fruitfull77

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

So then you convocate in your dwelling, and with your family dedicate Friday eve and Saturday morn to God? Do you also attend church on the Sabbath (which is not commanded but a fine custom)?

Brother Paul 

I do

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I for one would like to meet someone who can explain how they keep #3 in light of proverbs defining it:

Pro 30:9 Lest I be full, and deny [thee], and say, Who [is] the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God [in vain].

Taking the Lords name means being married too or one with and is spiritual in nature (the law is spiritual not carnal).  The third commandment means that you do not do anything to bring shame upon the name of our Creator.  Who here can claim they do this?

Who here can claim they do #1 or any of them for that matter?  I don't know about you but when I would to do good evil is present with me and I am not always successful at denying it.  Wish I were but that is another story.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

This was split from this thread to discuss the Law and the Sabbath:

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Ten Commandments-The Law- is generally considered to be the standard for defining sin.

We have no problem with adhering to 9 of them.. Like Thou shalt not murder, thou shalt not  take the name of the Lord in vain, thou shalt not commit adultery, etc.

But so many question God's fourth Commandment and insist that it has been changed.

People think it doesn't matter which day we observe as long as we worship God in our own way and when.

Can anyone explain what happened to keeping the 4th since Jesus kept it and the Apostles celebrated the seventh day long after the death and resurrection of Christ.

Where in plain language in the New Testament does it says that we don't have to honor the seventh day anymore?

read Roman 14:5,6 and 7

The Ten Commandments-The Law- is generally considered to be the standard for defining sin.

We have no problem with adhering to 9 of them.. Like Thou shalt not murder, thou shalt not  take the name of the Lord in vain, thou shalt not commit adultery, etc.

But so many question God's fourth Commandment and insist that it has been changed.

People think it doesn't matter which day we observe as long as we worship God in our own way and when.

Can anyone explain what happened to keeping the 4th since Jesus kept it and the Apostles celebrated the seventh day long after the death and resurrection of Christ.

Where in plain language in the New Testament does it says that we don't have to honor the seventh day anymore?

The Sabbath is nowhere mentioned in these verses.

In fact, the word Sabbath is not even mentioned anywhere in the whole book of Romans.

In earlier chapters of the book of Romans Paul glorifies how holy and true the commandments of God are-it would be inconsistent to present the holy day Sabbath as being irrelevant in light of his statements.

I can't find any NT writer referring to the Sabbath as just " one day "

Too ambiguous to ditch God's sacred commandment, don't you think?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Jesus reformed the Sabbath to its rightful place as designed in creation where the Sabbath is made for all mankind and not just for a select group.

Jesus was a Sabbath keeper. He set the example as to how we should keep it by doing good and not be burdened down by legalistic restrictions as mandated by Rabbinic halakhah. The freedom Jesus showed we could have was from the harsh rules inflicted by over regulating by man's rules. But the freedom did not include abolishing the observance of the Sabbath from its original design.

What does it mean when Jesus says " Think not that I am come to destroy the Law..."  If He told you not to think something, would you believe Him?

Or should we believe something were true when Jesus told you it was not?

If you are claiming that you keep the Sabbath, you are going to have to explain exactly how you keep it.

Well by not working -receiving pay.

By resting from your usual 6 day weekly routine-stop and enjoy the day.

Assemble with others if possible-fellowship.

Enrich your spiritual understanding by focusing on God and not yourself.

Do good.

But it's suppose to be a refreshing and gratifying time and should not be restricted by man made limits

How are the renovations coming?

In red if for example I view these restrictions you've suggested as man-made... As in I view this view on the Sabbath as a personal conviction how would you respond to this from a Biblical perspective? In other words what is the Biblical backing for this response in orange above please?

God bless,

GE

The Sabbath is nowhere mentioned in these verses.

In fact, the word Sabbath is not even mentioned anywhere in the whole book of Romans.

In earlier chapters of the book of Romans Paul glorifies how holy and true the commandments of God are-it would be inconsistent to present the holy day Sabbath as being irrelevant in light of his statements.

I can't find any NT writer referring to the Sabbath as just " one day "

Too ambiguous to ditch God's sacred commandment, don't you think?

Rom. 14:5-7 for reference...

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord;[a] and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.

The Sabbath was a commandment given to Israel and not Gentiles. As Believers we're free to worship God any and preferably every day of the week. Would you agree? :thumbsup:

Do you believe every Believer should celebrate the Sabbath? Or is this a personal conviction? Curious. :help:

God bless,

GE

For reference this might be a good thread to read fruitful77...

God bless, GE

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

First you have to figure out what day of the week Sabbath is.

Jews and some Christians claim Saturday as the Sabbath.

For most Christians it is Sunday, which commenerates the resurrection of Jesus.

It's Friday for Muslims.

Genesis 2:2-3

"And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."

Since we don't have a calender from that time, we have no way of knowing if the 7th day was what we now call Saturday, Sunday, or even Thursday.

Days of the week came later, a man-made concept. There have been different calenders throughout time.

Sunday is the first day of the week according to Christian and traditional Hebrew calenders. Day 7 on these calenders is Saturday. If you go strictly by this calender and believe the day God rested to be Sunday you would be wrong.

Going back to Sunday as the day to commemerate the day of the resurrection we really don't know what day of the week it would be on the modern calender.

There are some calenders which have Monday as the first day and Sunday as the 7th day.

My opinion: it does not matter which day it is as long it's the day your faith/affiliation designates as the day to worship with others.

Edited by Kali_Ko_Kat

First you have to figure out what day of the week Sabbath is.

Jews and some Christians claim Saturday as the Sabbath.

For most Christians it is Sunday, which commenerates the resurrection of Jesus.

It's Friday for Muslims.

Genesis 2:2-3

"And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."

Since we don't have a calender from that time, we have no way of knowing if the 7th day was what we now call Saturday, Sunday, or even Thursday.

Days of the week came later, a man-made concept. There have been different calenders throughout time.

Sunday is the first day of the week according to Christian and traditional Hebrew calenders. Day 7 on these calenders is Saturday. If you go strictly by this calender and believe the day God rested to be Sunday you would be wrong.

Going back to Sunday as the day to commemerate the day of the resurrection we really don't know what day of the week it would be on the modern calender.

There are some calenders which have Monday as the first day and Sunday as the 7th day.

My opinion: it does not matter which day it is as long it's the day your faith/affiliation designates as the day to worship with others.

Why did God command a day of rest in the first place?

Was it not to be a reminder that God is our creator.

God made the Sabbath day holy-something only God can do. Man cannot make a day holy.

In the beginning God created days from sunset to sunset.

Man started a new day at midnight.

In the New Testament days were counted when the sun set.

Most authorities recognize Saturday as the seventh day of the week and Sunday as the 1st day of the week.

The change to Sunday observance was made by man after the NT was written.

What biblical authority do we have for changing the day of rest since only God can sanctify a day not man?

Although man has modified calendars throughout history the seven-day weekly cycle has remained intact

The days of the week have always remained in their proper order.

God entrusted His oracles to be preserved by His divine power to certain people and the Jewish community has maintained that as of today.

Today's mainstream churches, though they reject the 7th day Sabbath confirm when it is by acknowledging the Sunday worship to be the 1st day of the week, which would make the previous day the seventh day Biblical Sabbath

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

The law was that if you break one you have broken them All, so it makes the law to say if you keep one for justification, then you must keep them all, which scriptures says that no man can do, the law was a schoolmaster to teach us that we needed the Messiah. no law has ever justified any flesh, but in order for anyone to keep the law of thwe Sabbath, the law was that no one was to leave their place on the Sabbath, this was first interpreted, that place meant their House, then later it was interpreted that place meant their city, and then there was a distance added to the law, of 200 meters, about a half of mile, to go to the tabernacle, then around the new testament days I guess cities grew bigger the distance was changed to 400 meters. then One Priest said ' if we let them travel 400 meters to the tabernacle, then we will have to let them travel Home also, so i say this to say this to ALL THE SABBATH KEEPERS, if you travel over a certain distance from your home on the Sabbath, then you have broken the whole law, and then I say this part of the Sabbath law was the judgement on the Sabbath breakers they were to be sentence even up to be stoning to death, so grab your stones and let's have a stoning,I be the first one that you all can stone, But remember the famous words of our Lord" ye who is without sin cast the first stone" .  For I read that we are saved by grace through faith, and not that of yourselves, least we boast!