Budman

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Excellent post, Trinity. I agree wholeheartedly. It would seem that the majority of the body is concerned with preserving their own earthly lives, rather than bringing others to the light of Christ. Brethren, if, by not fighting, or by laying down your life, a single soul comes to Christ, it is well worth it. But we seem so concerned with cutting life short, and eliminating that oh-so-short chance for salvation. Brethren, if 100 or even 1000 of us must die so that a single soul may see the light, the peace and the joy of Christ, what of it? Let go of your lives, they belong to God now.

Here is an article by Carlo Stagnaro that you may find interesting:

In reality, while inviting people to love and mercy, Jesus never said that individuals have no right to defend themselves. Even less did he say they should not defend their feebler brothers when such are in danger. A person might decide to offer no resistance to aggression if he risks only his own life, but he can

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

M445......etc: By moral relativism I meant exactly the sort of truncated morality betrayed in your statement that the Koran "...has ITS SHARE of violent passages, but the Bible is not free..." from them either.

No person who has read both, and is possessed of equanimity could possibly make such a ludicrous statement. THAT'S 'RELATIVISM' and YOU are its definition, evidently.

Bgfrmmllbg bnmf hgmmmbg gm ngbrfrgbmmn!! Gbr frmnjllbfrgfm!!! :emot-questioned:<_<:cool:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

M445......etc:  By moral relativism I meant exactly the sort of truncated morality betrayed in your statement that the Koran "...has ITS SHARE of violent passages, but the Bible is not free..." from them either.

No person who has read both, and is possessed of equanimity could possibly make such a ludicrous statement.  THAT'S 'RELATIVISM' and YOU are its definition, evidently.

Bgfrmmllbg bnmf hgmmmbg gm ngbrfrgbmmn!!  Gbr frmnjllbfrgfm!!!  :taped:  :taped:  :taped:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm afraid you are incorrect, my statement was not relativist in the least. You are confusing buzzwords, brother.

Moral relativism is a view that claims moral standards are not absolute or universal, but rather emerge from social customs and other sources. Relativists consequently see moral values as applicable only within agreed or accepted cultural boundaries

Protagoras' notion that "man is the measure of all things" may be seen as an early philosophical precursor to relativism. Moral relativists hold that an unsharable, personal, and aesthetic moral core lies at the foundation of personal choices. They deny the possibility of sharing morality at all, except by convention.

A simple way to express this view is that "everyone draws their own moral from the same story" and behaves according to their own impression, acceptance, or rejection of it.

That being said, please explain to me how my statement quialifies as relativist.

And how is my statement ludicrous? I said that both the Quran and the Bible have violent passages. This is an obvious truth. The nature of those passages does differ between the two books, however. The fact that I am not a Muslim but a Christian should be enough to understand that I do not believe the two books to be equal.

Edited by M45510G1C

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Jesus says love is better than hatred, and that vengeance can never be the solution. On the other hand, He doesn

Guest Yleismauste

"Not all Muslims are terrorists, but . . . almost all terrorists are Muslims"

What about the radical Christians and Catholics that bomb aborition clinics? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Yleismauste,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

What about the radical Christians and Catholics that bomb aborition clinics?

Very eloquently said. I agree completely. I'm not sure christians would appreciate if people said:

" Not all christians are terrorists, but . . . almost all abortion clinic bombers are christians"

Do not do unto others as you would not have them do unto you.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

Guest Yleismauste
Dear Yleismauste,

This is just my opinion.  You don't have to accept it if you dislike it.  DISCLAIMER:  I am not a christian.

What about the radical Christians and Catholics that bomb aborition clinics?

Very eloquently said. I agree completely. I'm not sure christians would appreciate if people said:

" Not all christians are terrorists, but . . . almost all abortion clinic bombers are christians"

Do not do unto others as you would not have them do unto you.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your response to that.. I've read some of the things you have written on other boards and I like your honesty dispite some of the objection you face.

Yleismauste

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Quite right, Undecided! All three (3) abortuary bombers in the last 30 years have been (or considered themselves to be) Christians. Gee! Three (3...count 'em 3) in the last 30 years; and all ROUNDLY condemned and universally by Christians in America.

The comparison to what is going on in the Muslim world, reveals a very different outlook on life there, don't you think?

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Any radical Idea is a bad one be it, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu etc

Tell that to Jesus, who was quite the radical. :rolleyes: