Tornado Targets Conservatives....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Seriously? Is there no low these people won't sink to? I've never heard of this comedian before, but I guess she is getting some news now.

http://www.dailymail...tive-tweet.html

She stated after the fact, that she made the political 'joke' before she knew of the devastation, which I'm sure was true, but why a tornado is any kind of joke

is really, IMO, not at all funny.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

She's a liberal, and thus above reproach.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

This is the problem with social media; it's far too easy to "run off at the mouth" without taking the time to consider one's words. I have been guilty of this myself on a few occasions. I know she's a comedian and constantly seeking to be snarky and/or her version of funny, but the fact remains that trying to turn a natural disaster into a joke. Even if no one had died, it would not have been a funny joke. Lives are invariably changed and impacted during any tornado. Perhaps she did not know the extent of the devastation at the time of her initial tweet, but the fact remains that 2 lives were lost and untold numbers of others impacted by other tornadoes just one day earlier in the same area of the state. The point being, she exercised truly poor judgment in thinking that the subject was one to be made light of. I'd say she's never been near to one of these things if she can be so flippant about them. I've come too close for comfort to more than one of these things in my life and seen the terrible destruction left behind. Even when everyone survives, their lives are forever changed.

She's a liberal, and thus above reproach.

If you read the article, even some of her fans are quite put off. I never heard of her before this, but then, I don't watch the daily show either and you would be hard pressed to find me on Twitter LOL!

This is the problem with social media; it's far too easy to "run off at the mouth" without taking the time to consider one's words. I have been guilty of this myself on a few occasions. I know she's a comedian and constantly seeking to be snarky and/or her version of funny, but the fact remains that trying to turn a natural disaster into a joke. Even if no one had died, it would not have been a funny joke. Lives are invariably changed and impacted during any tornado. Perhaps she did not know the extent of the devastation at the time of her initial tweet, but the fact remains that 2 lives were lost and untold numbers of others impacted by other tornadoes just one day earlier in the same area of the state. The point being, she exercised truly poor judgment in thinking that the subject was one to be made light of. I'd say she's never been near to one of these things if she can be so flippant about them. I've come too close for comfort to more than one of these things in my life and seen the terrible destruction left behind. Even when everyone survives, their lives are forever changed.

Yup. I agree. Maybe she will think twice next time before she lets us know the mechanisms of her thought processes ...her remark was not well received by anyone according to the article

I don't find a natural disaster fodder for a joke even, as you say, no one suffered injury or death

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

it was a light hearted attempt at humor spoken without much thought. Was it appropriate? no. But, its also something we have all done, at one time or another, so we should extend said person the same leeway we would like and forgive and forget.

I gotta say patriot, I find that funny coming from you...it was a political jab was what it was and inappropriate...which she now knows.

Me? I am sure I have never said anything inappropriate :help:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Forgive Her

Amen! :)

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I have this theory that if you somehow package something with wit and humour then not only are you seen as being 'sharp' and therefore intelligent, it means that what you say must therefore be right.

I believe liberals having lower moral standards, are more likely to target their political enemies with callous wit and cruel humour. This makes them seem progressive and makes conservatives look slow, dim-witted, too serious and ultimately lacking in information. Therefore what conservatives say and think must be based on ignorance and therefore wrong.

It's a clever tool designed to make the enemy look like a buffoon. Sharp wits, fast-paced jokes and rebellious comedy also appeals to young people so it's a devious way to corrupt young minds.

It's also a clever way of removing freedom of speech, because how can a society not be free if controversial outspoken comedy is in fashion? Well, obviously, what appears to be controversial is becoming the norm, and the norm is becoming controversial - but many people fail to realise that.

In this case, of course, the joke backfired, but if it had been a success, the progressives could have claimed some sort of moral superiority.

It's all a sign that we are approaching the end times. Expect to not only be persecuted and harrassed, but to be lampooned too. Conservatives, Christians and all forms of moral decency will be ridiculed, laughed at, made to look stupid, dubbed out-dated and bullied at every opportunity. It's not that we don't have the intelligence or wit to fight back, it's just that we have boundaries!