alter the appearance of the face.

You're being ridiculous, man.

Interesting thought process, but I don't believe it trumps scripture.

You need to defend your claim that the OP was violating Scripture by trying to process what happened.

And how is he to learn if he doesn't discuss with others what he cannot figure out himself?

Do not judge according to appearance.

What did Jesus mean by "appearance" in what He spoke?

(Face palm) I have heard that one sentence of the scripture in John so much since it is applied to appearances that I never took the time to read. Once in perspective that little sentence does sound a little different now since it seems to be referenced to circumcision. Thanks for that expansion!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2

1. Twisted by definition means something that is bent or turned into a different shape. A guy who wears colorful make-up and looks like a drag queen is different from normal. Drag queens themselves label themselves a different gender. I don't know what this guy was doing and that eludes me but I can still make a stance that it is wrong.

If you don't know the individuals motives, how can you label him "twisted"? He can't be labeled a drag queen because he got offended when you refered to him as a woman. How can you not see that?

2. Can you provide scripture stating that men wearing colorful make-up that is the same as a woman is not effeminate?

:bored-1:

I actually don't know what we are arguing about anymore.

I'm not arguing with you. I'm trying to show you something. God states we are not to judge according to appearance. If you don't agree with that, then your argument is with God, not me.

There's no need to get upset.

thats just silly, if it looks walks and acts like a duck its a duck.........if the guy is wearing makeup its obvious the devil has stolen his identity

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Jesus said, "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." ....... John 7:24

Actually, it does matter what he looked like. Revolutionist90 got caught in an embarrassing situation because of how this guy mad himself look, and he's been trying to process that.

John 7

19 Has not Moses given you the law? Yet not one of you keeps the law. Why are you trying to kill me?" 20 "You are demon-possessed," the crowd answered. "Who is trying to kill you?" 21 Jesus said to them, "I did one miracle, and you are all astonished. 22 Yet, because Moses gave you circumcision (though actually it did not come from Moses, but from the patriarchs), you circumcise a child on the Sabbath. 23 Now if a child can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing the whole man on the Sabbath? 24 Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment."

With the exception of children, every woman I know has something wrong inside them because they all wear makeup. Every man that has facial hair has a twisted mind because beards and mustaches hide their true face. Even people who wear glasses, according to your line of thinking, have a twisted mind because glasses do alter the appearance of the face.

You need to defend your claim that the OP was violating Scripture by trying to process what happened.

And how is he to learn if he doesn't discuss with others what he cannot figure out himself?

(Face palm) I have heard that one sentence of the scripture in John so much since it is applied to appearances that I never took the time to read. Once in perspective that little sentence does sound a little different now since it seems to be referenced to circumcision. Thanks for that expansion!

You're welcome! But I think you still misread what was spoken. Jesus referenced circumcision as an example. They were judging Jesus for healing on the Sabbath; yet they had no problem with circumcising on the Sabbath!

The problem with the people here were that they were missing the heart of God and the purpose of the Sabbath.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Really? What do you think of a man with long hair?

I think he's a man with long hair.

That is the best dodge I have seen you make so far. :thumbsup:

I just remember the many discussions we have had where you were so against man having long hair, yet you say we should not judge a man who wears makeup. Really confusing to me what you really believe. Nothing more, nothing less ...

Show me.

For your review ... Your statement here took me by surprise. Like I said, noting more and nothing less.

• Group:  Advanced Member

John 7

You're welcome! But I think you still misread what was spoken. Jesus referenced circumcision as an example. They were judging Jesus for healing on the Sabbath; yet they had no problem with circumcising on the Sabbath!

The problem with the people here were that they were missing the heart of God and the purpose of the Sabbath.

Oh (another face palm) thank you for clarifying that. The main quote on verse 24 is put into a different context now though.

Really? What do you think of a man with long hair?

I think he's a man with long hair.

That is the best dodge I have seen you make so far. :thumbsup:

I just remember the many discussions we have had where you were so against man having long hair, yet you say we should not judge a man who wears makeup. Really confusing to me what you really believe. Nothing more, nothing less ...

Show me.

For your review ... Your statement here took me by surprise. Like I said, noting more and nothing less.

Is this what you're refering too?

Butero said,

"By the way RunningGator, 1 Corinthians 11:14 says:

Doeth not even nature itself teach you, that if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?"

I said,

"It also says this.

1 Corinthians 11

4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head.

That alone should be reason enough to get a haircut."

What part of that post is an indication of me being "so against man having long hair"?

Edited by man

1. Twisted by definition means something that is bent or turned into a different shape. A guy who wears colorful make-up and looks like a drag queen is different from normal. Drag queens themselves label themselves a different gender. I don't know what this guy was doing and that eludes me but I can still make a stance that it is wrong.

If you don't know the individuals motives, how can you label him "twisted"? He can't be labeled a drag queen because he got offended when you refered to him as a woman. How can you not see that?

2. Can you provide scripture stating that men wearing colorful make-up that is the same as a woman is not effeminate?

:bored-1:

I actually don't know what we are arguing about anymore.

I'm not arguing with you. I'm trying to show you something. God states we are not to judge according to appearance. If you don't agree with that, then your argument is with God, not me.

There's no need to get upset.

1. Yes but that still does not exclude him from being effeminate. A man who is effeminate can still be labeled as a man but it does not change that they are effeminate. From the comments on this section and from the other scripture passes stated from other comments your belief on whether or not a person is effeminate or whether a person is dressing in drag is subjective. It is not mere semantics since people actually do have different definitions of how to describe a person that are different from yours such as using the words "twisted" or "mixed up" which can be seem as having the same definition.

2. :45:

3. Actually it is an argument with you because I don't believe there would be biblical support of a man hiding behind colorful make-up and possible breasts implants. I think his anger stems from some unknown confusion about gender. You are trying to show me something and you have. I just believe that what you are trying to show me does not apply to what I am asking nor how I am observing the situation and more geared towards trying to claim that I am being judgmental. Also due to the internet's inability to express emotions you seem like you were getting angry at me. Also you have pulled a couple of straw man fallacies (inserting other people who you know that have no connection to the Wal-mart guy's behavior such as men who have long hair) which means that this conversation is more than a mere discussion. You have made your point and I see what you are trying to say. The problem is that we have a disagreement on whether or not I am being judgmental and I still believe I'm not. I'm making an opinion about a guy. I actually believe you are casting a stone without the intention.

Also due to the internet's inability to express emotions you seem like you were getting angry at me. Also you have pulled a couple of straw man fallacies (inserting other people who you know that have no connection to the Wal-mart guy's behavior such as men who have long hair) which means that this conversation is more than a mere discussion.

I'm not angry, I have no reason to be.

And take a careful look back a few posts and you'll see that it wasn't me that brought long hair into this thread.

You have made your point and I see what you are trying to say.

Good. :)

The problem is that we have a disagreement on whether or not I am being judgmental and I still believe I'm not.

Follow your convictions.

Also due to the internet's inability to express emotions you seem like you were getting angry at me. Also you have pulled a couple of straw man fallacies (inserting other people who you know that have no connection to the Wal-mart guy's behavior such as men who have long hair) which means that this conversation is more than a mere discussion.

I'm not angry, I have no reason to be.

And take a careful look back a few posts and you'll see that it wasn't me that brought long hair into this thread.

You have made your point and I see what you are trying to say.

Good. :)

The problem is that we have a disagreement on whether or not I am being judgmental and I still believe I'm not.

Follow your convictions.

1. I was reading the post you gave to JTC which was about the twisted mind thing which said this "I know guys with long hair that resemble females. Are their minds twisted too?" I'm sorry if I have misquoted you.

2. Good we can both agree to disagree and move on with our lives :)

:clap:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Man - I am still waiting for your answer.

John 7