IGNORED

man shot dead at western wall

ayin jade

Guest shiloh357
Actually, it can be simply translated to mean 'God is great/greatest'. In the arabic language, 'allah' simply means 'God'. It does not always imply that the person using the term is muslim, jewish, druze, christian, etc...

It is translated that way to make it palatable to western ear.  But that is not what it means.  It means "Allah is Greater."

I've actually seen quite a few video interviews with middle eastern Christians referring to God as 'allah'. It's like when we say the word 'God', people would not automatically know which religion we are referring too. It's that simple.

It depends on what kind of "Christian" in the middle east you are referring to.   There is a government sanctioned version of Christianity in Muslim countries and they are told what they can and cannot say, believe, etc.  They are allowed to exist in a form that is determined by Muslim governments.  I iknow a few ex-Muslims who have come to know Christ and when they were born again, they stopped using "allah" and refer to God and Jesus in biblical terms. 

I find it hilarious that we westerners have this pre-programmed idea that the word allah is only used by muslims when, in fact, that is extremely far from the truth.

When you hear someone say the word allah, please do not be ignorant and automatically assume that they are muslim. It could just be a language thing indeed.

Your comments reflect the common western naivete that the Muslim world has come to expect and bank on for last couple of decades.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Actually, it can be simply translated to mean 'God is great/greatest'. In the arabic language, 'allah' simply means 'God'. It does not always imply that the person using the term is muslim, jewish, druze, christian, etc...

It is translated that way to make it palatable to western ear.  But that is not what it means.  It means "Allah is Greater."

I've actually seen quite a few video interviews with middle eastern Christians referring to God as 'allah'. It's like when we say the word 'God', people would not automatically know which religion we are referring too. It's that simple.

It depends on what kind of "Christian" in the middle east you are referring to.   There is a government sanctioned version of Christianity in Muslim countries and they are told what they can and cannot say, believe, etc.  They are allowed to exist in a form that is determined by Muslim governments.  I iknow a few ex-Muslims who have come to know Christ and when they were born again, they stopped using "allah" and refer to God and Jesus in biblical terms. 

I find it hilarious that we westerners have this pre-programmed idea that the word allah is only used by muslims when, in fact, that is extremely far from the truth.

When you hear someone say the word allah, please do not be ignorant and automatically assume that they are muslim. It could just be a language thing indeed.

Your comments reflect the common western naivete that the Muslim world has come to expect and bank on for last couple of decades.

please . The common western naivete` demonstrates why most here are rabid Mooslim haters, fed by the news. Billions of Muslims wish you no ill will. But they are a passionate people--they have not died like us--and, like any people, if you push hard enough (and your pushing has transgressed all bounds since '48, and Jaffa), you cannot expect to not radicalize many. It was the plan. Put in place by the prince of this world. Don't even be surprised when most are sucked in.

It is ludicrous to imagine that the vast majority of Muslims even think about you, on a given day--they are busy staying alive. If you actually saw any of them in their native habitat, you would understand how removed they are from you, Spiritually and otherwise. They live in conditions that would kill us in a week. Their middle school daughters (pretending here that they would ever be so lucky as to attend any school) could kill one of us, full grown male, but if one were out of line with them they would be the ones apologizing and being meek. Fox news is not our friend; they are lying to us. The press, after all, is an estate, and we are told who the head of every worldly estate is.

As a Christian I would not often advise anyone to study Islam, but I recommend that you do, and you will see just how evil it is. And no..... I am not fed any hatred by the News. Your ignorance of God, Satan, Christianity and Islam is clearly obvious.

Have you ever visited a Muslim nation? I have and I can tell you just what it is like. They are spiritually removed from us because they are taught that they are superior to us.

Do you know anything about the Qu'ran, the hadiths such as Sahih Bukhari, or anything about the history of Islam? Do you know anything about the life of the Prophet Mohammed? Do you understand what a dhimmi is? Do you know what taqiyya means? Are you aware what kitman is?

Are you aware of the fall of Constantinople or the siege of Vienna? Do you know the difference between Shia and Sunni? Are you familiar with the writings and teachings of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini? Are you aware that Drummer Lee Rigby was murdered in public in London? Have you heard of the Madrid bombings or the London 7/7 bombings? Have you heard of terrorist organisations such as al-Qaeda, al-Shabaab, Hezbollah, Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood and Boko Haram? Did you know that Muslims co-operated with Adolf Hitler during World War 2?

Are you aware of the history of the modern state of Israel? Did you know that the Qu'ran explicitly promotes hatred of Jews and that the Prophet Mohammed claimed that the city of Jerusalem belongs to Muslims over 1,000 years before the modern state of Israel was formed?

Do you know your Bible? Did you know that the verses in the Bible that relate to false prophets or anti-Christs apply perfectly to Islam, according to Islam's own scriptures?

Do your research and then come back and tell us that we all have rabid hatred of Islam because of Fox News. I'm British and have never seen a broadcast of Fox News. Actually, you don't even need to do any research. Anyone with eyes or ears cannot fail to be aware of the daily Global terrorist attacks that regularly occur in the name of Islam.

please . The common western naivete` demonstrates why most here are rabid Mooslim haters, fed by the news. Billions of Muslims wish you no ill will. But they are a passionate people--they have not died like us--and, like any people, if you push hard enough (and your pushing has transgressed all bounds since '48, and Jaffa), you cannot expect to not radicalize many. It was the plan. Put in place by the prince of this world. Don't even be surprised when most are sucked in.

It is ludicrous to imagine that the vast majority of Muslims even think about you, on a given day--they are busy staying alive. If you actually saw any of them in their native habitat, you would understand how removed they are from you, Spiritually and otherwise. They live in conditions that would kill us in a week. Their middle school daughters (pretending here that they would ever be so lucky as to attend any school) could kill one of us, full grown male, but if one were out of line with them they would be the ones apologizing and being meek. Fox news is not our friend; they are lying to us. The press, after all, is an estate, and we are told who the head of every worldly estate is.

As a Christian I would not often advise anyone to study Islam, but I recommend that you do, and you will see just how evil it is. And no..... I am not fed any hatred by the News. Your ignorance of God, Satan, Christianity and Islam is clearly obvious.

Have you ever visited a Muslim nation? I have and I can tell you just what it is like. They are spiritually removed from us because they are taught that they are superior to us.

Do you know anything about the Qu'ran, the hadiths such as Sahih Bukhari, or anything about the history of Islam? Do you know anything about the life of the Prophet Mohammed? Do you understand what a dhimmi is? Do you know what taqiyya means? Are you aware what kitman is?

Are you aware of the fall of Constantinople or the siege of Vienna? Do you know the difference between Shia and Sunni? Are you familiar with the writings and teachings of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini? Are you aware that Drummer Lee Rigby was murdered in public in London? Have you heard of the Madrid bombings or the London 7/7 bombings? Have you heard of terrorist organisations such as al-Qaeda, al-Shabaab, Hezbollah, Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood and Boko Haram? Did you know that Muslims co-operated with Adolf Hitler during World War 2?

Are you aware of the history of the modern state of Israel? Did you know that the Qu'ran explicitly promotes hatred of Jews and that the Prophet Mohammed claimed that the city of Jerusalem belongs to Muslims over 1,000 years before the modern state of Israel was formed?

Do you know your Bible? Did you know that the verses in the Bible that relate to false prophets or anti-Christs apply perfectly to Islam, according to Islam's own scriptures?

Do your research and then come back and tell us that we all have rabid hatred of Islam because of Fox News. I'm British and have never seen a broadcast of Fox News. Actually, you don't even need to do any research. Anyone with eyes or ears cannot fail to be aware of the daily Global terrorist attacks that regularly occur in the name of Islam.

I've read the Qur'an, so I didn't get past see how evil it is, sorry. Islam is not your enemy. However, if you look for enemies, you will find them. Everything you envision will happen; what you foresee will occur how much plainer does it get? Your worst nightmares will come true. Those you outline above are clearly not Muslims, as evidenced by page 1 Anyone who thinks to abuse Islam in the promotion of violence is not true, and will burn paraphrased. I am sorry that you feel the way you do; and I surely cannot change your mind; but you would be enlarged by meeting a Muslim casually--they are right in your neighborhood now (because most of them look up to you so much)--in a store, perhaps, and making an effort to get to know the person; if you have an open mind here, you will Spiritually enlarge. It is not fair to ascribe heinous deeds to Islam; would you claim Jim Jones, or Hitler?

I've met many Muslims and work with them, so what is your point. So you claim to have read the Qu'ran but cannot see how evil it is. Then please explain the following verses. These are just for starters:

"Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war"

Koran 9:5 (consider the word ambush and what it means. How often is ambush used in self -defence?)

"Fight the unbelievers around you, and let them find harshness in you."

Koran 9:123

"O Prophet, urge the faithful to fight. If there are twenty among you with determination they will vanquish two hundred; if there are a hundred then they will slaughter a thousand unbelievers, for the infidels are a people devoid of understanding."

Koran 8:65

"He it is who has sent His Messenger (Mohammed) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam) to make it victorious over all religions even though the infidels may resist.

Koran 61:9

Please explain these. I would love you to.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for pointing this out.  I'm aware of the unrest over there, and I made a post earlier asking if anyone knew why the Kotel cams were off (as of now they been off close to 2 months).  I used to watch them all the time as I found the Kotel strangely relaxing keeping that open while I was doing other things on my computer. Initially I thought it had to do with Syrian tensions and they wanted them off for security, but then I later discovered that there was a lot of internal tension going on namely, Jewish women who wanted to wear prayer shawls and similar garb associated only with men while praying at the wall.  The Orthodox Jewish men were protesting, and needless to say besides security concerns, that might be an embarrassment as a lot of protests were going on at the wall as of late.

Now this happens.  :rolleyes:

I've read the Qur'an, so I didn't get past see how evil it is, sorry. Islam is not your enemy. However, if you look for enemies, you will find them. Everything you envision will happen; what you foresee will occur how much plainer does it get? Your worst nightmares will come true. Those you outline above are clearly not Muslims, as evidenced by page 1 Anyone who thinks to abuse Islam in the promotion of violence is not true, and will burn paraphrased. I am sorry that you feel the way you do; and I surely cannot change your mind; but you would be enlarged by meeting a Muslim casually--they are right in your neighborhood now (because most of them look up to you so much)--in a store, perhaps, and making an effort to get to know the person; if you have an open mind here, you will Spiritually enlarge. It is not fair to ascribe heinous deeds to Islam; would you claim Jim Jones, or Hitler?

I've met many Muslims and work with them, so what is your point. So you claim to have read the Qu'ran but cannot see how evil it is. Then please explain the following verses. These are just for starters:

"Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war"

Koran 9:5 (consider the word ambush and what it means. How often is ambush used in self -defence?)

"Fight the unbelievers around you, and let them find harshness in you."

Koran 9:123

"O Prophet, urge the faithful to fight. If there are twenty among you with determination they will vanquish two hundred; if there are a hundred then they will slaughter a thousand unbelievers, for the infidels are a people devoid of understanding."

Koran 8:65

"He it is who has sent His Messenger (Mohammed) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam) to make it victorious over all religions even though the infidels may resist.

Koran 61:9

Please explain these. I would love you to.

Wadr, I'm not interested in defending verses of a foreign model that may be easily taken out of context; just as I would not be of explaining Psalms smashing in babies heads. I know Muslims from their heart, and have found that they are just people. Peace to you.

Taken out of context? That old chestnut again. I suspect then that the Muslim clerics who preach hatred in the mosques have taken these verses out of context, not to mention the thousands of suicide bombers who despite being faithful Muslims do not understand their own religion!

It's funny that those who claim that these verses have been taken out of context never seem to be able to be able to put them into context so that the rest of us can understand them.

By the way, in order to take something out of context, you have to ignore the rest of what has been said. If you have read the entire Qu-ran you will not be taking any verses out of context.

I'm not doubting that you have many Muslim friends who are good people. I'm not criticising Muslims. I'm criticising Islam. Many ordinary Muslims do not understand their own religion and have been fooled into believing it is peaceful when it isn't. However, the Muslim scholars and clerics know otherwise.

Don't forget that Osama Bin Laden was a scholar of Islam and so was the Ayatollah Khomeini. So is Omar Bakhri, Abu Qatada, Muqtad al-Sadr and countless other hate preachers. Despite being clerics, I expect that they don't know Islam very well at all. I suggest that you drop an email to these people and explain to them where they are going wrong!

Guest shiloh357

. As a person, the soldier had no ground to stand on, and as a non-CO soldier he did not, either,

He had every ground to stand on.  He was defending his people and was doing what he swore an oath to do.   He did the right thing. 

Guest shiloh357
please . The common western naivete` demonstrates why most here are rabid Mooslim haters, fed by the news.

Actually the media is very kind to the Muslims hiding centuries of Muslim bloodshed in the name of Allah.  The history of Islam is one of death and the sword.  If Muhammed were alive today, he would be locked up in an asylum, not hailed as a prophet.

Billions of Muslims wish you no ill will.

Billions??   There are only 1 Billion Muslims in the world and millions of them cheered when the twin towers were destroyed and all of them long for Israel' destruction.

But they are a passionate people--they have not died like us--and, like any people, if you push hard enough (and your pushing has transgressed all bounds since '48, and Jaffa), you cannot expect to not radicalize many. It was the plan. Put in place by the prince of this world. Don't even be surprised when most are sucked in.

Nope.  They are the ones who push not us.   They are the ones who send out terrorists.  They are the ones who call for the destruction of Israel.  Israel is not calling for their destruction.  They are the ones who draw first blood and then blame Israel for defending themeselves. 

You can take your comments somewhere else.

Edited by shiloh357
<<< Removed personal attack. >>>

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

All good points. The soldier would almost surely have been Jewish, tho I remember that they do have some Christian (Coptic?) tribal guys in there. @ WWJD, I might argue differently; Christ has many Names, and we know that many who use His Name will fall, while many who do not, will not (from the separation ​parable), yes?

So you think folks who follow religions that have gods other than the Christian God can be saved?

All good points. The soldier would almost surely have been Jewish, tho I remember that they do have some Christian (Coptic?) tribal guys in there. @ WWJD, I might argue differently; Christ has many Names, and we know that many who use His Name will fall, while many who do not, will not (from the separation ​parable), yes?

So you think folks who follow religions that have gods other than the Christian God can be saved?

You cannot be certain that any other monotheistic religion is not worshipping the same God, for one; we are told that the forms are irrelevant. No one knows where they go when they die. And, many folks who say Lord, Lord will hear I don't know you. Anyone who accepts Grace is saved; and demonstrates this by their fruit. Only. Fruit is the only standard one need apply. The number of people you have attempted to reach by way of fear, playing on their fears, even if you succeeded, will not be counted. The number of those whose lives were brightened by your passing will.

Yes, I think folks who demonstrate that their God, by any Name, is One, will be in the New Jerusalem.

I fear that you are preaching a false gospel. The only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ.

You cannot be certain that any other monotheistic religion is not worshipping the same God, for one; we are told that the forms are irrelevant. No one knows where they go when they die. And, many folks who say Lord, Lord will hear I don't know you. Anyone who accepts Grace is saved; and demonstrates this by their fruit. Only. Fruit is the only standard one need apply. The number of people you have attempted to reach by way of fear, playing on their fears, even if you succeeded, will not be counted. The number of those whose lives were brightened by your passing will.

Yes, I think folks who demonstrate that their God, by any Name, is One, will be in the New Jerusalem.

I fear that you are preaching a false gospel. The only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ.

Well, have no fear; and see that Christ is not limited to our perceptions of Him. I do not fear, but know for a fact, that we have been sold a bill of goods by Empire builders, who strong-armed their way into the early Church, and promoted Augustine's doctrine of OS against even his wishes, and made us slaves. And that the record is pretty easy to find now, if one but knew what to search for. How, may I ask, does

"You cannot be certain that any other monotheistic religion is not worshipping the same God, for one; we are told that the forms are irrelevant. No one knows where they go when they die. And, many folks who say Lord, Lord will hear I don't know you. Anyone who accepts Grace is saved; and demonstrates this by their fruit. Only. Fruit is the only standard one need apply. The number of people you have attempted to reach by way of fear, playing on their fears, even if you succeeded, will not be counted. The number of those whose lives were brightened by your passing will.

Yes, I think folks who demonstrate that their God, by any Name, is One, will be in the New Jerusalem." =

"Your fear?"

Which phrase, specifically, do you fear? Surely we agree in Spirit, and disagree on some semantics?

By your own argument, Satanists will also be in the new Jerusalem as they worship only one 'god'.

You provide no scripture to back up your argument that anyone who demonstrates that their God, by any name, will be in the New Jerusalem. As Christians we must be clear that salvation only comes through Jesus Christ. Worshiping one god is not enough. It has to be the true God and the true God is identified by the fact that his only son died on the cross and was resurrected for our sins. There are a number of religions that worship one god but do not acknowledge the father and the son.

Check out 1st John 2:22-23 and 1st John 3:12

Islam is one example of a religion that has belief in one God but does not acknowledge the Father and the Son - in fact although Muslims do believe that Jesus was a prophet, it is blasphemous to a Muslim to claim that Jesus is the son of God or that he died on the cross and was resurrected. Ask any knowledgeable Muslim and he will tell you this. I can give you the Qu'ranic verses that clearly state this but you will probably accuse me of 'taking them out of context'.

There are many false gods and these are worshiped by false religions. If you sincerely believe that acknowledging one god and one god only, is the key to salvation then why bother with Christianity? Take your pick from Islam, Zoroastrianism or Sikhism.

This is why I fear that you are preaching a false gospel. Read Galatians chapter 1 to be reminded of what it means to preach a false gospel.

Read also Acts 4:12.

I will conclude with this verse:

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."

John 14:6