guysmith

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The 70th Week of Daniel is a seven year period which begins with the confirmation of a covenant and ends

with the advent of Christ and the start of the Millennial rule of Christ. This seven year period can further be divided into four smaller periods of time. These period are outlined by Christ in Matthew 24:

1. The Beginning of Birth Pains (The first 3 ½ years) Matt24:1-14

2. The Great Tribulation (The second 3½ years) Matt 24:15-28

3. The Wonders in the Heavens Matt 24:29

4. The Day of the Lord

2555 days

The Bible provides us with the durations of these four periods which total 2555 days exactly. Start by multiplying the seven years that make up the tribulation period by 365 days that make up a year (7 x 365= 2555 Days).

(Though the Jewish calendar was made of 360 days, ancient scholars were aware of 365 days years. To make their calendar work, they would add, every six years, an additional 30 day month.)

We begin with the two periods that are recognized by most.

1. The Great Tribulation Period which has a duration of 1260 days. Rev12:6
  2. The Day of the Lord is one day. 2 Peter 3:10c.
  3. The duration of the Wonders in the Heavens can be found in the account of the two witnesses Revelation 11:3. It is the 3 ½ days that they lay dead on the streets of Jerusalem. Notice that they do their works for the 1260 days of the GT, lay dead in Jerusalem for 3 ½ days then are resurrected on The Day of the Lord.
  4. The remaining 1290 days of The Beginning of Birth Pains can be found in Daniel 12:11.

In review:

1. The Beginning of Birth Pains 1290 days

2. The Great Tribulation 1260 days

3. The Wonders in the Heavens 3 ½ rounded up to 4 days

4. The Day of the Lord 1 day

Grand total of 2555 days or seven years to the day.

JMHO

In Yehoshua,

Guy Smith

Edited by guysmith

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Guy

The 1290 day period of Dan 12 follow the A/D which is mid Trib. as the extra 45 day period (1,335 days) also follows the A/D

The Day of the Lord in 2 Peter 3:10 occurs just before the New Heaven and the New Earth. Nothing to do with the upcoming Tribulation.

Daniel 9:27 states that he will make a covenant with many (first), then in the middle of the 70th week he will set up the A/D, then the extra 30 and 45 day periods of Dan 12.

The birth pains are in Matt 24:4-8. Many of them are going on now; and have for many years.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

The figure of a 7 year period is eerily present in Islamic predictions of the end of history as well as modern Christian interpretations.

Different from both is the concept of the year of Jubilee - seven times seven years plus one.   At the end of seven weeks of seven years, according to OT quotes of God's wishes there shall be a fiftieth year.  The fiftieth year is called the year of Jubilee and much that was done in the forty nine years that preceded it is overturned in the year of Jubilee.

The next Jubilee year, depending upon how one reads the Hebrew calendar, is 2018.

The last Jubilee year was 1968.

In the previous year, the Israeli Defense Force captured Jerusalem.   It was the first time in over 2500 years that Jerusalem was in the possession of a sovereign Jewish state.

Jesus said that Jerusalem would be trodden down until the times of the gentiles was fulfilled.   That time was 1967.   The next year was Jubilee and the entire globe shuddered from a massive cultural paradigm shift.

Robert Kennedy and Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. were assassinated.   Riots broke out in every major American city.   In Europe cultural changes swept left and right nearly changing the map of the continent.  The Soviet Union feared it would lose its east European influence.   Britain feared its government would be overthrown and in France it was.  French President Charles DeGaulle dissolved the French government and had to flee to Germany to negotiate a new French republic.

The Tet offensive began in Viet Nam ultimately leading to an American defeat in SouthEast Asia.

The movie Rosemary's Baby opened and was globally accepted and applauded.  It was the first satanic movie to be applauded and generally accepted.  

The Broadway musical Hair opened to rave reviews and brought New Age philosophy and the Age of Aquarius to the attention of everyone for the first time.

A long complete list of the events of 1968 can be provided upon request - or the reader can simply do their own homework.   It was a horrendous year and that's a fact.

and 2017 is right around the corner.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by rjp34652

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

how about the generations?

Psa 90:10  The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Isa 23:15  And it shall come to pass in that day, that Tyre shall be forgotten seventy years, according to the days of one king: after the end of seventy years shall Tyre sing as an harlot. 

if we consider the birth of Israel in 1948 to be an initial sign of the times...and consider 70-80 years to be the average span of a generation...

Mat 24:32  Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 
Mat 24:33  So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 
Mat 24:34  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 

then hypothetically, Christ would return between 2018-2028.  

so hypothetically of course, if we subtract Daniel's 70th week from this then a rapture would be possible between 2011-2021... or right now of course if the fullness of the Gentiles be come in..

or right now.. or now.. or now?

nope, still here.   :)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

The thing about numbers is that we have to interpret them properly.  Whenever the end comes, I'm sure we will be shown how the length of a generation, punishment times (e.g. 1260 and 7 times) and other such quantities all fit together perfectly so that the time of the end is a specific date indeed.  The problem is, I'm not sure any human mind is capable of putting something like this together without overlooking some other numerical value in scripture. 

And the reason we can disagree is that one person is perhaps legitimately pointing out a numerical pattern the next guy overlooked, and vice versa, so that neither works out.  Then a third guy comes along and uses both and comes up with yet another, etc etc until I'm convinced that we need a supercomputer to do it so that no quantities contradict the other.  Get my drift?  Now that being said, let me give my own example using the dates mentioned so far.

One here mentioned a jubilee year in 1968.  OK.  Why can't the end be within two jubilees?  That brings us to 1968+49+49 = 2066

And again, 120 is significant (mentioned in Genesis 6) adding to the birth of Israel as a nation:

1948 + 120 = 2068.

Then.... along comes Sir Isaac Newton who claimed that the world would end no earlier than 2060.

To this he stated,

"This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, and by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail."

which is why Sir Isaac Newton, in his wisdom, was also a physicist and mathematician and not a TV evangelist selling charts.  :laugh:

And, if I look at it another way, I got the dates 2018 and 2019 by calculation. Obviously, I'm all wet, too.  There is a way, but I know I'm not smart enough to figure it, even though I know calculus like Isaac Newton.  :grin:

To conclude, I'm not against charts, and I DO believe there's a specific day, but Christ said no man would be given a revelation to the day or hour --- we have to figure it out instead.  And without the Holy Spirit to help us, I think we can only approach a prophetic asymptote and get the ballpark figure, but after all is said and done will make perfect sense.  Hindsight is 20/20.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

One other thing..... I don't see Guy Smith date setting thus far, but rather just breaking down the Tribulation and end times by Daniel's prophetic numbers.  Nothing wrong in that.