IGNORED

Televangelist asks for $79,000 to paint "Lord's Jet".

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Reminds me of a scene from Steve Martin's "The Jerk" (1979) where a Texas billionaire comes asking for a donation of Steve Martin to fix the leather seats on his airplane because they are cracked:

<<< All videos must be submitted to the appropriate forum for review by Mod Team.

See this forum:

Videos

>>>

Hilarious!

Edited by GoldenEagle
<<< All videos must be submitted to the appropriate forum for review by Mod Team. >>>

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.69
  • Days Won:  226

The preacher needs a jet to get the gospel out? The apostles would be very amused to hear that. 

I wonder what Jesus thinks of this.Jesus had nothing when he got the gospel out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

Some missionaries are in a particular local area. Some missionaries cover wider area to reach a specific people and do need to travel by plane to reach those areas in a timely manner. Most missionaries to the Jewish people in the U.S. use commercial airlines. Billy Graham traveled by plane and I am assuming used commercial airlines.

I don't know who this person is, but I don't know of any missionaries who are also televangelists. I would wonder about the justification for owning a private plane.

And just for information. Jesus only traveled thru an area about the size of New Jersey.

http://www.biblewalks.com/info/Jesus_Maps.html

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

How different televangelists are from how Jesus Christ described his circumstances:

Matthew 8:20 Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

It's apparent that televangelists need to learn to follow in Jesus Christ's footsteps.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,852
  • Content Per Day:  8.05
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The Lord did not take possession of the jet! Only the souls of men inside who believed their need of new birth and life and ask God to grant it to them...

the jet God plans on burning up

2 Peter 3:10-13

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with

fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.  11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of

persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens

will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens

and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
NKJV

So where do you think long term investment lies?  Love, Steven