IGNORED

Do you think a Christian should sue another person?

missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

What do you think the Bible has to say on this?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Interesting question. And although I know what the bible says (about believers), I think there may be a time when it is the only recourse.

Matthew 5

40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Matthew 5

40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.

Yep that's if someone wants to sue you. But if you want to sue someone then they should give you their cloak?

I have always wondered about this. It does not say don't sue, it says give more than is asked for?

The word also says don't run for the courts but sort it out with other believers. it does not talk about unbelievers does it?

Matthew 5

Yep that's if someone wants to sue you. But if you want to sue someone then they should give you their cloak?

I have always wondered about this. It does not say don't sue, it says give more than is asked for?

The word also says don't run for the courts but sort it out with other believers. it does not talk about unbelievers does it?

The bible states we are not to covet what others have. Suing is an act of lawfully forcing someone to give you what they have.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 Corinthians 6:1-8

6 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.

7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

I think its pretty clear, a christian is NOT to sue another christian. The Bible, however, is silent on whether a christian sues a non christian or not, so I think some commen sense should be applied. I think its wrong for christians to be caught up in frivolous lawsuits-(such as sueing mcdonalds for making them fat) But I think there are legitimate times where a lawsuit was called for-for example, if you are injured because of a faulty product that the company knew was faulty and sold anyway.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

NO! definately not.

We (God fearing believers) are not to be OF this world (Word).

Another place tells us; Not to be entangled with the ways of this world (Word).

Do unto others as you would do unto the Lord (Word). Would you sue your Lord and Savior?

If you do it to one of the least in my kingdom; you have done it unto me (Word).

Doing something of this manner is nothing but the flesh and you are being just as vile as the rest of the world.

HE tells us to; Be separated from this world. Don't do as they do. (Word)

We can find a scripture to use for self justification; but, it is not self that can justify anything. God Bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I should add I don't think a christian should ever sue an individual-christian or not. But as far as a christian sueing a non christian corporation, I think wise judgement is best.

NO! definately not.

We (God fearing believers) are not to be OF this world (Word).

Another place tells us; Not to be entangled with the ways of this world (Word).

Do unto others as you would do unto the Lord (Word). Would you sue your Lord and Savior?

If you do it to one of the least in my kingdom; you have done it unto me (Word).

Doing something of this manner is nothing but the flesh and you are being just as vile as the rest of the world.

HE tells us to; Be separated from this world. Don't do as they do. (Word)

We can find a scripture to use for self justification; but, it is not self that can justify anything. God Bless

What does this mean?.......(Word)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The bible states we are not to covet what others have. Suing is an act of lawfully forcing someone to give you what they have.

At this time, I am considering a situation where I might have to sue someone. Without going into details, that person owes me money for damages to items that I had to replace. I had to spend MY money to replace those items. I am the one whose bank account took a hit because of his stupid actions.

I do not covet anything the guy has. He doesn't have anything for me to covet. And if I have to force him to give me what he has-money-then I will do so. Hopefully the case is settled soon and he abides by the court order to make restitution. If not, I will use any legal means to get him to repay me. If that means a lawsuit, so be it. If he can't fork over the money and his assets have to be seized and sold then fine with me, although I doubt this would ever happen because the fool has no assets. The only other thing left would be to garnish his work wages, and I have no qualms about doing that, even if it means his child support does not get paid. After all, he wasn't thinking about his child the night he took something from my family.

Yes, some do covet what others have. And some of us just want what is rightfully ours.