IGNORED

Do you think a Christian should sue another person?

missmuffet

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

Now for the Biblical basis.

If the biblical pattern for reconciliation has been followed and the offending party is still in the wrong, in some instances a lawsuit might be justified.

Matthew 18:15–17

15 “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

So what exactly does that mean? "Let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector"

Personally, I don't see anything in that passage that justifies taking someone to court. And just so you know, I'm not judging you. If you feel you're in the right, go for it.

I agree with man.

This scripture is talking about the "Obligation to the Brotherhood". This is when something goes down in side the church. We, believers, have an obligation to fulfil.

We can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. (Word)

God Bless

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

"But I say to you, do not resist an evil man." - Matthew 5:39   

"Love your enemies. Bless those who curse you, and do good to those who spitefully use you"- Matthew 5:44

It would be very difficult indeed to love your enemy while suing him, and impossible not to resist him while suing him. Revenge and retaliation are contradictory to everything that a Christian should be, therefore, I would not advise it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,436
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Family we are a people no longer to be of this world... Yes in it but not of it!  Jesus told us to live as He did would bring about

suffering and in this case of suit is one example: We are to not love the world or the things in it and one of the ways we can

show this as truth within us is to show the world our lack of care for the things that are here! If they sue us give them more

than they ask~ so this reality above (not loving the things here) is seen clearly by them and they are without explanation why

we are as we are! Love, Steven