IGNORED

2nd Coming

The claim that Jesus will fulfill the Messianic prophesies when he returns does not give him any credibility for his "first" coming. The Bible never speaks about the Messiah returning after an initial appearance. The "second coming" theory is a desperate attempt to explain away Jesus' failure. The Biblical passages which Christians are forced to regard as second coming (#5 above) don't speak of someone returning, they have a "first coming" perspective. 10) "

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

This is absolutely untrue, and contradicts many verses that speak of the Lord's second coming. Even the Lord said Himself that He would return.

Edited by God-man

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

The only prophesies that have not been fulfilled are the ones given in the New Testament. You know the books written about Jesus after his death and ascension. These are the prophecies that will be fulfilled in the second coming of our Lord.

God Bless,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

That opening post is a good demonstration of someone starting with a fixed idea about an issue, and closing the mind to anything else. Unless we can get this one to open the mind I'm afraid they are on that broad way that leads to hell.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

The the original prophecies contradict each other. The Old Testament does talk about the Messiah controling the entire world...at the same time it talks about how he will be rejected and killed by his own people....so explain to me, if the Messiah only comes but one time...why the two contradictory prophecies?

Guest hubertdorm

Hebrews 9:28 Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Oops.

Guest Chixsngr

All I know is that Christ told us not to be concerned with the hour but to do his work until he returned.

I get very frustrated when we are motivated by the thought of a second coming that we are "asleep in the hour." It doesn't really matter does it, when Christ comes again? It's frankly none of our business and a great distraction, keeping us focused on war instead of peace.

Love your neighbor, do good to those who hurt you, take care for the least of us, and love the Lord with all your heart.

And don't be concerned with tomorrow, today has enough worries of its own.

Guest hubertdorm

Part of the Jews' rejection of Jesus was the seemingly unaccompanied Kingdom promised to the heirs of Abraham. The Pharisees questioned Jesus about where his kingdom was, and he told them that it does not come with observation, but was already among them.

Read the Parable in Luke 19:11-15. It teaches that Christ's coming is in two parts.

jbangel, you said that the Bible never speaks of Messianic return, even though the New Testament clearly does. I'm wondering if you are meaning that the Torah (which isn't the Bible) doesn't not teach two comings. I'm suprised that someone who claims to know for sure has either missed the passage in Hebrews, or doesn't know the difference between the Torah and the Bible.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Part of the Jews' rejection of Jesus was the seemingly unaccompanied Kingdom promised to the heirs of Abraham. The Pharisees questioned Jesus about where his kingdom was, and he told them that it does not come with observation, but was already among them.

Read the Parable in Luke 19:11-15. It teaches that Christ's coming is in two parts.

jbangel, you said that the Bible never speaks of Messianic return, even though the New Testament clearly does. I'm wondering if you are meaning that the Torah (which isn't the Bible) doesn't not teach two comings. I'm suprised that someone who claims to know for sure has either missed the passage in Hebrews, or doesn't know the difference between the Torah and the Bible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Careful, the Torah is the Bible. It's the Old Testament, just like we read it.