• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

I was shocked to see the manner in which this is being done in Gwinnett County in Georgia.  What do you think of this?  I understand that driving under the influence needs to stop, but where does one draw the line here? 

I think I have to agree with the guy that asks "What country is this?"

from article:

The policy of police obtaining a warrant to draw blood from those merely suspected of being drunk at a DUI checkpoint or a routine traffic stop has been in place for years across many states, but to actually see it in action is disturbing.

The clip shows individuals being strapped down on a padded table at the Gwinnett County jail. Even those who show no resistance whatsoever are forcibly restrained and have their heads pressed down by an officer using his elbow.

http://www.infowars.com/shock-video-shows-police-forcibly-drawing-blood/

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

If you read this carefully, you will note that a warrant has been obtained to do this.  And, yes, it IS legal and constitutional.  Having said that, I would not submit without hitting, kicking, scratching and biting because this practice really, really makes me angry.  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

No thanks.I do not think I want to watch this kind of violence. :(

Guest LadyC

it isn't violent.

it's long though.

it seems like overkill to have to strap people down to a gurney to draw blood, but i suppose it is actually a protective measure. the police don't know who may be hiv positive, or have hepetitus, or any number of blood borne diseases, and wielding a hypodermic in the proximity of someone who may be either angry or intoxicated, or both, could have devastating consequences.

i'm not sure i disagree with the legality of taking blood samples with a warrant, but i definitely think that the cops should be required to take the suspect to a hospital and have it done in the proper setting by medical professionals. yeah, sure, it is a nurse taking the blood, but it's a room full of cops strapping individuals down. totally over the top. 

oh, and i think that along with having it done in a hospital, the police department should have to pay the expenses for each negative test result. only the ones who are actually legally intoxicated should get stuck with the bill.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

it isn't violent.

it's long though.

it seems like overkill to have to strap people down to a gurney to draw blood, but i suppose it is actually a protective measure. the police don't know who may be hiv positive, or have hepetitus, or any number of blood borne diseases, and wielding a hypodermic in the proximity of someone who may be either angry or intoxicated, or both, could have devastating consequences.

i'm not sure i disagree with the legality of taking blood samples with a warrant, but i definitely think that the cops should be required to take the suspect to a hospital and have it done in the proper setting by medical professionals. yeah, sure, it is a nurse taking the blood, but it's a room full of cops strapping individuals down. totally over the top. 

oh, and i think that along with having it done in a hospital, the police department should have to pay the expenses for each negative test result. only the ones who are actually legally intoxicated should get stuck with the bill.

I agree.They should be taken to a hospital ER to have the blood drawn.I have seen police get pretty violent needlessly.If a person is in the ER their are witnesses and that is why they sometimes do not like to do that.The police department can be sued if they are wrongly taking blood from a person.They have to have some pretty good evidence to just stick anyone.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

It seems like police are becoming more and more like terrorists.