• Days Won:  58

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If you hear someone in the US yelling those words, you had better pay attention and either be prepared to shoot him/her or die.Those are usually the last words of a jihadist as they strike.   Especially the ones that don't expect to live through what they are about to do.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Does the US Constitution prevent Muslims from using those words in public?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Does the US Constitution prevent Muslims from using those words in public?

our make my day laws in Oklahoma does in this circumstance might keep you out of jail..

this is a sad thing, because this person was mentally ill.   Ye yelled this and pulled something out of a pocket.  in a situation like this, if the person is a suicide bomber you would likely have less than two seconds to decide what to do.     In my case since I am not a security guard and not looking for something, I'd most likely not respond in time and we'd all die.......   but not if I was protecting other people, and surely no hesitation if I were in Israel.

If/when we do start to see jihad actions here, that will become a free fire situation unless our laws are changed....  

I would say that if someone was yelling that and running directly at me, I would not allow him to get closer than 12 feet to me or my family, and deal with the consequences later.

Guest shiloh357

How sad is this? Unlike the scenario the thread title implies, a Jewish guy shoots another Jewish guy for saying God is the Greatest; only in Arabic?

Let me explain:   Allah hu Akhbar doesn't mean "God is the greatest."  It means "Allah is greater."   Secondly, the reason he was shot is that in all terrorist attacks the last thing a terrorist does before setting off a bomb or starts on a shooting rampage is he yells, "Allah hu Akbhar."   So the Jewish soldier was right in shooting the man.  He really had no choice given that terrorists use that phrase a second or two before settting off their bombs.

Guest shiloh357

How sad is this? Unlike the scenario the thread title implies, a Jewish guy shoots another Jewish guy for saying God is the Greatest; only in Arabic?

Let me explain:   Allah hu Akhbar doesn't mean "God is the greatest."  It means "Allah is greater."   Secondly, the reason he was shot is that in all terrorist attacks the last thing a terrorist does before setting off a bomb or starts on a shooting rampage is he yells, "Allah hu Akbhar."   So the Jewish soldier was right in shooting the man.  He really had no choice given that terrorists use that phrase a second or two before settting off their bombs.

Interesting; I've always heard--and the article translates--the phrase as stated. Not that I doubt you; I don't speak Arabic! I agree tho, that in those circumstances it is really tantamount to saying, "I have a bomb." You think maybe the guy was just suicidal?

And, Muslims say that in other situations, also; the guy could not have gotten thru wall security with a bomb, do you think? I had a pocketknife, and they detained me for like 1/2 hour, then assigned a soldier to shadow me.

Well they mistranslate it for the benefit of western audiences who are Christians.  The liberal media is not really being honest with the American public about key doctrinal beliefs of Islam and what their true Islamic agenda is.  Islam is all about world domination and make the world "Dar al Islam" or the "house of Islam."   The truth is that Islam views Allah as greater than Jesus or any other deity. 

I don't know the mental state of they guy, but neither did the Israeli soldier and there wasn't enough to time for him to check.  He had to put the welfare of the public first and protect the people in the area.   He did the right thing. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/19/1993

Actually, it can be simply translated to mean 'God is great/greatest'. In the arabic language, 'allah' simply means 'God'. It does not always imply that the person using the term is muslim, jewish, druze, christian, etc...

I've actually seen quite a few video interviews with middle eastern Christians referring to God as 'allah'. It's like when we say the word 'God', people would not automatically know which religion we are referring too. It's that simple.

I find it hilarious that we westerners have this pre-programmed idea that the word allah is only used by muslims when, in fact, that is extremely far from the truth.

When you hear someone say the word allah, please do not be ignorant and automatically assume that they are muslim. It could just be a language thing indeed.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Well they mistranslate it for the benefit of western audiences who are Christians.  The liberal media is not really being honest with the American public about key doctrinal beliefs of Islam and what their true Islamic agenda is.  Islam is all about world domination and make the world "Dar al Islam" or the "house of Islam."   The truth is that Islam views Allah as greater than Jesus or any other deity. 

I don't know the mental state of they guy, but neither did the Israeli soldier and there wasn't enough to time for him to check.  He had to put the welfare of the public first and protect the people in the area.   He did the right thing. 

Hmm, WWJD? Not join the military, I guess. An example of "having begun from an improper premise, everything that follows is wrong," to me. But yes, having agreed to be in that position, who could blame him.

1) The soldier had lives of others to consider. 

2) Folks should know better than to shout out that phrase. 

3) Was the soldier even a Christian? Most likely not. If not, then wwJd doesnt really apply.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Actually, it can be simply translated to mean 'God is great/greatest'. In the arabic language, 'allah' simply means 'God'. It does not always imply that the person using the term is muslim, jewish, druze, christian, etc...

I've actually seen quite a few video interviews with middle eastern Christians referring to God as 'allah'. It's like when we say the word 'God', people would not automatically know which religion we are referring too. It's that simple.

I find it hilarious that we westerners have this pre-programmed idea that the word allah is only used by muslims when, in fact, that is extremely far from the truth.

When you hear someone say the word allah, please do not be ignorant and automatically assume that they are muslim. It could just be a language thing indeed.

I'm not sure if you are right about this, but as I don't speak Arabic I cannot confirm that.

I have heard that the Arabic word for god is actually 'Illah' not Allah, but we have been deliberately fooled by Muslims who claim otherwise.

Allah is an ancient god whose name derives from Alal where we get the word 'halal' from and probably originates from the name Baal.

Incidentally, a Jew would be very unlikely to use the name Allah for God as the Jews are very clear about what God's name actually is.

Christians who live in Muslim countries will use the name Allah but only because that is the word found in their translated Bibles. So, you will find for example, Christians in Indonesia refer to God as Allah (an incorrect and insulting term, in my mind).

Try reading Craig Winn's Prophet of Doom. I am sure that he addresses the linguistic issues.

http://prophetofdoom.net/

there is something about that on this page:

http://prophetofdoom.net/Islamic_Clubs_Allahs_Helpers.Islam

Quote:

The U.S. State Department said that Ansar Allah was a "clandestine subgroup of Hizballah," in its commentary on the Argentina and Panama attacks. Names, however, are telling. Americans have been duped into believing that Allah is the Arabic word for "God" so as to obfuscate Islam's culpability. But if that were true, Allah cannot be God, because the Qur'an says that illah is the Arabic word for god, and that Allah is one of the Islamic god's names. His other name is Ar-Rahman, which means "merciful." It is a brilliant disguise for Satan, who is disingenuous but not stupid. By using either of these names in their names, terrorists confirm that they are Muslims killing on behalf of their god.

If I was in Israel and heard someone shout Allahu Ackbar, then I would suspect them to be a Muslim.

Edited by WillowWood

Guest shiloh357

Hmm, WWJD? Not join the military, I guess. An example of "having begun from an improper premise, everything that follows is wrong," to me. But yes, having agreed to be in that position, who could blame him.

The soldier wasn't a Christian but why would Jesus be opposed to anyone joining the military.