IGNORED

Pot Stirring 4 - Favoritism?

ayin jade

sure, there is bad favoritism, because it is based on superficial, unimportant things. If I treated all women equally, my wife would be upset with me!

:24: :24: :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

• 2Ch 19:7 Wherefore now let the fear of the LORD be upon you; take heed and do [it]: for [there is] no iniquity with the LORD our God, nor respect of persons, nor taking of gifts.
  • Pro 24:23 These [things] also [belong] to the wise. [it is] not good to have respect of persons in judgment.
  • Pro 28:21 To have respect of persons [is] not good: for for a piece of bread [that] man will transgress.
  • Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
  • Eph 6:9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.
  • Col 3:25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
  • Jam 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, [the Lord] of glory, with respect of persons.
  • 1Pe 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning [here] in fear:
  • Deu 1:17 Ye shall not respect persons in judgment; [but] ye shall hear the small as well as the great; ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment [is] God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, bring [it] unto me, and I will hear it.
  • Deu 16:19 Thou shalt not wrest judgment; thou shalt not respect persons, neither take a gift: for a gift doth blind the eyes of the wise, and pervert the words of the righteous.
  • Jam 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

The above are examples of favoritism based solely on advantage which is bad. As was said earlier, we are allowed to reward or discriminate based upon solid godly principles.

Guest Butero

Favoritism to me is when you have a set of rules in place, but people aren't treated in an impartial manner. A person might be given preferential treatment because they hold the same views as those in charge, are a family member or a friend, etc. It can also occur in hiring for a job, where a friend or family member is given a job over someone more qualified. It can be the result of bribes being given? It all depends on the circumstance. In the Bible, there is an example given concerning one person who comes into church that has a lot of money being shown favoritism over a person who is poor.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I hate favoritism...it's hurtful and enforce division. It does not operate in the spirit of God...giving honor where honor is due. It's usually when a person or group has power to cut one down and grant lean way to the other...they prefer more.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

We serve an impartial God, and we should strive to be impartial.

James 3:17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.