MarkNigro

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

Jesus Christ, who is the Lord God Almighty, proclaimed the following.

John 3:14-16

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Since belief is the only thing mentioned, it must be the only thing necessary for salvation. It cannot be belief plus anything else. If it were, then the statement would not be true. But Jesus said this, so it must be true. If someone does not believe these words spoken by Jesus Christ, then that person does not believe what Jesus Christ said. Therefore that person has not believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. John 3:14-15 and 16 are faith alone statements.

These verses also are eternal security (once saved, always saved) statements, else they would say might have everlasting life. If a person has everlasting life, they could never be damned. The same logic applies to the very many passages, which show that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ gives everlasting life.

From the above, we are assured by God Almighty the Saviour that if you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you are saved forever. Those that are saved through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood have all their sins paid for by that blood. They have all their sins forgiven by faith in His atoning blood. God will not remember their sins. Therefore, no passage of damnation or condemnation applies to those saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Those that have not believed by faith alone are not saved. None of their sins are paid for, forgiven, or forgotten.  Every passage of damnation or condemnation applies to them. Many people quote the very passages that condemn them.

Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13). He got the gospel by direct revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12). Jesus Christ ordained that the Gentiles should hear the gospel of salvation from Paul (see Romans 15:16 and 2 Timothy 4:17). Paul and Silas were asked a very direct question. Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit, said the following, which he got from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 16:30-31

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

If anything else were needed for salvation besides believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul would surely have said so. Faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood for our sins saves.

Paul declared the gospel of salvation (the good news of Jesus Christ) in the following passage.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Paul also wrote that all those who believe the gospel of Jesus Christ are saved forever.

Romans 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek

Do you believe Jesus Christ who said:

John 6:47

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

In love, in Christ, in meekness,

Mark

John 11:25-26

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/07/1977

Do you understand the Gospel message? If you do not understand the Gospel message but you would like to understand it I'm sure that there are many forum members who can explain it to you. I will gladly explain God's Plan of salvation to you; just ask if that is what you are looking for.

Please read my reply to your other post.

Every one in this forum and so with other fora of this nature has each his own respective understanding and misunderstanding of the scriptures in general. Not all in the scripture can be understood just like that. The question is who has the genuine understanding amongst us who read the bible? I categorically say that I do not have, how about you?

Saying the bible is "the word of God" means vague to me since God is alive and real and the Word of God is with Him (God), always. What I believe in the bible is that words that God uttered in the past are now recorded in it (bible). If I want to know the meaning of those words uttered by God in the past that are now in the bible, all I have to do is to come to and call on to God the way that Larry decided to out of his desperation - go and come straight to God and ask Him to teach me/us but this time, we have to learn the art of waiting to God to respond to our call.

Usually, the Bible already has the answer to our prayers, whether we ask God for His guidance or ask for answers to our questions. People wait for God's voice, signs, dreams, miracles, but what we are looking for is already in the Bible. Try to read and study the Bible and you'll learn that it is already complete.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  4
  • Birthday:  06/07/1977

Are you an unbeliever, or are you just testing me with questions. :cool2:

I am a believer/follower of the Lord Jesus Christ and my question to you is just to clarify with your "Word," what does it stand for? To some people that I met and talked to, "the Word" to them stand for the bible itself, but to some they refer the "Word" to Jesus but later on I discovered same is anchored in the bible, too. This is the reason why I am asking you, I want to be clarified with your "Word," if you may?

The Word is the Bible, and the Word is from the Living God. Old Test. and New Test, All 66 Books.

It depends on the use of the word "Word". It can be both used on the Bible if it is used for God's commandments and instructions, while it can be referred to Jesus if it is used as a person. The Word is one of Jesus' title. The word can be said as the 'word' (the Bible) and the 'Word' (Jesus). While it can be used on both, it's not necessarily mean Jesus is the Bible.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  10

I have heard Orthodox Christians exclaim that Protestant Christians are really missing the boat when they claim that we are saved by grace through faith alone.  They claim that is not all there is to it.  Both the Protestants and Orthodox are correct!  Yes, faith is all that is needed to be 'saved', but who wants to just be saved from eternal strife and that's it?  It's the continual seeking after God that should naturally develop out of salvation that transforms us into Christlikeness while we are in this present world, and that is also a very necessary part of our salvation.  I have come to know that God doesn't just want us to be saved for the next world, but this very one as well.  'Faith without works is dead', i.e. a bunch of beliefs with nothing to show for it is just...a  bunch of beliefs.   Most Protestants I've encountered don't believe that once you have faith and get saved you're finished growing as a Christian.  But it can sometimes sound this way to others.  Like Kierkegaard wrote, if you really believe this stuff, you should live in a drastically different manner and people should notice!

To put it in my own words, I think that my salvation only began that moment I first called out to God; I think of my salvation as an ongoing process; I don't want to just be saved from hell, I want to be saved from so much more.  Daily, I try to 'discern my salvation with awe and reverence'. 

Sometimes I fail though.

I have heard Orthodox Christians exclaim that Protestant Christians are really missing the boat when they claim that we are saved by grace through faith alone.  They claim that is not all there is to it.  Both the Protestants and Orthodox are correct!  Yes, faith is all that is needed to be 'saved', but who wants to just be saved from eternal strife and that's it?  It's the continual seeking after God that should naturally develop out of salvation that transforms us into Christlikeness while we are in this present world, and that is also a very necessary part of our salvation.  I have come to know that God doesn't just want us to be saved for the next world, but this very one as well.  'Faith without works is dead', i.e. a bunch of beliefs with nothing to show for it is just...a  bunch of beliefs.   Most Protestants I've encountered don't believe that once you have faith and get saved you're finished growing as a Christian.  But it can sometimes sound this way to others.  Like Kierkegaard wrote, if you really believe this stuff, you should live in a drastically different manner and people should notice!

To put it in my own words, I think that my salvation only began that moment I first called out to God; I think of my salvation as an ongoing process; I don't want to just be saved from hell, I want to be saved from so much more.  Daily, I try to 'discern my salvation with awe and reverence'. 

Sometimes I fail though.

Salvation is just by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood as the payment for our sins and nothing else Once saved always saved is true from scripture. You can never lose it.

But after salvation the Lord does want us to keep His commandments and do good works, which the Holy Spirit does through us.

This is not to earn salvation or maintain salvation. It is just the result of salvation.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Since belief is the only thing mentioned, it must be the only thing necessary for salvation. It cannot be belief plus anything else. If it were, then the statement would not be true. But Jesus said this, so it must be true. If someone does not believe these words spoken by Jesus Christ, then that person does not believe what Jesus Christ said. Therefore that person has not believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. John 3:14-15 and 16 are faith alone statements.

These verses also are eternal security (once saved, always saved) statements, else they would say might have everlasting life. If a person has everlasting life, they could never be damned. The same logic applies to the very many passages, which show that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ gives everlasting life.

From the above, we are assured by God Almighty the Saviour that if you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you are saved forever. Those that are saved through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood have all their sins paid for by that blood. They have all their sins forgiven by faith in His atoning blood. God will not remember their sins. Therefore, no passage of damnation or condemnation applies to those saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Those that have not believed by faith alone are not saved. None of their sins are paid for, forgiven, or forgotten.  Every passage of damnation or condemnation applies to them. Many people quote the very passages that condemn them.

Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13). He got the gospel by direct revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12). Jesus Christ ordained that the Gentiles should hear the gospel of salvation from Paul (see Romans 15:16 and 2 Timothy 4:17). Paul and Silas were asked a very direct question. Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit, said the following, which he got from the Lord Jesus Christ.

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

If anything else were needed for salvation besides believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul would surely have said so. Faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood for our sins saves.

Paul declared the gospel of salvation (the good news of Jesus Christ) in the following passage.

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Paul also wrote that all those who believe the gospel of Jesus Christ are saved forever.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek

Mark

Here are some more passages which show that salvation is just by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

John 11:25-26

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 5:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 20:31

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

1 John 5:13

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Acts 10:43

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Acts 13:38-41

38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets;

41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

Romans 3:19-26

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Whether from Jesus Christ, John the Baptist, Paul, Peter or John, it is the same. Salvation is just by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood.

• 3 weeks later...

Mark

Romans 3:22-26

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.