IGNORED

Did Jesus Claim Divinity or Prophethood?

Guest Nazim Ali

Guest Nazim Ali
Because they Love God... Because they Love the truth....Because they agree with the 10 commandments because they are good.

But even those who love what is good will still fail to live up to what is good. Every man sins no matter how self controlled he is. God cannot accept sinners into eternity with Him For He is perfect. God has made a way for us to be made perfect and that is not by our good deeds, deeds that can never remove our sinful deeds and sinful thoughts, No. But it is through our belief in and our embracing of his mercy his forgiveness his grace brought to us through The Messiah Jesus.

Those who embrace the salvation through Jesus are admitting that they are not worthy and can never make themselves worthy of the incredible gift of eternity with God. To accept Jesus as ones savior is the ultimate act of repentance it is an act of being in agreement with God and in that heart felt agreement we are forgiven. Is it not just to have mercy on those who are repentant? can you not see the beauty of the love of God for us through Jesus our Redeemer?

Our lawless deeds are covered by the blood of Jesus because we believe in Him.

According to what YOU said, we can only be saved by believing in Jesus, so i will ask again, what happens to those before the time of Jesus(peace be upon him)? Are they all going to hell because they didnt live during his time to have a chance to believe? Or will God judge them based on their deeds?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

According to what YOU said, we can only be saved by believing in Jesus, so i will ask again, what happens to those before the time of Jesus(peace be upon him)? Are they all going to hell because they didnt live during his time to have a chance to believe? Or will God judge them based on their deeds?

I think this is a valid question and this brother deserves an answer. I, too, ask myself that question, because indeed our God is a merciful God and His mercy endureth forever.

I found an interesting verse the other day in the Book of Acts:

Acts 10:34,35 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Guest Nazim Ali
I think this is a valid question and this brother deserves an answer. I, too, ask myself that question, because indeed our God is a merciful God and His mercy endureth forever.

I found an interesting verse the other day in the Book of Acts:

Acts 10:34,35 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Thank you!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

OA,

By Faith in God's Word. Jesus Christ is the Revelation of that Word.

I already answered this friend of ours. :wub::wub:

How was Abraham Just?

For that manner how was Enoch translated?

If this man as he claims is a son of Abraham? He will do his works. He will Live by Faith in God's Word. We are Justified by Faith and Faith alone in God's Word.

Hab 2:4

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Heb 10:38

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

God's Word very clearly states that there is no other name under heaven by which men are Saved. Jesus Christ.

God's Word very clearly defines who Jesus Christ is and what He has done in the redemptive plan of God.

I'm sorry I'm just too darn stupid to get it. So I defer to God's Word. :thumbsup:

God is just not Universalistic. He has spoken. :wub: Straight is the gate and narrow the way.

God Bless you richly.

Peace,

Dave

Guest Nazim Ali
God's Word very clearly states that there is no other name under heaven by which men are Saved. Jesus Christ.

According to what you said, everyone is going to hell before Jesus(peace be upon him) time. And if im wrong, please show me where in the Bible it says they wont? Because your stance is if you dont belive in Jesus(peace be upon him) youll go to hell,

Peace be upon you and I hope you try to SEEK the Truth, not what you want to believe or hear

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice...

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death...

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark...

8 By faith Abraham, ...obeyed; ...

11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive ...

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

20 By faith Isaac...

21 By faith Jacob...

22 By faith Joseph,...

23 By faith Moses,...

31 By faith the harlot Rahab...

32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and o] the prophets: 33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. 35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: 36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: 37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; 38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: 40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

They trusted in the one true God for salvation and He credited it to them, in the promise of Jesus. That means that they worshipped God and trusted Him. They placed their salvation in Him, knowing that Messiah would come. That does not contradict the bible at all. For they placed their salvation in Him, before He came. Their is no other name under heaven by which mankind can be saved. Jesus, Messiah, Son of God, Lord....Savior. Praise the Lord for His mercy and grace.

Guest Nazim Ali
They trusted in the one true God for salvation and He credited it to them, in the promise of Jesus. That means that they worshipped God and trusted Him. They placed their salvation in Him, knowing that Messiah would come. That does not contradict the bible at all. For they placed their salvation in Him, before He came. Their is no other name under heaven by which mankind can be saved. Jesus, Messiah, Son of God, Lord....Savior. Praise the Lord for His mercy and grace.

Where did all the prophets before his time stated, "I believe in Jesus(peace be upon him) and I will be saved only by him?"

Please show me where in the Bible it states this. I want to read it for myself.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Read the bible Nazim. The entire bible points to Jesus. Now you know that the verse about there is no other name under heaven by which man can be saved refers to Jesus Himself, not just His name, but whom He is, Jesus, Messiah, Lord.

But for starters.........

Isaiah 53

1 Who has believed our message

and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?

2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,

and like a root out of dry ground.

He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,

nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

3 He was despised and rejected by men,

a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.

Like one from whom men hide their faces

he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he took up our infirmities

and carried our sorrows,

yet we considered him stricken by God,

smitten by him, and afflicted.

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,

he was crushed for our iniquities;

the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,

and by his wounds we are healed.

6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,

each of us has turned to his own way;

and the LORD has laid on him

the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,

yet he did not open his mouth;

he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,

and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,

so he did not open his mouth.

8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away.

And who can speak of his descendants?

For he was cut off from the land of the living;

for the transgression of my people he was stricken.

9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,

and with the rich in his death,

though he had done no violence,

nor was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer,

and though the LORD makes his life a guilt offering,

he will see his offspring and prolong his days,

and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.

11 After the suffering of his soul,

he will see the light of life and be satisfied;

by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many,

and he will bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,

and he will divide the spoils with the strong,

because he poured out his life unto death,

and was numbered with the transgressors.

For he bore the sin of many,

and made intercession for the transgressors.

And there are many many more verses about Him.