• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.

– C.H. Spurgeon –

So what does it mean to worry and to be anxious? Why are these things so detrimental to our faith and strength?

Below are just a few scriptures to begin the discussion and I would love for more to be brought in to be discussed. .

But for starters, what do you think these scriptures mean and what do you get out of them?

Mathew 6:34

34 "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

Psalm 55:22

22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

Psalm 46:1

"God is our refuge and strength, a ever present help in trouble."

Psalm 121:1-2 "

I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth."

Proverbs 12:25 "

An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up."

So what do you think worrying does to an individual and what do you think should be done to "stop" worrying- or can it even be done away with?

God bless you and I look forward to some good discussion!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Amen. Good post.

Amen. Good post.

Thank you for your encouragement Tinky- is very much appreciated.

Bless you Sister.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Worry is a common temptation in life--for many it is a favorite pastime.I came from a country that has so many worries in itself.Worry is a sin.And for the Christian, it is absolutely contrary to faith in Christ.Jesus prohibited worry on the Sermon on the Mount- Matthew 6:25-34 three times in the passage He commanded," Do not worry"v.25 He acknowledges worry as a common practice and says "Stop worrying",in verses 31 and 34,He even use the same word mean"Dont even start worrying".To continue worrying about anything, or to start worrying in the first place, is to violate the Lord's command.If you worry, what kind of faith do you manifest? "Little faith," according to Jesus (Matt. 6:30). Now if you are a child of God, by definition you have a Heavenly Father.

To act like you don't,if you ask"What shall I eat? What shall I drink? With what shall I clothe myself?"--is to act like an unbeliever in God's eyes (vv. 31-32).

Christians who worry believe God can redeem them take them from hell to heaven, put them into His kingdom, and give them eternal life and not thinking He can get them through for a couple of days?Ridiculous, isnt it? We can believe for the greater gift and not believe for the lesser.This is an embarassing lack of faith.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/17/1971

Thanks for posting this jacob yes it sure does cheer me up and im sure it will the others hugs lil brother and may God bless you

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Jacob really nice post. When God reveals stuff to you, you get inspired to share, i love that. You have Daniel's Spirit about you. Have you read much about him? He was young. He had great foundation in his life. Strong faith. The best thing was he owned his convictions. Some young people and even some adults grew up with mom and dad convictions so to speak or they adopted beliefs of the church, they really didnt have their own convictions, this is when you find out if you own them when things come up in your life. People being compromised, new temptations, etc to allure them away from God. But going on with the story of daniel he wasn't afraid of being corrupted he had a strong faith. He adapted to this culture he was brought into but he didnt adopt it as his own. God used in so many ways. Just sharing.

blessings,

desi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Nice post Brother Jacob - thank you.

:heart: I just want to thank each and everyone of you all for your encouragement. It means so much! :heart:

:king: Bless you all in the Lords name! :king:

As you can see I have greatly edited this thread in hopes of discussion rather than be complimentary. . so with that being said, I look forward to your responses!!!