back2thebible

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

does this necessarily imply that the angels "went after strange flesh" also, or is it only alluding in comparison to the complete denial of recognizing and abiding by what their Creator would have for them?

the origins of certain carnal and spiritual abominations in contrast..?

love to you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

but can you give me your opinion of what was reconciled in heaven
Your question is too vague. Can you give me some depth to work with here?
I'm simply asking what your opinion of what might of been reconciled in heaven, we know what was reconciled on earth by the blood of Jesus, Colossians 1:17-21 For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, 20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth OR THINGS IN HEAVEN, having made peace through the blood of His cross. 21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled
What is left to reconcile if we are already His? That is why I did not understand your question.

Wow...I'm amazed every time how God just makes me want to study The Bible...and it's at certain times for me...inspiration just comes...and then I go on such a journey...all over The Bible usually...one thing that still amazes me to this day...I was not looking for a Study Bible or anything in particular...and both The Bibles I use now just came to me of no doing on my own...And they reference other scriptures to other scriptures...Lord, Thank You So Much!!!

A few things have jumped out at me...so grateful to participate at least a little bit... and love it when it happens...Father...Help us to understand Your Word...Please Bring Forth Your Truth That Makes Us Free...In The Name of Jesus, I Pray...also Lord, please help with patience...sometimes I go all over the place before I get there...apologizing in advance...

The OP was about Revelation 2:5 My study Bible says that it is just what it says: The Church being removed from Christ's Churches...but it references Matt. 21:41 when it says: or else I will come to you quickly...Matt. 21:41 (parable about the landowner who planted a vineyard) They said to Him, He will destroy those wicked men miserably, and lease his vineyard to other vinedressers who will render to him the fruits in their seasons.

Now the way I understand it...we are somehow referencing Col. 1:20 as belonging to Rev. 2:5 somehow or The Spirit of God revealed this to the OP...my Study Bible or King James doesn't reference the two together; however, being led sometimes, I also was given of all things The Lord's Prayer in Matt. 6...then this led me on the journey and I will end up in a minute seeing something that just blew me away...

When I read Col. 1:20...The words: whether things on earth or things in heaven just jumped in me...so I went there to Matt. 6 and in verse 10...Your kingdom come. (a) Your will be done on earth (b) as it is in heaven... (a) Matt. 26:42 and (b) references Psalm 103:20...Bless the Lord, you His angels, who excel in strength, who do His word, heeding the voice of His word.

Then I go on this journey looking up "giants" (I've heard that about angels producing offspring etc.) then I go on another journey looking up "son's of God" and look up son's...of course that is "builder of family name" and in my Strong's Concordance there is this little bitty reference for word #1121 (10) The Bible also refers to the heavenly court as the "son's of God" see Job 1:6...

and the way I see Gen. 6:4...as far as if the sons of God were angels or men...

Gen.6:4...There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when (and also afterward, when...)the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. (My study Bible says these could have been men of stature...you know princes or aristocrats...important men of the day...also references that Nephilim refers to persons of great physical stature...giants...Num. 13:32-33...but that Nephilim also is linked to another term that indicates heroic person with both power and influence)

All that is fine and good however; if The Holy Spirit could come to Mary and produce Jesus...Our Lord and King...born of a virgin...

and satan can counterfeit...well...there you have it...it could be possible for angels to reproduce...I also truly believe I've seen more than one angel in a human form...

Oh one more point...I've heard through the years all these teachings on different things but never kept a detailed organized log of it all...but I have also heard a teaching on angels and humans are different in that we can do what the angels can't...we can be saved...we can be born again...anyway don't have scriptures for all that...and that's all a way different study of it all...

Love ya'll beyond comprehension...In Him, Kathy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

with the nephilim characteristics of 12 digits and two rows of teeth, I've not heard of one

Where is this in the bible? I do not recall seeing that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I have only what I can plainly read in the bible ....

considering what the Jewish people have always believed, as it was written by them, Its apparent that angels had sex with human women and produced giants

The irony is that your name implies you stick with the bible, but then you add a lot of unscriptural interpretations to the bible. Jews have not always believed this. There is nothing in scripture to support this view.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

and again I have only what I can plainly read in the bible, and from what is written, from the Genesis account and what we see written in the book of Jude 1:6-7

And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

using Sodom and Gomorrah as being SIMILIAR MANNER to what the angels did you can only come to 2 conclusions, 1. they had homosexual sex like the people of the two cities or 2. they like the men of Sodom and Gommorah went after strange sex

either way sexual immorality was the base of the sins committed

considering what the Jewish people have always believed, as it was written by them, Its apparent that angels had sex with human women and produced giants

well, yes that is what we are discussing, what we can plainly see from scripture. so let's carefully read the Genesis account together brother..i love when cobwebs disappear and the Holy Spirit reveals all truth to us.

please disregard my post #41 brainstorm, aside from the Strong's info.

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

now would you please answer my question as to how you perceive it ?

were the sons of God in that account, angels or men?

they are angels, as this same account is talked about in the book of Jude.

I have only what I can plainly read in the bible ....

The irony is that your name implies you stick with the bible, but then you add a lot of unscriptural interpretations to the bible. Jews have not always believed this. There is nothing in scripture to support this view.

actually the bible completely supports this, the book of Jude implys sexual immorality, unless your like the pro-homosexual groups that consider the sins of Sodom and Gomorah to be ones of not being charitable

with the nephilim characteristics of 12 digits and two rows of teeth, I've not heard of one

Where is this in the bible? I do not recall seeing that.

2 Samuel 21:20 Yet again there was war at Gath, where there was a man of great stature, who had six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot, twenty-four in number; and he also was born to the giant.

there have been giants found and even ones in America, although these findings proved the bible is true and that giants did exist they are quickly pulled from the spotlight and who knows where they get hidden, The Smithsonian institute has been responsible for hiding much of the evidence when it comes to giants, its an atheistic organization

http://www.redicecre...le.php?id=23591

It appears as many of the other findings of giants, they have six fingers and six toes and double rows of teeth

bottom line is giants did exist in the bible, they were not normal human beings, obviously the DNA begs to show they were beggotten from strange flesh

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

back2thebible, thank you for causing me to take a deeper look at this...

Heb 13:1 Let brotherly love continue.

Heb 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

bottom line is giants did exist in the bible, they were not normal human beings, obviously the DNA begs to show they were begotten from strange flesh

:)

Diddy Bop

And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you into our hands. And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.

And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth. So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.

Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled. 1 Samuel 17:47-51

Bop

And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver's beam.

And yet again there was war at Gath, where was a man of great stature, whose fingers and toes were four and twenty, six on each hand, and six on each foot: and he also was the son of the giant. But when he defied Israel, Jonathan the son of Shimea David's brother slew him.

These were born unto the giant in Gath; and they fell by the hand of David, and by the hand of his servants. 1 Chronicles 20:5-8

Bop

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

Oops~! There Goes Them Giants~!