IGNORED

young creation?

Guest Be real

Guest Be real

That makes sense. I mean, no one ever argues that the universe couldn't have been made in 6 days because Adam, Eve, and all other creatures needed so many years to become adults. I just wonder, why the light? Why do people make the arguement for light and not argue about the creatures?

I would like to know when we start believing? There isn't proof of 6 days, nor is there proof of Jesus rising from the dead. It's called faith. How come people have faith of Jesus rising from the dead, other miracles, God's unconditional love, but not have faith that he is able to create the universe in his own amazing and miraculous way?

Anyway, just some thoughts.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/18/1976

Slippery,

Check out Answers in Genesis

Also I have given you instances where the Bible does show that God creates with apparant age.

Be real,

You are right about the faith issue...glad to know you are open to the understanding that God could in fact create in 6 literal days. Check out the above website for an excellent treatment on the subject.

In Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Good reply Lekcit

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  105
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

Slippery,

Check out Answers in Genesis

Also I have given you instances where the Bible does show that God creates with apparant age.

Be real,

You are right about the faith issue...glad to know you are open to the understanding that God could in fact create in 6 literal days.  Check out the above website for an excellent treatment on the subject.

In Him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Lekcit, I'll check that link out.

I made some Kool-ade for lunch today and it was good. "Good" might mean the opposite of bad not that it was aged. It doesn't say it tasted like an aged wine or a finely aged wine. Some aged wines are not good and I would consider a finely aged wine to be better than just "good".

But that's just my opinion... :)

Still waiting

-SS

SS,

I would need to a more extensive word study to determine how far this goes but the NIV uses the word 'best' to refer to the water turned to wine. I suspect that an extensive word study would show that the original Greek would show that the word that was used there meant 'best' rather than just 'good.'

In Him.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/14/1979

I would like to know when we start believing? There isn't proof of 6 days, nor is there proof of Jesus rising from the dead. It's called faith. How come people have faith of Jesus rising from the dead, other miracles, God's unconditional love, but not have faith that he is able to create the universe in his own amazing and miraculous way?

Good point but even if I don't know whether God made the earth in six literal days, I still believe it was his own amazing and miraculous way. In fact, to have done it the way science (and I) would presume, it's even more amazing and miraculous!

Lekcit,

if we're going to be specific about what days he did what on and when light came in not the moon and the stars and all that, he actually first created the heavens and all the earth within a couple of verses and more importantly- in the dark! :taped:

Besides, 'Six literal days'? Literal days didn't even exist until the sun was made- as you pointed out, already quite a way into the week. :noidea:

Be real,

Not sure what you mean by the halo. I think what you are seeing is the material that new stars form from. It's gas that is slowly coming together (well quite fast but over millions of miles) and I think, in theory it does happen in or around our galaxy- it happens (or has happened) all over the universe but is observed more clearly in particular parts where young white stars are 'being' born.

Because the further you look, the further back you see- the brightest, youngest stars are often observed way back in time- and at the edges of what we see where much of space is filled with these clouds. If you were to be where they are and looking at us, our sun would probably still only just be pulling itself together from the 'halo'.

Edited by miyako_1984

Miyako,

Where is it written that you must have the sun to have a literal day? A literal day is defined as the passage of 24 hours. The sun is only the object that God gave us to provide light during that approximately 12 hours during which most of us engage in life. What do you in day 1 (Genesis 1:3)? Let there be light... You don't need the sun for a day and so therefore it is easy for the days to be literal 24 hour days.

Besides, your hypocrisy astounds me. First you say there is no way that the days of creation are 24 hour periods of time, although it is clear from the text that it is and the Bible is clear on that. But then your defense for why we can't know if they are literal days is because the sun wasn't created until day 4 uses a literal interpretation of Scripture. Now tell me, please, which is it? If you are going to interpret Genesis 1 figuratively, that's fine with me (although I can show you differently) but if you want to be figurative, don't use a literal interpretation to tell me I am wrong. It's either all or nothing. You can't pick and choose here...

In Him.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  105
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

SS,

I would need to a more extensive word study to determine how far this goes but the NIV uses the word 'best' to refer to the water turned to wine.  I suspect that an extensive word study would show that the original Greek would show that the word that was used there meant 'best' rather than just 'good.'

In Him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still waiting on that extensive word study. Since you make the claim I'll leave it to you to do the work. :b:

Where is it written that you must have the sun to have a literal day? A literal day is defined as the passage of 24 hours. The sun is only the object that God gave us to provide light during that approximately 12 hours during which most of us engage in life. What do you in day 1 (Genesis 1:3)? Let there be light... You don't need the sun for a day and so therefore it is easy for the days to be literal 24 hour days.

Umm, actually you DO need the sun to know what a day is. 24 hours (as well as our gregorian calendar) is measured by the sun and if you were on a different planet a "day" would be quite a different length of time. Without the earth revolving around the sun there is no time keeping on earth.

Still waiting

-SS

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  44
  • Birthday:  04/27/1963

Question for old earth creationists out there...not one of judgement, but of curiosity.

Adam and Eve were created on day 6. Their third son Seth was born when Adam was 130 years old. He was born after Cain killed Abel. The Fall also happened between day 6 and Seth being born. So day 6 could not have been an undetermined amount of time, even assuming we start at year 0 when Adam was created (even though we assume he was not created as an infant, but as a man). It is fair to say that day 6 could be at the most, maybe 110 years or so.

Also...

Besides, 'Six literal days'? Literal days didn't even exist until the sun was made- as you pointed out, already quite a way into the week.
The sun is not required to have a period of time be a day. There was already light and darkness in existence from day 1 and the days are divided by morning (light) and evening (darkness) and clearly not dependent on the sun existing.

Now my question...as old earthers say (at least all that I've heard) say that the 6 days, as well as other aspects of creation, are not literal, but figurative...at what point in Genesis do/can we start reading Genesis literally?

Thanks,

PC