IGNORED

Can a Religious Left Rival the Christian Right?

nebula

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Our government is taking God out of everything, so we ought to keep governent out of our church business. Let's not mix politics with Christians. I say Christians because religion doesn't speak for Christian all the time, they could be speaking of a frog, who knows.lol

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

IMO true Christianity libservative or coniberal...we are liberal when it comes to feeding the poor, housing the homeless,etc., but conservative regarding small government, sanctity of life and so on...

In reality we should not pick A side (for both are seriously lacking and exploit us for votes)...I pledge allegiance to the cross for which it stood and look forward to the country of God...

Brother Paul

Brother Paul,

NOWHERE does the Scripture authorize any government to 'feed the poor, house the homeless, etc.'  Instead PEOPLE are instructed to be generous.  ALL TRUE CHARITY IS PRIVATE CHARITY.  The confiscation of your money to give it to the current 'goverment favorites,' is theft.  And the money passes through so many paid bureaucrats only the tiniest fraction gets to the truly needy.  If you and every worker in your family had another $200 a month because the government stopped confiscating so much of your hard earned money, just think how MUCH MORE good you could do for friends and family who were truly needy, instead of supporting a large number of drunks, addicts, criminals and ne'er do wells!

Brother, no matter how 'nice' something sounds, the BIBLE is our guide.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" - or, in other words, Treat others the way that you would like to be treated with respect, dignity, and equality.

Treat homosexuals the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat African-Americans the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat Hispanics the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat Asians, Native Americans, or whoever, the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat women the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat the poor the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat rte homeless the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat the mentally handicapped the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat members of another religion the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat members of another Christian denomination the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat your enemies, and all of the people who mean to do you harm, the way that you would like to be treated.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I wonder which liberal said that?

You could add to the list:

Treat thieves the way you would want to be treated.

Treat the greedy the way you would want to be treated.

Treat the dead-beat dads the way you would want to be treated.

Treat the drug dealers the way you would want to be treated.

Treat the judgmental people the way you would want to be treated.

Treat "the 1%" the way you would want to be treated.

Treat the racist the way you would want to be treated.

Treat the sexist the way you would want to be treated.

After all, why show any favoritism?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" - or, in other words, Treat others the way that you would like to be treated with respect, dignity, and equality.

Treat Asians, Native Americans, or whoever, the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat members of another Christian denomination the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat your enemies, and all of the people who mean to do you harm, the way that you would like to be treated.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I wonder which liberal said that?

Treating others with respect and dignity is not a liberal thing. Since you are liberal yourself is abortion treating someone with respect and dignity? Do you support homosexuals getting married and adopting children since most liberals generally quote such scriptures such as yours to defend their beliefs? Is every thing that a liberal supports actually treating someone as they should be treated? Personally if I was sinning I would want someone to tell me out of love for my own soul. I am a conservative( actually Tea Party leaning) and I treat everyone with respect but if they live a life of sin without God I explain what they are doing wrong and how God can help their lives. I do that not out of arrogance but out of love. The scripture you claimed can be used across the political spectrum but you have this automatic belief that anyone who is not a liberal is bad and is thus not a Christian so are you even following the scripture you quoted since you are not treating those with conservative viewpoints with respect by claiming they are not following your view of Christ?

So I do care about the poor, the homeless, all sinners (not just the LGBT), those with different religious beliefs or denominations and though it is hard I do care about my enemies. So because I am not following to your liberal ideology I am completely wrong even though I do my best to walk with God?

How about this- let's not pigeon hole Jesus or God into any of our political categories because he is above everything including our human political games. We, as Christians, should be above politics and only see things through the lens of if Jesus would support our notions. When we state who we are there should never a political or racial word in front of it. Also due to the quickly changing political positions of politics it is difficult to pinpoint what type of political leaning he actually had- there were no liberals or conservatives in Biblical times. 

You push the "Jesus is a liberal" thing a lot and show snippets or no scriptural evidence. But I have noticed that when people reply to your message you rarely reply back. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

why would someone that is pressing in, trying to please God, want to go back to doing things that was right in their own eyes, well i could see why they might want to but that would not be revival that would be back sliding. sex with the same sex is abomination in the eyes of God such as any Sin. Paul writes in Romans 1 :

Rom 1:26

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves.

it is also in the list that will keep someone out of heaven. But I think your best answer can be found in Rev. It is better to be cold than lukewarm. if you are going to do what is right in your own eyes than just leave God out of it, Don't bring sin into the church. break connection with anything Godly, and just become as cold as you can, deny God for you have already refused to submit to Him, I spend time on facebook, and see over and over again, people giving testimonies then in their very next post cursing about something else or someone else in their life. I witnessed to an alcoholic friend of mine once, in tears he asked me "are you saying that God can't love a drunk like me" and I said no way; that is not what I am saying, but I am saying that your drunkeness hurts your witness For Him. I talked with a lady who had a child that was homosexual, she responed that she felt God would love her Child just the way they were. I said yes God loves to world, but doesn't accept someone as His, unless there is a change, The first words recorded of Jesus preaching is "REPENT" turn, change of the mind. paul preaching a renewal of the mind.  we have been bought by a price, we are no longer our's But His. there is nothing left for God to do, to prove His love for His creation, but there is plenty that we can do to prove our love toward him:  and again i say to step back and do the things that are right in our own eyes is not REVIVAL, but rather Backsliding. here is the key to true REVIVAL:

2Ch_7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Edited by His_disciple3

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I have a question -

Did anyone actually read the article?

It has some interesting things to say. I was hoping to hear some comments on that.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

I have a question -

It has some interesting things to say. I was hoping to hear some comments on that.

Yeah. The main idea that I got out of it was the younger Christian generation identifying as progressives/liberal and the older Christian generation identifying as more conservative. The progressive Christians believe that their religion is more personal and thus their beliefs do nothing in the political sphere so when voting the societal beliefs trump religious beliefs so they are strictly "Church and State" are separate even on an individual level. Such an idea imo completely illustrates how little such a progressive mindset understands the point of following Christ since at least on an individual level if a Christian chooses to be in the political sphere they are still called to obey Christ and not the world. On the other hand since they believe that religion is personal there is most likely be no actual movement and there will be this generational quietness even towards things that are directly contradictory towards their beliefs. Some believe this was the mindset that many had during pre-Nazi Germany and allowed such a quick infiltration of secularism. As a millenial, I understand the importance of keeping a personal relationship with God but I don't think we are called to keep the good news of the Gospel personal and quiet. We are called to spread the Gospel that sprouts from out relationship with God imo. 

You could have just said, Love everyone as He Loves you, and saved yourself a bunch of typing  :cool2:

well for the homosexuals I do treat them as iWOULD WANT TO BE TREATED, iF i AM IN SIN, i WOULD WANT SOMEONE TO SHOW ME THE WAYS OF MY ERR, SCRIPTURES SAYS IF WE DO THIS AND THEY TURN FROM THEIR SIN, WE HAVE GAINED A BROTHER/SISTER. a far as the blacks, mexicans, Asians, and the Indain and women,and handicap they were borned that way same as I was born white. and all need Jesus.  the poor and the homeless scriptures says that a righteous man has never been seen begging for bread. they need Guidance( give a hungered a fish you have give him a meal, teach him to fish you have changed his life.), denomination divide unity of the brethren, they need to humble themselves and loose the pride that they are closer to scriptures than the rest. well now I can do all the above, but the enemies are the ones I struggle with, why did God have to tell us to love our enemies, but seeing that He did I guess i will give it my best shot. to let a liberal continue to do what is right in their own eyes(sin), is like letting our children play on the super highways>  

I have a question -

I have a question -

ok I read part of the article, but see no great thing here, all this was told from scriptures a very long time ago , in the last days right will be wrong, and wrong will be right. just because the majority wants to jump off the empire state building for fiun, don't make it the right or even the safest thing to do.

Edited by His_disciple3