IGNORED

A Good Rep of Jesus Christ & How to Avoid False Doctrine?

Six-strings

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello and thank you for sharing.

I should have given you some background information. I am not new to Christianity. I was saved as a child. I watched as my mother's heart was broken by church gossip and my father lost his way in the divorce. I believe in God with all my heart and soul. I believe in Jesus and live my life according to His teachings. The main reason I'm having difficulty finding a church is the prejudice they display towards the gay community. That is not the example our Lord Jesus Christ set for us. It is God's job to judge not ours, right? That was part of the Sermon on the Mount. That is not a Loving attitude to have and to be honest I think it is a disgrace to Our Lord. Sometimes it seems like the church has become like the pharisees that hung Our Lord on that cross, with the help of the Romans, I know.

I find the Episcopalian faith the most tolerant of gays and the least Baptist, but the main issue I have is the separation of the church by way of denominations. How can I represent Christianity when so many fellow followers are so hateful they are an embarrassment and seem to be the only ones making the evening news. Those people protesting at funerals are disgraceful. I don't want people to think of me that way when I say I'm a Christian. So basically the point I'm getting at is why can't we all just agree and have 1 denomination called Christian and start Loving one another as Jesus taught.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

I should have given you some background information. I am not new to Christianity. I was saved as a child. I watched as my mother's heart was broken by church gossip and my father lost his way in the divorce. I believe in God with all my heart and soul. I believe in Jesus and live my life according to His teachings. The main reason I'm having difficulty finding a church is the prejudice they display towards the gay community. That is not the example our Lord Jesus Christ set for us. It is God's job to judge not ours, right? That was part of the Sermon on the Mount. That is not a Loving attitude to have and to be honest I think it is a disgrace to Our Lord. Sometimes it seems like the church has become like the pharisees that hung Our Lord on that cross, with the help of the Romans, I know.

I find the Episcopalian faith the most tolerant of gays and the least Baptist, but the main issue I have is the separation of the church by way of denominations. How can I represent Christianity when so many fellow followers are so hateful they are an embarrassment and seem to be the only ones making the evening news. Those people protesting at funerals are disgraceful. I don't want people to think of me that way when I say I'm a Christian. So basically the point I'm getting at is why can't we all just agree and have 1 denomination called Christian and start Loving one another as Jesus taught.

Thanks so much for this testimony...:)

I am curious as to what you mean by "tolerant"...since it seems to have so many shades of meaning now-days..

As far as denominations, as long as we agree on the foundational or core tenets of Christianity..."orthodox doctrine"...such as the Virgin Birth, Deity of Christ, His physical resurrection, the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ, and the like...then we are in fact a "Christian" denomination (if that makes any sense).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hello, Six-strings:

You might appreciate the video posted here:

(Videos can only be posted in the video forum, so I have to direct you there rather than post it here.)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Thanks so much for this testimony... :)

I am curious as to what you mean by "tolerant"...since it seems to have so many shades of meaning now-days..

I'm curious as well. What does "tolerant" mean to you Six-Strings?

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

I find the Episcopalian faith the most tolerant of gays and the least Baptist, but the main issue I have is the separation of the church by way of denominations. A. How can I represent Christianity when so many fellow followers are so hateful they are an embarrassment and seem to be the only ones making the evening news. Those people protesting at funerals are disgraceful. I don't want people to think of me that way when I say I'm a Christian. B. So basically the point I'm getting at is why can't we all just agree and have 1 denomination called Christian and start Loving one another as Jesus taught.

A. From what I've seen in the news there's plenty about murderers, dirty politicians, sex scandals, etc. That's what I see in the news and it saddens me when I watch it/read it. Perhaps sometimes there's a lot of focus in a negative light on people who claim Christ from certain stations such as CNN or MSNBC... Take Westboro for example.

I agree protesting at funerals in a certain manner is pretty terrible. However, not speaking the truth at all is not the answer either. Do you believe that homosexuality is a sin?

B. There is one Church yet there are many various groups within the Church. From what I can tell Jesus Christ wants unity in the Body not uniformity. Not everyone will see things exactly the same way. And that's okay. We still need eyes, ears, tongues, mouths, toes, hands, etc. each with their own unique purpose. We don't all have to look the same but we should all aspire to grow in our walk to have the mind of Christ.

Would agree there's a difference between unity and uniformity?

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

There are those of us who know the answers you seek... not that there is anything special about us... we simply take God's word for it. We typically go through phases of trying to share these answers with the many... most aren't interested. They want the institutional version of Christianity. The Church organization as it were, rather than the Church organism... which is what the Church is really all about. Take for example the division of the Church organization which every Church denomination accepts (clergy / laity).

1 Peter 2:3-11 (KJV)

3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Revelation 1:6 (KJV)

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10 (KJV)

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The King James and Greek here are a variant of the intent of God for the nation Israel:

Exodus 19:6 (KJV)

6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

So we are a kingdom of priests to God every one of us. The Jews in the wilderness fell while Moses was up on the Mount of God getting the Law (Old Covenant) instructions. See Exodus 32. And because of that fall, only a tribe of the people could be priests... the Levites... the one tribe who rallied to Moses' side in the judgment of the people's return to pagan Egyptian practices... This division was not to be carried forth into the New Covenant (Christianity). Yet ever since the Roman abduction of the faith (circa 325 CE), many ungodly things have been traditionally practices or defined as part of the faith under the Church organization category.

Mark 7:13 (KJV)

13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Mark 7:13 (NIV)

13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

Typically we get worn down by the sheer stubborn will of people (believer's) who refuse to relinquish the traditions they are familiar with or that they love (which pluck harp strings in their hearts bent on addiction to religion and rituals and rites of passage). We get pummeled for trying to shed the light of truth on the darkness they cling to... and after years of trying we get burned out (old fashion expression for powering down)...

And once in a while we get a bur under our saddle and speak out... like right now... but most ignore it or think I'm a kook or arrogant or anything it takes to dismiss the message I just passed along to all. And back to the norm...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

2 Peter 1:20-21 (NASB95)

20 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation,

21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

John 14:26 (NASB95)

26 “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

John 16:13 (NASB95)

13 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (NASB95)

21 But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good;

1 John 4:1 (NASB95)

1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Acts 17:11 (NASB95)

11 Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

John 17:17 (NASB95)

17 “Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NASB95)

16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Psalm 138:2 (KJV)

2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 (KJV)

13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 (NASB95)

13 For this reason we also constantly thank God that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe.

Guest Butero

<<< Split from this thread:

I believe this one is worth discussing in it's own thread/topic.

God bless,

GE >>>

Hi, new here. I have a couple of questions, if that's okay?

How do I become an Honorable representative of Jesus Christ? His Love is so Wonderful and Pure I know I'm not "worthy".

Jesus says, "beware of false doctrine". I've gone through so many doctrines now and I still haven't found one that "i think" follows Jesus's Teachings w/o "false doctrine" involved. How do I figure this out?

Know the Bible for yourself, and don't go by what feels right. When you don't understand something, ask God to reveal the truth to you through the Holy Spirit, who was sent down to earth to be our teacher and guide. If any religion doesn't match up with scripture, stay away from it. At the same time, recognize that no person has all truth, so there will be some error in any church. Just make sure it isn't on things that are essential to the faith.

I would also recommend that you use a KJV Bible. It is the only one I fully trust. That is my personal recommendation, so you can take it or leave it.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

One of the greatest plagues in Christianity is the perversion of the definition of Love (agape). There is a very destructive Antichrist spirit that is parading around the church of God accusing Christians of hatred and intolerance because they do not accept the sin of others freely within their assemblies through hand in hand or open arm policy.

God is Love.

The sin of homosexuality is an abomination in the sight of God and those who partake in such evil deeds will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Come out from among them and be separate and I will receive you is what God said. I tolerate homosexuals as I do not judge their sin by throwing stones at them or take them out and beat them accordingly. Instead, when I find out through casual contact and conversation that someone is a homosexual, I love them by explaining to them exactly why their homosexuality is evil in the sight of God. I simply tell them the truth about their sin and let God decide if he would like to judge them based upon what they do with the truth that they are given. I do not openly associate with unrepentant homosexuals except to give them an understanding of how God has led me to see homosexuality as a sin and why.

For the purpose of full disclosure, I have had homosexual relations with men. I have repented of the evil that I have done and absolutely abhor my having disgraced the beauty of human sexual relations that God ordained between men and women that represent a physical way to understand the spiritual act of becoming one spirit with the Lord our God.

Peace is only in Christ. Save a homosexual today. Lead them to repentance.

Guest Butero

One of the greatest plagues in Christianity is the perversion of the definition of Love (agape). There is a very destructive Antichrist spirit that is parading around the church of God accusing Christians of hatred and intolerance because they do not accept the sin of others freely within their assemblies through hand in hand or open arm policy.

God is Love.

The sin of homosexuality is an abomination in the sight of God and those who partake in such evil deeds will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Come out from among them and be separate and I will receive you is what God said. I tolerate homosexuals as I do not judge their sin by throwing stones at them or take them out and beat them accordingly. Instead, when I find out through casual contact and conversation that someone is a homosexual, I love them by explaining to them exactly why their homosexuality is evil in the sight of God. I simply tell them the truth about their sin and let God decide if he would like to judge them based upon what they do with the truth that they are given. I do not openly associate with unrepentant homosexuals except to give them an understanding of how God has led me to see homosexuality as a sin and why.

For the purpose of full disclosure, I have had homosexual relations with men. I have repented of the evil that I have done and absolutely abhor my having disgraced the beauty of human sexual relations that God ordained between men and women that represent a physical way to understand the spiritual act of becoming one spirit with the Lord our God.

Peace is only in Christ. Save a homosexual today. Lead them to repentance.

It took a lot of courage to admit that. Yes, homosexuality is a sin, and like all other sins, there is forgiveness through faith in Jesus Chirst. May the Lord bless and keep you, and thanks for sharing that testimony.