ray

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Hello! All, I need some advice about communion. I have changed churches because change was needed. Anyway, I'm also changing commounion from every Sunday to once a month. Despite how often I should take it and all those areguments I already know............ I'm faced with a delima with a new church have been attending for just about 2 months now. This coming Sunday would be the first Sunday I have the chance to take communion at this church. My delima since this church only offers it once a month is that they serve it at the evening service only apperntly. I would think with a huge church 400 plus member that they would try to have communion at both morning service. I can't make the Sunday evening service and I feel like I'm being denied an important part of church and that is communion. My delima is I don't know if I should stay a this church or move to a church that offers communion on Sunday mornings.

Thanks for your help and advice,

ray

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I cannot advise you; but for my money I would not go to a church that didn't take the eucharist seriously.

If it 'does nothing' in the believers' lives, don't waste their time at all with it. If it is efficacious, then don't monkey around and offer it just once in a while.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Ray,

You don't have to take it at church. Jesus has made us a kingdom of priests and you can just get some juice and crackers and read the word and take it at home as often as you wish. I have taken it at home and at work and church.

Don't ditch the church for this reason. My church offers communion every week privately if you just ask a deacon they will give it to you but we too, have it corporately, usually at the evening service, I think mostly because there are a lot of guests in the morning services and they don't want people taking communion if they don't know what they are doing.

Be careful of offenses. :thumbsup: