• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Good for you Zoe,

I have been an serious D&D fan, fantasy fan since i was at high school,(long time ago) and recently a Harry Potter Fan, but when I got saved (just recently) I threw out all my D&D books and Dungeon Master guide/games. Did you notice how hard it was to do? I had a splitting headache for about three days!

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

If it doesn't bring honor and glory to Jesus Christ it isn't worth having anyway.

"A man is no fool who gives up that which he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." -- Jim Elliot, missionary to South America - martyred.

LT

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/28/1989

Good for you Zoe,

I have been an serious D&D fan, fantasy fan since i was at high school,(long time ago) and recently a Harry Potter Fan, but when I got saved (just recently) I threw out all my D&D books and Dungeon Master guide/games.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Dear Zoe,

I know what you're talking about, today i was in the kitchen and found another book on top of the refrigerator, chucked it in the bin! Zoe it's not easy, I know, but you've got to ask God for strength to see you through this. There's a battle going on in you right now, something is saying, it won't do any harm just to keep this one book or read just a few more pages. Chuck it Zoe, it's not what you should be reading. Sweetheart, i read your other thread, i'm praying for you, just know that lots of us here are.

Can i suggest another book? It's called "Prilgrims Progress" by John Bunyan, now there is a teenage version of that one out, which is quite a bit easier to follow, get it sis, it inspirational!

Lord Jesus Christ, grant Zoe comfort in her troubled times, keep her safe Lord, bring her parents and sister to a closer understanding of you. I know Lord the trouble that alcohol can bring to a family, Lord Jesus Christ you have told us to come to you in times of trouble and you will hear your childrens prayers, Lord Jesus when Zoe cries in her bed at night, comfort her Sweet Jesus. All these things i pray in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Big hug to Zoe (((((((((((((((((((((((((Zoe4God)))))))))))))))))))))

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Zoegirl,

I am so proud of you. There will be a time when you will look back and realize what a small sacrifice this was. It wont always be hard and at some point it will even seem silly to you that it seemed so hard at the time.

You have heard the voice of the Spirit and obeyed. You will be rewarded! You mentioned that those things define you. They do not. Jesus defines you. He is your Lord and Saviour and your only hope. Your identity is in Him.

The following passage was brought to mind for you:

Mark 10:17 Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, "Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?" 18 So Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. 19 You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery,' 'Do not murder,' 'Do not steal,' 'Do not bear false witness,' 'Do not defraud,' 'Honor your father and your mother.' "

20 And he answered and said to Him, "Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth." 21 Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, "One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me." 22 But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

23 Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!" 24 And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answered again and said to them, "Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." 26 And they were greatly astonished, saying among themselves, "Who then can be saved?"

27 But Jesus looked at them and said, "With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible." 28 Then Peter began to say to Him, "See, we have left all and followed You." 29 So Jesus answered and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel's, 30 who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time--houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions--and in the age to come, eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first."

May the Lord richly bless you in your new found freedom in Christ!

Sabra