• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/10/1972

Can someone tell me more about what Grace means to them.

To Me, Grace IS Jesus

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  19

I often read "Desiderata"

C+

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Grace is unmerited favor and love. It is Christ dying for a sinful world. But God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Rom. 5:8 , 6b Christ died for the ungodly. We don't merit anything by being good; and even our repentance (humbling ourselves before God and acknowleding our wickedness, and asking for His mercy) is something we can only do by His grace. Acts 11:18b Then God has also GRANTED to the Gentiles repentance to life. Repentance was a gift. For by grace are you saved through faith; and (even) that is not of ourselves. It is a GIFT from God, NOT OF WORKS so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8

We owe everything to God's mercy and grace.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

My friend Mcgyver once put it like this...

I once heard it defined like this:

Justice: Getting exactly what we deserve.

Mercy: Not getting what we deserve.

Grace: Getting what we don't deserve.

I kind of like that definition, because to me, getting what we don't deserve encompasses all that God does for us...Eternal life, complete forgiveness and cleansing, adoption as His children, His Spirit in us, etc.

Grace is God’s unmerited favor. It’s God showing His merciful kindness towards us and not giving us what we deserve. We can never earn His favor as it is a gift from God. Grace is divine assistance of God given to humanity for the regeneration and sanctification for those who believe in Jesus Christ.

Grace means that salvation is 100% for us and 100% costly to God.

Some Biblical passages on God's grace:

Eph. 2:8-9

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Rom. 6:14

For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

Rom. 11:6

But if it is {salvation} by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

1 Cor. 15:10

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.

Rom 3:21-26

21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. 26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

To Me, Grace IS Jesus

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

To Me, Grace IS Jesus

thanks for your comment to me Fresno joe,and i accept Jesus and his forgivness for me which is what i think your saying. But even though i have my rest in him i still have to make choices to move on to perfection in him. maybe i think to much.  

I often read "Desiderata"

C+

Cailean what does desiderata mean, i have never heard that word.

Grace is unmerited favor and love. It is Christ dying for a sinful world. But God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Rom. 5:8 , 6b Christ died for the ungodly. We don't merit anything by being good; and even our repentance (humbling ourselves before God and acknowleding our wickedness, and asking for His mercy) is something we can only do by His grace. Acts 11:18b Then God has also GRANTED to the Gentiles repentance to life. Repentance was a gift. For by grace are you saved through faith; and (even) that is not of ourselves. It is a GIFT from God, NOT OF WORKS so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8

We owe everything to God's mercy and grace.

Thankyou for answering my comment Willamina, i like that part that says it is a gift from God, and thats the thing i suppose i am challenged with its a gift, it has to be recieved and i have, and then you have to open it and i have, and then you have to work out what it is, and what it looks like, and that question of how do i use this gift to its full potential and thats the bit i restle with, but praise the lord with all these new hearts and minds around i have to find the answer. thankyou.