Can you recommend sources where I can learn more about the Hebrew root

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Or read / join in on one of the Hebrew Roots Topics I started citing biblical evidence and discounting opinion / tradition (which is what stands in the way of this very biblical truth).

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

I was wondering if you could recommend some good books or other resources to teach me more about the Hebrew roots of our faith and more about the Jewish culture and traditions during the time of Jesus and the Apostles?

Ever since coming back to God, I've had a strong desire to study and understand the OT so I can better understand the NT. At first I really struggled and couldn't understand much of the OT and prayed often to God to help me learn. That is when it suddenly dawned on me that Jesus was Jewish and scriptures were written my Hebrews and I started having a strong desire to learn about the Hebrew roots of our faith.

I've been doing the lessons from Torahclass.com and have finished Genesis, Exodus, and most of Leviticus. Understanding more about the tabernacle, sacrifice system, feasts and priestly duties and requirements has really helped me in my understanding and I can better understand how Jesus came not to abolish but to fill to the fullest the Torah. I'm not completely comfortable with the way Torah class interprets and teaches being Torah observant but I'm learning how to be a sieve and not a sponge. I wish I could get the historical and cultural teaching without the opinions on being required to follow the 613 mitzvah etc. 

I'm also half way through the book Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus by Ann Spangler and Lois Tverberg which is helping me have a deeper understanding of scripture but I wish it went into greater detail.

I would really appreciate any recommendations. I hope I didn't ramble too much. I said all of that to try to give an idea of where I am in all of this. I love to study and learn more about God and I'm fortunate to be able to study a couple of hours each day. My family thinks I'm odd but Bible study is truly my favorite thing to do. At this point in my learning it isn't always easy for me to find trustworthy sources so I'm thankful for any help. :)

Seems like a step backwards if you ask me.  Better to know what it means to be a CHRISTIAN rather than than what a group of Jews who reject the CHRIST of Christianity believe and follow.  There is little difference from that and Islam, Jehovahs Witnesses, Mormons, etc when it comes to Judaism and Christainity.  The OLD ways has perished.  It is already antiquated.  By the time you learn all their traditions and ceremonies and ritualistic oblations, etc, you'll probably be more confused then ever.

Seems that you are distracted anyway.

Seeking to know "hebrew roots" when you should see "Gods foundational Word"  If you want to understand the New Covenant, just read.  Seek not your understanding from men whom God called "blind" to their own Scriptures.  Just read.  The Spirit will guide.

It is a whole different Universe.  "Conversion" is even this lengthy, gruesome, process just to convert to Judaism ... assuming the "Rabbi" does not make strong attempts to turn you away first.