• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

How do we achieve deliverance? In the very beginnings of my walk, I was priviledged to attend a gathering of people where some had had a spiritual experience...And the ones that had not had a spiritual experience "yet"...walked only in the Hope that they would indeed one day...have a spiritual experience and be free...That Truth would make them free...They explained all the things that had happened to them...sometimes horrible things had happened to them...but then some explained how they had been set free...by having this spiritual experience...They considered themselves as all having the same dilemma and hence needing to be saved from this dilemma...sort of like "we are all in the same boat" and "the solution is the same for all of us"...I didn't want to admit in the very beginning that I needed to be free...that I needed help because I couldn't do it on my own...and was in big time denial and fear and anger about it all...that I was blind and couldn't see...For me...I had to have this born again experience...It was the Only Thing In My Mind That Could Possibly Help me...eventually I was hopeless and I had to have this experience...All I can say is: That Is The Truth: That I Had To Experience Being Born Again...Being Changed...That I indeed had come to the end of myself and that The Power of God Would Be Needed To Save me, Change me and Make me Free...We cannot do anything on our own...not even get rid of the sin that besets us...He does it...the problem is: we have to want to be free...we have to have our eyes opened so that The Truth Can Make us Free...We have to humble ourselves and ask!!!

First and foremost, the way I have achieved sustained deliverance was not giving up...And Having A Powerful Spiritual Experience with God...On more than one occasion...Not giving up on The Hope that I knew others had found and that I would too, eventually...if I didn't give up (see my signature for the verses that I have literally hung onto- for dear life- at different times). Now I know that it is explained in parables Jesus taught...In the super beginning...I couldn't give up things that I was doing that was not good for my body for more than 1 day and a half...couldn't last even 2 days!!! I had not taken enough of The Word into myself when the time came to have the strength to not fall into temptation...that The Word was not being planted into fertile fallow ground...and the seed (The Word) got eaten by the birds (because the "ground" of my heart was still hardened...or the seed (The Word) blew away in the wind...that's exactly what happened to me...my heart was hard and The Word just blew away...and I would continue doing the things that weren't good for me...learning all the time that I couldn't do anything on my own without God's Help...Everything being worked together for good...(even though it didn't look like it at the time)...

Amen!

I agree, we need to be Saved by the Power of God.

Though what you said makes me a bit sad. . . .looking for a spiritual experience as the answer- rather than relying on the word and what it tells us.

Thank you for sharing!!! It never ceases to amaze me just how much we literally cling to the bible- cling to the promises He gives and the hope we find in them. He always proves Himself faithful! :)

All I can say...The only thing coming to me right now is this: Without Depending and Trusting In God...I am trying to be my own god...and will naturally walk in sin and self...and for me...I know where that goes...death and destruction...somewhere I almost went...and don't want to ever go again...Whew...Thank You Jesus!!! For Loving, Saving, Healing, Delivering oh my...Oh Yes You Did!!! OK...Quite often I break out in a Praise Break...Wow...Hahaha...Oh God You Are So Good and Your Mercy Endures Forever!!!

I agree- codependency truly is "self worship." Instead of trusting in God- you think to yourself, "I got it" when really, you don't.

May have to wait on this one a very long time...I love to do detailed studies like that...and you are right...What we thought we knew...Hahaha...and then look up the real meanings...I'm amazed every time...It just takes me such a very long time because my Bible references every scripture to do with every other scripture and I always take a trip through The Bible every time...but don't forget, to me, I literally do "cast" what I can't handle onto Him, The One that can handle it...His Name is Jesus and He Is My Savior, Lord and King...Whew...Do you kinow Him? Hahaha

Yes, haha. . .I am always amazed when doing a study because the first time around you think "how did I miss this?" But truly it is God who must reveal it to you- seemingly we are back to the "codependency" aspect.

As for the "casting"- I say it is figurative because "worry" is not an object. . . obviously does not change the meaning but to my understanding- that is what it is. . .

Psalm 55:22

22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

From what I have studied of this verse- it is very much like you say. Being dependent on God for all things- to sustain us, (guide/provide sustenance) carry us and bring us peace.

Thank you for your thoughts Kathy!

As for me knowing Christ- I am not sure if your kidding or not. . . but just so we are clear, i do know Him.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Amen!

I agree, we need to be Saved by the Power of God.

Though what you said makes me a bit sad. . . .looking for a spiritual experience as the answer- rather than relying on the word and what it tells us.

My my...Brother Jake...(I had written what is below the red line first...Then added the following words...) We are in a great dilemma without God's Power changing us...and indwelling us...whether we have a profoundly real experience (like I have had more than once)...or if we can simply believe The Word and are changed...For me I was too hard headed...Still am sometimes...I'm sorry....In my beginnings I couldn't even open The Word of God...God is in control of all that if we are Seeking Help and it just so happened that that was the path that God had for me to eventually Find Him...He wasn't lost...I was-just didn't know it...but if we don't experience something...we will return to our old ways and eventually get back to exactly (and worse) the yukky place we were in when we finally admitted we needed help...See John 3:18-21 and also Luke 11:24 where the unclean spirit goes about trying to find a place to rest and comes back to see if his "old home" is accessible...(I would say that God is Spirit and we need spiritual experiences) and don't forget...we are spirit, soul and body...all 3...

Knowing that we only know in part...This helps explain it better for me...Keep in mind...I'm experiencing a Living God now...I'm not waiting until I get to Heaven...also...Keep in mind...God doesn't always go in order either...He did me backwards...gave me experiences...that I had to later find in The Bible for it to be explained...Amazing how He got me into The Word...Huh...

John 3:27 John answered and said, "A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven."

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, (from above) he cannot see the kingdom of God."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for sharing!!! It never ceases to amaze me just how much we literally cling to the bible- cling to the promises He gives and the hope we find in them. He always proves Himself faithful! :)

You are so welcome...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had written this earlier...

Yes, I was kidding...I know that you are on the path as I am...of knowing Him more and more...

I'm sorry that it made you sad that in the very very beginning of my walk...me not knowing anything at all...that I was around people and talked to people that had had amazing spiritual experiences with God delivering them from what ailed them...they had found a solution...the solution was the born again experience...and believe me...it is an experience that some of us experience profoundly...I wasn't raised in church...had many wrong ideas that had come into me and hardened my heart...eventually for me...something had to be literally experienced...and God made sure that that happened...we have to remember that God can use anything to bring us To Him...

I indicated that eventually I had other profound spiritual experiences: Always Seeking God and Finally Attending Church...These experiences literally took me through the santification process...(set apart for God's use) and completely in no way desiring what "the world" offers anymore...

I have experienced what many have not...only because of a profound desire in me to Seek Life...and Truth...and The Way...It is all good...Because everything I now desire is In Him...

I have even "seen" in my living room a vision of a "golden arm and sword" holding up The Word...

I know that the "Word of God" is The Sword of the Spirit...Whew...Oh Yes It Is!!! See Ephesians 6:17 and Hebrews 4:12

And most recently over and over...With the works that I have been given to do...hearing over and over the reason..."you are preparing for Revival"...My my...It has also helped in my walk to read about people of faith that have gone on before us...God will lead us into it if need be...He will quicken our spirits...Leading and Guiding...

Much Love In Him, Kathy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

We are only human.We will worry.We are believers in Jesus Christ The Living Son Of God but we will still worry.In Heaven we will not, on Earth we will. -_-

We are only human.We will worry.We are believers in Jesus Christ The Living Son Of God but we will still worry.In Heaven we will not, on Earth we will. -_-

Of course bopeep.

But we are called to be ;sustained, are we not?

The purpose was not to cast doubt, or be a stumbling block. . .but to "brainstorm" ideas and show signs in our own lives how God has overcome for us. . .and how we can remove ourselves from the situation- a "let go and let God" of sorts.

My my...Brother Jake...(I had written what is below the red line first...Then added the following words...) We are in a great dilemma without God's Power changing us...and indwelling us...whether we have a profoundly real experience (like I have had more than once)...or if we can simply believe The Word and are changed...For me I was too hard headed...Still am sometimes...I'm sorry....In my beginnings I couldn't even open The Word of God...God is in control of all that if we are Seeking Help and it just so happened that that was the path that God had for me to eventually Find Him...He wasn't lost...I was-just didn't know it...but if we don't experience something...we will return to our old ways and eventually get back to exactly (and worse) the yukky place we were in when we finally admitted we needed help...See John 3:18-21 and also Luke 11:24 where the unclean spirit goes about trying to find a place to rest and comes back to see if his "old home" is accessible...(I would say that God is Spirit and we need spiritual experiences) and don't forget...we are spirit, soul and body...all 3...

Knowing that we only know in part...This helps explain it better for me...Keep in mind...I'm experiencing a Living God now...I'm not waiting until I get to Heaven...also...Keep in mind...God doesn't always go in order either...He did me backwards...gave me experiences...that I had to later find in The Bible for it to be explained...Amazing how He got me into The Word...Huh...

John 3:27 John answered and said, "A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven."

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, (from above) he cannot see the kingdom of God."

I apologize Kathy. . .I was not trying to question or place in doubt of your experience- not like it would mean much because you know what you experienced etc. And I agree it takes a "extra shove" for certain people.. . .

What I was getting at is it is sad people looked for those experiences instead of looking strictly at God. He is our hope- not what others have. . . .we are each to our own and held in Gods eyes as special and unique. . . .that is what I was getting at- please forgive me of the confusion.

Yes, I was kidding...I know that you are on the path as I am...of knowing Him more and more...

I'm sorry that it made you sad that in the very very beginning of my walk...me not knowing anything at all...that I was around people and talked to people that had had amazing spiritual experiences with God delivering them from what ailed them...they had found a solution...the solution was the born again experience...and believe me...it is an experience that some of us experience profoundly...I wasn't raised in church...had many wrong ideas that had come into me and hardened my heart...eventually for me...something had to be literally experienced...and God made sure that that happened...we have to remember that God can use anything to bring us To Him...

I indicated that eventually I had other profound spiritual experiences: Always Seeking God and Finally Attending Church...These experiences literally took me through the santification process...(set apart for God's use) and completely in no way desiring what "the world" offers anymore...

I have experienced what many have not...only because of a profound desire in me to Seek Life...and Truth...and The Way...It is all good...Because everything I now desire is In Him...

I have even "seen" in my living room a vision of a "golden arm and sword" holding up The Word...

I know that the "Word of God" is The Sword of the Spirit...Whew...Oh Yes It Is!!! See Ephesians 6:17 and Hebrews 4:12

And most recently over and over...With the works that I have been given to do...hearing over and over the reason..."you are preparing for Revival"...My my...It has also helped in my walk to read about people of faith that have gone on before us...God will lead us into it if need be...He will quicken our spirits...Leading and Guiding...

Much Love In Him, Kathy

As I made mention of above. . . . it was not what happened to you that made me sad. . .that is joyous because you came to know the Lord. . .I am sorry for the confusion. . .it was in regard to those who are "in wait" looking for an experience rather than looking strictly at God. I have known people who have turned away from God because they are not inline with those who have had these experiences, I have also known people who have been removed from churches and left churches due to the accusation that they are not saved unless they witness such a thing. . .that is what I was getting at with it being sad. . . again, sorry for the confusion.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

My brother In Christ... :bighug: I understand exactly what you are saying: Some beliefs get all misunderstood...I agree...That's why it was so important for me to go totally after God Because I Had Tried Depending On People (People without God) But Eventually Recognizing He was the Only One That Could Help me...and let me just say this too...It seems as if I don't depend upon people at all-because I just talk God-God-God...but now I do...It's just that the ones that I do trust and believe and listen to or read what they write are proven to be indwelled and led By The Spirit of God...It took me a long time to recognize the difference.

Try this on for size: Try finding yourself in the midst of people that don't recognize God at all and you (being called out in the midst) find yourself depending on them for everything-you have been changed and they haven't but depending on them for things like groceries, place to live etc. etc. I feel like Joseph beyond imagination...in prison so to speak...oh my needs are met by unbelievers...At first I was so afraid but now I recognize that God is in Charge of me and where I am...and there is a reason because I was created for His Purposes...I have no idea why I just wrote that...All I know is-it is true...Oh God You Are So Good...

Still Loving you In Him, Kathy