IGNORED

Is Bible prophecy designed as a parable?

guysmith

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 13:13This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
    though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

With so many different interpretations of Bible Prophecy, is it possible that BP is designed as a parable, not meant for every believer to understand?

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

just as Christ took His disciples aside and explained the parables to them in private, i believe He does the same to those He chooses by His Divine Will.

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 2 Peter 1:20

~

Matthew 13:13 This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

With so many different interpretations of Bible Prophecy, is it possible that BP is designed as a parable, not meant for every believer to understand?

Beloved "Them" Is Israel And "Them" Will See

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: Romans 11:26

See

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Matthew 13:13This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;

though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

In Yehoshua,

Guy Smith

The end-time prophetic scriptures were written so that when God's people see those prophecies come to fruition then they will know to look for Christ's second coming.

"when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the door", Christ said in Matt.24:33.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

yes it is possible given all the interpretations, but he said we can understand

Guest AFlameOfFire

Heres two verses to consider from the psalms

Psalm 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:

Whereas here... 

Luke 20:17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?

Then go down to

Luke 20:19 And the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay hands on him; and they feared the people: for they perceived that he had spoken this parable against them.

So Jesus tells a parable, then asks them of what was written (of old) but they only perceive that he had spoken this parable against them.

Heres another one that's cool

Psalm 49:4 I will incline mine ear to a parable: I will open my dark saying upon the harp.

That one always makes me think of being given the harps of God

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

When trying to understand Revelation it is necessary to remember that John was writing down visions given to him by God. It was written some 2000 years ago and he would not have understood much of what he was writing so it was given to him in a form he could understand and only now with our level of understanding can much of it be interpreted. You should also remember that much of it is written in spiritual form rather than physical i.e Beast could mean something that is not understood rather than a physical creature, and the same goes for what appear to be men such as the two witnesses and when death is refered to in one form or another it could mean spiritual or physical. 

The 7 trumpets are basically in chronological order. The first 4 are events that happened many years, possibly millions, ago.

The fifth trumpet starts at around 1880 and the sixth ends around the present day, the seventh is about what is to come. There are enough clues for me to be fairly certain about the dates I have given.

Rev 12 -3 The red dragon is likely to be red china where the official line is" there is no God"," his tail swept a third of the stars from the sky", China has around 1/3 of the worlds population and this means that they are lost to God because of the official stance on religion. I am aware that there are christians in china.

Guest AFlameOfFire

I like this example of prophecy in Daniel, and that in reference to it follows according to whats spoken (and not understood) as well.

Whereas right here, Daniel is telling you how he understood something and by the books, and which prophet.

Daniel 9:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

Then of that which followed after, and Daniel said,

Daniel 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

The words are closed us and sealed here

Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Now to what Daniel who heard but he (himself) did not understand) Jesus now says, "let him understand"

Mark 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

Whereas right here says likewise

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Contrary to the words being sealed up (as spoken to Daniel)

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book:for the time is at hand.

Then adding to the prophecy of the book is addressed.

Okay, so you have Daniel (of the prophets beforehand) asking about these things because

Daniel 12:8 I heard, but I understood not

And what is told him

Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Now the Lord making reference to what was spoken of by Daniel (who heard) but understood not speaking to the "when"

Mark 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

Whereas at the beginning of Revelation it says likewise....

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

And again at the end of Revelation it says likewise....

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

It actually is cool to catch a glimpse of how beautifully it is laid out where you can actually catch it.