• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Guy

You need to rethink your calculations.

The 1,290 day period does not start until the A/D is set up.  Which is the midpoint of Daniels 70th week according to Dan 9:27.  Both halves of the 70th week are each 1,260 days.  The first half is 1,260 days, the second half is 1,260 days, then the extra 30 and 45 days periods tacked on after the 70th week, then the Second Coming.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Montana,

I am going to post another chart, concerning the 2300 prophecy (Daniel 8), in a few days.  We can discuss the duration of the first half of the Trib at that time. 

In Yehoshua,

Guy Smith

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Whether or not Guy Smith is right or wrong, I have to commend his interest in at least trying to figure out the times of the end.  My favorite theologian in my avatar (Sir Isaac Newton) obcessively studied the book of Daniel and these days such as 1260, 1290, and 1335 plagued him for a long time.  He took more of a historicist view, i.e. each day is a year and counted those many years instead. He was reluctant to make any predictions, but did not believe the end was to come before 2060 at the soonest.

I believe there are two fulfillments of these numbers as E. W Bulliger did, a long and a short (literal days), the latter being more intense and called the "time of Jacob's trouble" where each of the tribes of Israel will experience the prophetic punishments to Israel.

For example, the book of Leviticus says that Israel will be punished "seven times" (years) = 7 x 360 or 2520 days (the Tribulation) AND 2520 years in exile--- these numbers are not just found in Daniel.

For example of the long fulfillment, when the tribe of Manasseh was taken captive by Assyria, 2520 years later brings us to the late 1700's, (1776).  When Judah was taken later in captivity and Jerusalem fell, that brought us to 1917.  Most people think of 1917 as WW1 days, but in fact it was the Balfour declaration in which that paved the way for the state of Israel to become a nation again in the land, and Judah could return once again in 1948. So the date 1917 is significant and is an example of the long fulfillment. 

What Guy Smith is attempting to figure out is the short fulfillment of that prophecy, and of course did not happen yet.

In addition, I'm suspecting that there are multiple overlaps of these numbers, i.e. there are several prophetically significant events spaced 1260, 1290 and 1335 days (years) apart, just as there are multiple fulfillments of the same prophecy.  So, even if Guy Smith is right in his analysis, if another person comes up with a similar time line may equally be correct, and one should not debate the other as to which on is right as they all may have truth in them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Date settings again? :foot-stomp:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Date settings again? :foot-stomp:

No, nothing I see here in this thread hints at setting dates so far, but just to correlate the prophetic numbers in Daniel to future events.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

You know...I grew up with mom telling me that the end of the world was just about every year for 17 years, to be ready. Ohhh here it comes it's definitely this year again! etc... Well...I finally figured out that time is non-existent in the Bible. The Bible always speaks in the present for some reason. Depends how your perception of time is of course when reading it... 

Anyways, there is a reason why we aren't suppose to know when the end is here. If we knew, we would try to repent of our sins before leaving this place. God wants us in our natural state of heart, in the way we lived our lives and served Him. And when the end comes, it will be like a thief in the night, no one will be expecting or know of the rapture when it is near.