LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

At my church every Sunday we go over a list of prayer request. Are pastor tells us we need to be praying for so and so or whatever the need is. I am lead to belive that when more people pray for someone or something, that God is more likley to answer. But what about people who do not have anyone to pray for them? Or what if the pastor forgets to add your prayer request and no one knows to pray for you? What I mean is does the number of people praying for you really matter? Is your prayer more likley to be answerd faster by God if more people pray for you?

At my church every Sunday we go over a list of prayer request. Are pastor tells us we need to be praying for so and so or whatever the need is. I am lead to belive that when more people pray for someone or something, that God is more likley to answer. But what about people who do not have anyone to pray for them? Or what if the pastor forgets to add your prayer request and no one knows to pray for you? What I mean is does the number of people praying for you really matter? Is your prayer more likley to be answerd faster by God if more people pray for you?

No.

God listens to the heart. He's not interested in numbers.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

All prayers are answered according to God holy plan...no matter how many or how less. Personally, I feel Christians should never lack when prayer is requested. There has been times the Holy Spirit has moved me to pray for others without knowledge to what is going on. Also, you have those that's called Prayer Warriors, they are the ones that have been personally called to do just that. I feel God is exalted even higher when Christians obey to pray for others...and without creasing. These are the last days and we have so much evident of the struggles of all mankind to say we must be reminded or lead to pray.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, God isn't a genie. Nor can He be manipulated.

He doesn't need numbers to move.

He desires a heart that seeks after Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

in psalms 103:20 the angels of God go to work for us, they are ministering spirits for us. prayer is often proclaiming what God has already given to us, we just have to receive it, but our heart has to be connecting intimately with God. Through this intimacy we grow confidently with God. You get to know God as your spending time with Him, not a religious activity, not something you have to do but a way of connecting with God daily. Keep yourself built up and allow the holy spirit to flow thru you.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/08/1952

LadyKay - Pray for so and so if you want to but it probably won't do much good.

If so and so's time is up, then no amount of praying for so and so is going to help. If his or her time is not up, then so and so will recover.

A better prayer would be - Lord, YOUR will be done - and accept God's decision. I realize that the life of a child will be an emotional prayer but sometimes God takes children before we want them to go - and that's very sad.

You could pray that so and so be accepted into Heaven, if his or her time is up.