• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I'm really thankful that you put what you did up there. It really encouraged me through all the things that I am going through....God bless you! :24:

Welcome to Worthy!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I'm really thankful that you put what you did up there. It really encouraged me through all the things that I am going through....God bless you! :huh:

Welcome to Worthy!

Ditto

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

As I am reading through the post I am reminded of the letters released from mother Teresa. We see that she also had times of great darkness, but we see by her fruit that she endured. She kept doing what God called her to do. I think this is a great testament to endurance. Even one who's life is a testament to faith will faced great doubts and dark times. Tsth also provided a great post on how the Apostles had great times of struggle as well. Paul refers to the thorn he endures. Our endurance is the real testament to our faith. We may claim to have faith, but that does not mean we really have faith. Endurance is a measurement of faith. If our faith is grounded in sandy soil it blooms yet dies. How do we ground our faith in good soil?

god Bless,

K.D.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

God never said we are to have the easy life, on the contrary its the opposite, but what sweet joy lies ahead! :whistling::noidea:

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1Pe 1:4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you,

1Pe 1:5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

1Pe 1:6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials,

1Pe 1:7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith--more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire--may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Dear Eddie and Kansasdad,

I am reminded of these passages as well, that don't seem to be preached on today, for the preparation of Christians:

Luke 14

27 And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple. 28 "Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it? 29 For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, 30 saying, 'This fellow began to build and was not able to finish.' 31 "Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Will he not first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32 If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace. 33 In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple. 34 "Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? 35 It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out. "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

In His Love,

Suzanne

Dear Eddie and Kansasdad,

I am reminded of these passages as well, that don't seem to be preached on today, for the preparation of Christians:

Luke 14

27 And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple. 28 "Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it? 29 For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, 30 saying, 'This fellow began to build and was not able to finish.' 31 "Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Will he not first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32 If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace. 33 In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple. 34 "Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? 35 It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out. "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

In His Love,

Suzanne

Yea your right, no true bible preaching going on much these days.Oh well! Even so come LORD Jesus!

I wonder if those passages from Luke 14 would be applicable to the "salted by fire" issue???

Food for thought.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I wonder if those passages from Luke 14 would be applicable to the "salted by fire" issue???

Food for thought.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I think so if i get what your driving at? Lets see, Holy Spirit(fire) filled preacher, preaches word of God to Holy Spirit filled people and love of Christ(salt) flows through us to others.

Food for thought.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I think so if i get what your driving at? Lets see, Holy Spirit(fire) filled preacher, preaches word of God to Holy Spirit filled people and love of Christ(salt) flows through us to others.

Gee Eddie, you mean you can't read my mind???? :taped: (Sorry, I guess I was a bit vague)

Actually, I was referring to the fact that there will be a "hardship" to this walk that must be considered, and wondering if that is what the "salted with fire" was referring to.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Food for thought.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Gee Eddie, you mean you can't read my mind???? :mgfrog: (Sorry, I guess I was a bit vague)

Actually, I was referring to the fact that there will be a "hardship" to this walk that must be considered, and wondering if that is what the "salted with fire" was referring to.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Ok.I gotcha now.Yea, I would agree to that, the N.T. is full of verses that atest to we will go through hard trails sometimes, didnt Jesus and the apostles?

I was just thinking of who is supoose to be telling us this so we know when to expect and deal with them when they come.